The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » RIP Helen Thomas (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
1) The Ashkenazi Zionist movement was created long before the Holocaust, so to invoke the Holocaust as the cause Of Zionism is to ignore history.

2) The Zionists represented by such as Avraham Stern (Irgun Stern gang) were Nazi collaborators who saw the expulsion of Jews as an impetus towards a Zionistic future:

Quote:
Avraham Stern and his followers announced that

“The NMO [Irgun], which is well-acquainted with the goodwill of the German Reich government and its authorities towards Zionist activity inside Germany and towards Zionist emigration plans, is of the opinion that:

1. Common interests could exist between the establishment of a new order in Europe in conformity with the German concept, and the true national aspirations of the Jewish people as they are embodied by the NMO.

2. Cooperation between the new Germany and a renewed folkish-national Hebraium would be possible and,

3. The establishment of the historic Jewish state on a national and totalitarian basis, bound by a treaty with the German Reich, would be in the interest of a maintained and strengthened future German position of power in the Near East.

Proceeding from these considerations, the NMO in Palestine, under the condition the above-mentioned national aspirations of the Israeli freedom movement are recognized on the side of the German Reich, offers to actively take part in the war on Germany’s side.”

They hanged people all over Europe after WW II for notes to the Nazis like these.

http://www.counterpunch.org/2002/12/23/51-documents/

3) Again I continue to be amazed at Woland's invoking of the Anti-Arab Christian sentiment of those who he thinks Helen Thomas supports, when Israel has killed thousands of those very same Arab Christians. Do you really not know there are Arab Christians in Syria, Egypt, Iraq, Lebanon, and Palestine?

4) To say that Helen Thomas is asking for ethnic cleansing is again to turn the facts around. She is asking the ethnic cleansers to leave.
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
What utter rot.

The snap creation of a Jewish State was not the result of long term campaigning by anyone. Part of the Seder is "next year in Jerusalem". Given that they got chucked out in the 1st Century, it was a slow burning lobby. Then, all of a sudden, in 1947, the constant peaceful lobbying paid off, just like that!

Incredible. I love it.

Oh, and there are some, very frum, sects who are anti-Zionist, based on their interpretation of the Torah.

It takes all sorts.

I do hate those settlements, and much else besides.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
The settlements, unfortunately, are logically consistent outcomes of the premises of Israeli Zionism. How could there not be settlements?

The Holocaust was certainly an impetus for the recognition of the State of Israel, but the intellectual and political underpinnings of Zionism came long before. And the essence is this--that as a persecuted minority, Jews deserved a homeland. As I'm sure you're aware, that homeland was not always focused on the Middle East--some thought Uganda would be the Paradise. But the founders of the State of Israel chose a place that was already occupied with real people with real homes who were uprooted and chased from their homes with the worst kind of terror tactics. The Israeli historian Lenni Brenner is quite articulate about this. Ben-Gurion and Begin, at least at first, did not try to hide their intention to cleanse the area of Arabs.

Quote:
The media over here is not shy about highlighting the plight of the Palestinian people, so I can't really relate to championing this person.

The British media is very very different from the US media in this respect. There were and are no mainstream media reporters or personalities who highlight the plight of the Palestinian people. Indeed, that's what the firing of the old lady was about, to send a message, you can't step out of the received line.

And of course, as I assume you know, given your comment about the frum sects, the meaning of "next year in Jerusalem," as my religious school rabbi told us, was the hope that if enough Jews acted in a holy enough manner, then when the Messiah comes Jews will be praying in the restored Temple in Jerusalem.
The great Gumbini
View Profile
Inner circle
3062 Posts

Profile of The great Gumbini
If I'm not mistaken Israel is the only country in the world who was and then was not and then is again. Then of course there is that famous bible scripture that predicted just that!

Good magic to all,

Eric
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » RIP Helen Thomas (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL