The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My Self Generating Generator (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Eureka! I have found it! The secret to free energy!

No. Seriously, fellas. Me and a friend have been working for months on a self sustaining generator.Totally self sustaining without the need for any outside sources. We're almost in the home stretch. A few more parts and we will have our working prototype. We've tried it on some smaller household appliances, and it works great. But we are in the last step of making it large enough to power a house. The plan is to have it going by the middle of next month. Then we are going to put it on Kickstarters and the rest will be history.

I've taken a lot of guff from certain family members who don't believe it's possible. Telling me I'm a fool. But I'll have the last laugh.

I think it will be GREAT to be no longer dependent on the utility company and their greedy little monopoly. 

Who knows? I may even change the world. That is if I don't end up with my brake lines cut, or die of a mysterious heart attack, or just disappear some day...
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Good luck, seriously. I'm always interested in hearing about free stuff, despite that whatever you discover will eventually be a cost to a consumer. I hope you prove me wrong!

I recently contracted with a company to install solar panels on my home at no cost to me. Long contract short, they pay all costs of installation and maintenance and I pay about 45% of my present electric utility bill. The company gets the remaining savings since they installed enough panels to cover the cost of my entire monthly consumption. It's a twenty year contract and over that term I will save about $20K in utility bills and that's only based on present utility rates which will surely go up over the term of the contract, even with the escalation included in the contract. As an example, our annual contract increase is 3% and the utility just passed a 4% rate increase.

I'm curious about your innovation, please keep us posted?
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Since a truly self-sustaining generator would be a perpetual motion machine, your doubting family members have a good point.

Quote:
Perpetual motion describes "motion that continues indefinitely without any external source of energy; impossible in practice because of friction."[2][3][4][5] It can also be described as "the motion of a hypothetical machine which, once activated, would run forever unless subject to an external force or to wear".[6] There is a scientific consensus that perpetual motion is impossible, as it would violate the first or second law of thermodynamics.[4][5]

Cases of apparent perpetual motion can exist in nature, but either are not truly perpetual or cannot be used to do work without changing the nature of the motion. For example, the motion or rotation of celestial bodies such as planets may appear perpetual, but actually is slowing down due to energy loss from friction with intersteller gas, tides, and gravitational radiation[7][8] and will eventually stop. The flow of electric current in a superconducting loop may be perpetual and could be used as an energy storage medium, but as with a battery the amount of energy stored is limited so it could not serve as a perpetual source of energy.

Machines which extract energy from seemingly perpetual sources—such as ocean currents—are capable of moving "perpetually" (for as long as that energy source itself endures), but they are not considered to be perpetual motion machines because they are consuming energy from an external source and are not isolated systems (in reality, no system can ever be a fully isolated system). Similarly, machines which comply with both laws of thermodynamics but access energy from obscure sources are sometimes referred to as perpetual motion machines, although they also do not meet the standard criteria for the name.

Despite the fact that successful isolated system perpetual motion devices are physically impossible in terms of the current understanding of the laws of physics, the pursuit of perpetual motion remains popular.


http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion

Here's a brief history of perpetual motion machines that you may want to take a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_......es#2000s


I did a Google search on the term "self sustaining generator" and got thousands of hits to articles about people claiming to have invented one.
S2000magician
View Profile
Inner circle
Yorba Linda, CA
3469 Posts

Profile of S2000magician
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 00:15, mastermindreader wrote:
Since a truly self-sustaining generator would be a perpetual motion machine, your doubting family members have a good point.

Quote:
Perpetual motion describes "motion that continues indefinitely without any external source of energy; impossible in practice because of friction."[2][3][4][5] It can also be described as "the motion of a hypothetical machine which, once activated, would run forever unless subject to an external force or to wear".[6] There is a scientific consensus that perpetual motion is impossible, as it would violate the first or second law of thermodynamics.[4][5]

Cases of apparent perpetual motion can exist in nature, but either are not truly perpetual or cannot be used to do work without changing the nature of the motion. For example, the motion or rotation of celestial bodies such as planets may appear perpetual, but actually is slowing down due to energy loss from friction with intersteller gas, tides, and gravitational radiation[7][8] and will eventually stop. The flow of electric current in a superconducting loop may be perpetual and could be used as an energy storage medium, but as with a battery the amount of energy stored is limited so it could not serve as a perpetual source of energy.

Machines which extract energy from seemingly perpetual sources—such as ocean currents—are capable of moving "perpetually" (for as long as that energy source itself endures), but they are not considered to be perpetual motion machines because they are consuming energy from an external source and are not isolated systems (in reality, no system can ever be a fully isolated system). Similarly, machines which comply with both laws of thermodynamics but access energy from obscure sources are sometimes referred to as perpetual motion machines, although they also do not meet the standard criteria for the name.

Despite the fact that successful isolated system perpetual motion devices are physically impossible in terms of the current understanding of the laws of physics, the pursuit of perpetual motion remains popular.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Perpetual_motion

Here's a brief history of perpetual motion machines that you may want to take a look at:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/History_of_......es#2000s

I did a Google search on the term "self sustaining generator" and got thousands of hits to articles about people claiming to have invented one.

Any of them named "Doug", by any chance?
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
I just KNEW should have kept my big mouth shut and never posted this to start with. Me and my big mouth.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4966 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 00:14, Bob1Dog wrote:
Good luck, seriously. I'm always interested in hearing about free stuff, despite that whatever you discover will eventually be a cost to a consumer. I hope you prove me wrong!

I recently contracted with a company to install solar panels on my home at no cost to me. Long contract short, they pay all costs of installation and maintenance and I pay about 45% of my present electric utility bill. The company gets the remaining savings since they installed enough panels to cover the cost of my entire monthly consumption. It's a twenty year contract and over that term I will save about $20K in utility bills and that's only based on present utility rates which will surely go up over the term of the contract, even with the escalation included in the contract. As an example, our annual contract increase is 3% and the utility just passed a 4% rate increase.

I'm curious about your innovation, please keep us posted?

Sounds like a great deal. IIRC you're in Delaware. Any idea how far North you can go and still get the required amount of sunlight a year?
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 07:47, daffydoug wrote:

I just KNEW should have kept my big mouth shut and never posted this to start with. Me and my big mouth.

I'd love to hear what you have planned / are working on. Please keep us informed.

Sure, I'm doubtful about a self sustaining generator (prove me wrong) BUT say you can develop a cheap generator that generates enough useful output to power a house and is practically as good as self sustaining for, say, 20 years before it needs some form of recharging. That in itself would be a path to fame and fortune.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Profile of foreva.infiniti
Sorry buddy I cant believe it. Its like Im hearing you say you've achieved cold fusion. Though free energy isn't impossible like CF its highly unlike its been accomplshed. I'd say another hundred years which really isn't that long but hey more power to ya.
Colors are Foreva. Numbers are Infinite. 4 every number there's a color. HEY! Eternity! Lets smoke a beer and drink some loud. But wait! I heard you was a six a plus a 6 ahhhh.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I agree, balducci. Such a thing would certainly be worthwhile and valuable.

It was just a single sentence in the OP, though, that caused my concern:

Quote:
Totally self sustaining without the need for any outside sources.


That, by definition, is a perpetual motion device and would violate the laws of physics.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
All I can tell you without actually revealing how it works (that's for me to know and you to find out) is that we are not violating the laws of physics, but actually using the laws of physics to our advantage.

But since I, in my own nescience, (admittedly) posted the topic, and the result is that you guys tore into me like Tiny Tim on a Christmas turkey, (Yes, I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!) well, then, I suppose my only viable option is to just bow out of the thread gracefully. I apologize for any contention I may have caused, albeit inadvertently.

Truth is, I haven't posted a lot on the Café lately, because we have been operose working on the generator. And I don't have a lot of time now, because we still have a lot of work to do before the project is complete.

See ya'.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Cliffg37
View Profile
Inner circle
Long Beach, CA
2486 Posts

Profile of Cliffg37
As a Physics teacher I am very curious as to what runs the machine. If you are right, I am sure the p[ower companies that are in business now will make you very rich trying to keep your plan off the market. Good luck with it. Let me know what it is when you have it copyrighted and patented.
Magic is like Science,
Both are fun if you do it right!
Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
571 Posts

Profile of Circusman
I've worked out how to become a multi-millionaire !

All I have to do is wait until Daffydoug leaves the generator plans lying around - steal them - show them to the power companies. They then pay me zillions to bump Daffydoug off.
Then I sell his body to Weepinwill.

SORTED ! Thanks Daffydoug !
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Cliff,
I would LOVE to provide ancillary information to help you see what we have. but as a matter of secrecy between me and Scott, I simply can't. Our next step after completion will be http://www.kickstarters.com. We have a professional videographer ready to go so that we can start filming soon. Things have came together slowly because personal out of pocket finances have been exiguous at best.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Oh, that remnds me. We have already been offered a huge sum by an engineer who wants to be part of our company. But we smelled a rat and turned him down because there is the issue of CONTROL.. To put it bluntly, me and Scott are going to do this OUR way, and no outsider, who hasn't invested his own blood, sweat and tears in this, will have any part in controlling our decisions. End of story.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
So I guess that rules out having your idea reviewed by any experts.

I suggest you see a patent attorney ASAP.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
It WAS an idea at one time. It is no longer an idea but a reality. We have test ran it with a few simple household appliances, and it worked beautifully. Now with the coming addition of more and greatly increased amperage (plus cooling system, casing, and other bells and whistles) , we will be able run a house off of it easily.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
What is the power source for the cooling system? The generator itself?
MobilityBundle
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas/Boston
120 Posts

Profile of MobilityBundle
Further to Bob's suggestion, and *as* a patent attorney, I further suggest you see a patent attorney too. But not until you've built a prototype that actually works.

There are two levels to my skepticism. The first is the "you're violating the laws of physics" type that was discussed above. The other type comes by way of a story:

A client of mine used to work as a consultant for a venture capital firm. People would pitch the firm to invest in energy projects (mostly in the area of wind energy), and my client's job as a young engineer was to evaluate the designs. Almost 100% of the time, people DID come up with improvements to the things they were trying to improve. But they didn't take a big-enough-picture look at the entire system, and most of the time their improvements came at the expense of other aspects of the system they weren't thinking about, for either no gain or a net loss. The upshot it, it's TOUGH to improve on energy systems. Not impossible, but tough.

Finally, two things about your kickstarter campaign, some free (albeit vague) legal advice: be very careful about what you say or show, or you might end up waiving patent rights. More generally, you can waive patent rights in other ways besides via kickstarter. For example, having a videographer to come in and look at your device is arguably a "public disclosure" under patent law, even though the "public" in this case consists of one guy.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
As I stated, we have retained the services of a professional videographer. Any technical specifications of HOW it works, as far as what we are willing to release to the general public, will be explained in the video. I am truly not at liberty to discuss any technical details here. Of necessity, those specifics must remain between me and Scott. That's just the way it has to be.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1167 Posts

Profile of imgic
Since Daffy isn't ready to take investors...I've got an opportunity for anyone interested. Just sent me money and I'll guarantee triple digit returns for at least 10 years. My Uncle Bernie tuaght me a great investment system. I can't let you in on the details (that's for me to know and you to find out) but trust me...it works. I'll send anyone interested professionally made copies of my statements to show it's for real. Send me message for paypal account. Or better yet, since we're all friends, just send me your bank account information and I'll take care of all the boring paperwork...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My Self Generating Generator (25 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL