The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My Self Generating Generator (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Perpetual beer ;-)
Bob
Destiny
View Profile
Inner circle
1429 Posts

Profile of Destiny
Quote:
On Apr 16, 2014, Magic.J.Manuel wrote:
I would prefer a smaller energy supply that could just run the refrigerator off the grid. This alone would make millions. Several redundant power sources would be more reliable than one big one. But, this is as elusive as the pea under Pop's shells.

Meanwhile we should support hemp bio-diesel as the next carbon friendly fuel source.

Just sayin, it's real!
Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-05-21/po....../6488230
Starrpower
View Profile
Inner circle
4070 Posts

Profile of Starrpower
If "perpetual motion" means something works without energy and can even overcome resistive forces like friction, then it is impossible. But if all we want to do is make it work, it might be possible. It can't work without energy, of course, but if we used resources that are already here and not likely to stop in our lifetime (gravity, wind, sunlight, the Earth's rotation, tides, etc.) for all practical purposes I suspect we could make a machine that acts like a perpetual motion machine.
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
A little creative fun with Bhaskara's wheel and an overbalanced chain ;-)

Spoiler
http://www.lhup.edu/~dsimanek/museum/overbal.htm
Bob
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I say we generate heat from all the heated arguments online. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On May 23, 2015, Intrepid wrote:
Perpetual beer ;-)

What happens when the beer goes flat?
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:

Spoiler

The link isn't actually a spoiler as far as I can tell. It explains why the two examples can't work but doesn't explain why they both 'appear' to work!
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6781 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Daffy Doug has not been back. I'm not laughing. You make something like this? They will shut you DOWN! Google Wilhelm Reich. "Nuff said.

Doug
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Yeah, I made one once. They paid me a ton of money to keep quite which is why all my time is spent here now. Smile
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1166 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On May 25, 2015, Dougini wrote:
Daffy Doug has not been back. I'm not laughing. You make something like this? They will shut you DOWN! Google Wilhelm Reich. "Nuff said.

Doug

He hasn't been back to this thread...but he still posts to the Café on regular basis
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6781 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Quote:
On May 25, 2015, imgic wrote:
He hasn't been back to this thread...but he still posts to the Café on regular basis

Can't blame him. I'd be insulted by some of the comments here. He wasn't playin'. He really thought he had a device here! And who freakin' knows? It was ridiculous to think we could fly an airplane at one time!

I never laugh at someone sincerely studying ways to advance tech! No matter how ridiculous it might sound...

Doug
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On May 25, 2015, rockwall wrote:
The link isn't actually a spoiler as far as I can tell. It explains why the two examples can't work but doesn't explain why they both 'appear' to work!

A few more impossible machines from the same creative guy.
Bob
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On May 25, 2015, imgic wrote:
Quote:
On May 25, 2015, Dougini wrote:

Doug

I suspect he was also paid off to keep quiet which is why he now stays away from this topic.
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Quote:
On May 25, 2015, rockwall wrote:
Quote:

Spoiler

They use motors to create the illusion of perpetual motion. From the sights webpage:

"Perpetual Motion Machines

The term perpetual motion, taken literally, refers to movement that goes on forever. However, perpetual motion usually refers to a device or system that delivers more energy than was put into it. Such a device or system would be in violation of the law of Conservation of Energy, which states that energy can never be created or destroyed, and is therefore deemed impossible by the laws of physics. Our working models assist us to better explain the impossibility of Perpetual Motion. It's excellent tool to discuss first and second Laws of Thermodynamics, Hydrostatic equilibrium Law, Law of Gravity, efficiency, friction,...

Please, be advised:
These Videos are of motorized versions that were built to illustrate how these machines were supposed to work in the minds of Inventors."
http://www.veproject1.org/vepprograms.htm
Bob
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
I actually think it is kind of cool that the guy at veproject1 took the time to build all of these "working" perpetual motion machines. That's a specialized level of nerdiness I admire.
Bob
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Bob
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
Bob
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
6781 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Oh! I like those! Thanks Bob! Smile

Doug
Intrepid
View Profile
Special user
Silver Spring, MD
989 Posts

Profile of Intrepid
The impossible waterfall. M.C. Escher would be proud.
Bob
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Ok, so it's wind driven. It's still pretty awesome.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My Self Generating Generator (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL