The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Secret Life of Uri Geller - Psychic Spy? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Quote:
On 2013-07-27 05:55, Markymark wrote:
It was'nt really a documentary though was it?
A lot of it felt that Uri was being gently mocked.
They kept asking him about secret things he might have been involved in knowing he was going to say ''I hope you understand but that is
not something I can talk about''
The BBC can do irony very well.
This becomes especially apparent if you listen to the background music. I won't spoil the surprises, but watch again and listen to the various accompanying themes.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm glad that after all these years people are beginning to see the truth in what has and is going on. It reveals who the real opportunists were all along. Just look how many DVD's PDF's and ebooks on metal bending the copy cats have sold? All on Uri's coat tails.......
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Not really...Uri is PARANORMAL, and therefore doesn't use tricks...

ergo - all these dvds, pdfs and ebooks on metal bending are copy catting anything...

I'm sure there's people who play rock, paper, scissors or ROSHAMBO by PARANORMAL means, its just that others choice other ways to do it...
I've asked to be banned
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
There are millions of people who play rock paper scissors, but my ROSHAMBO is a bit different. But why would you bring one of my favorite effects into a thread about Uri?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Slim - it was an example...

I could have used Marc Paul's effect instead...but as I was talking directly to you, it made sense...

sorry if that upset you...it was just a way to illustrate the difference...

your accusatory tone of people riding Uri's coat-tails isn't true, as Uri is real/paranormal, and the others are teaching things to emulate a certain talent...

it would be like Uri being accused of riding Dunninger's coat-tails cos he would bend a metal rod on the radio...
I've asked to be banned
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I don't see it that way at all,..... So you say that these people AREN'T riding on Uri's coat tails at all?
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Well, if your claim is true, then the whole of mentalism has been riding the coat-tails of something or other since it first started...

something supposedly "paranormal" is done by someone...but magicians emulate it in a certain way...

so its been coat-tail riding all the way, you included, me included...everyone...

coat-tail riding has a negative feeling associated it, like its easy or lazy - that's not the case is it dave...i'm sure you've worked very hard on emulating certain others (in fact, some of your threads recently are talking about precisely that) soooooo...you're a coat-tail rider!
I've asked to be banned
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I'm great at being inspired by truly paranormal and unexplained phenomena. However I don't try to be as Al Mann called randi ... "A Party Pooper!"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Of course you can say I'm biased because I was flown out to Los Angeles, met dozens of top notch mentalists, had a great vacation , and performed for the best NBC biz executives in California.... All on Uri's dime!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
That's nothing to do with you telling others that they are "coat-tail riders"...

unless you are saying you're allowed to do it, and its "inspiration", but if others do it, its something negative?
I've asked to be banned
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Yes ... I do it in a positive way and they do it in a negative way ... That's the problem. Their short sightedness has hurt the art of mentalism!!!!!
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
So hang on, you're talking about two seperate things aren't you...

a) exposers
b) people who have released work on metal bending

then you mix in this "coat-tail riding" accusation...so its a pretty mixed message you're sending out Slim...

would be useful if you could clarify things...
I've asked to be banned
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
I am the True Skeptic ... I am even skeptical of the so called skeptics, which are really Pseudo-Skeptics according to Truzzi.
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Quote:
On 2013-07-27 12:50, Slim King wrote:
I am the True Skeptic ... I am even skeptical of the so called skeptics, which are really Pseudo-Skeptics according to Truzzi.
Well, then. All hail, Slim and the inspired greatness of Dave.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
18038 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2013-07-27 12:55, Garrette wrote:
Quote:
THANKS!!! I'm glad that you've noticed I've taken a stand with the Founding Fathers of Mentalism ... I'm skeptical of the skeptics ... Get it? I think these Pseudo-Skeptics are frauds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-kKpH3Ujfc
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Quote:
On 2013-07-27 13:09, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-27 12:55, Garrette wrote:
Quote:
THANKS!!! I'm glad that you've noticed I've taken a stand with the Founding Fathers of Mentalism ... I'm skeptical of the skeptics ... Get it? I think these Pseudo-Skeptics are frauds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-kKpH3Ujfc
Yep. I get it. Have for a long time.
pduffie
View Profile
Veteran user
Scotland
340 Posts

Profile of pduffie
Maybe this is the reason for Uri's documentary?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/The-Secret-Life-......80287615
Alternative Magic
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
It's on US Amazon as well.
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
View Profile
Special user
874 Posts

Profile of 1908
Don't wait for the perfect moment...Take a moment and make it perfect!!!
MentalMidget
View Profile
New user
52 Posts

Profile of MentalMidget
I just stumbled across this video looking for something else and thought I'd add the link to this thread--

"The secret life of Uri Geller - full video"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o_liEi6VQa8
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » The Secret Life of Uri Geller - Psychic Spy? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL