The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My Self Generating Generator (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
July 22, 2013 11:28 pm "Big Brother Is Watching Me" thread
July 22, 2103 11:55 pm. "I've Discovered The Secret To Free Energy" thread

This will end well I'm sure.

Circusman
View Profile
Special user
Kent, England.
571 Posts

Profile of Circusman
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 14:21, imgic wrote:
Since Daffy isn't ready to take investors...I've got an opportunity for anyone interested. Just sent me money and I'll guarantee triple digit returns for at least 10 years. My Uncle Bernie tuaght me a great investment system. I can't let you in on the details (that's for me to know and you to find out) but trust me...it works. I'll send anyone interested professionally made copies of my statements to show it's for real. Send me message for paypal account. Or better yet, since we're all friends, just send me your bank account information and I'll take care of all the boring paperwork...

Sorry, but my Nigerian cousin (who's a former king) has already got my bank account details. He has to have somewhere to send his $50 million before he flees the country.
His secretary of state told me that it's totally genuine !
JoeJoe
View Profile
Inner circle
Myrtle Beach
1910 Posts

Profile of JoeJoe
Such small minds ... if energy cannot be created or destroyed, then the universe itself is a perpetual motion machine.

See Ed Leedskanlin's work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taAVoNyNQYo

-JoeJoe
Amazing JoeJoe on YouTube[url=https://www.youtube.com/user/AmazingJoeJoe]
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
No. It's not.

But what's being discussed here is a small closed system.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1167 Posts

Profile of imgic
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 15:10, JoeJoe wrote:
Such small minds ... if energy cannot be created or destroyed, then the universe itself is a perpetual motion machine.

See Ed Leedskanlin's work: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=taAVoNyNQYo

-JoeJoe

Will you be putting in money in Daffys kickstarter?
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4973 Posts

Profile of landmark
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
I say show us when it is accomplished. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 16:50, landmark wrote:
This is cute:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6TJd1WEA14

I love stuff like this!
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
I also think we should cut Daff some slack. He's excited about his new invention and he posted with exuberance. Who are we to question his methods or make fun of his idea? I for one hope he is successful and can come back with something to report, though I think these things take time. I also believe he needs legal advice as some have suggested. But let's give the guy a break and let him savor the moments of his excitement. Seems like a decent thing to do.
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1154 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Also pointing nuclear fusion can be thought as an extreme self generating generator. You just need a few watts to bootstrap it...
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Mehtas
View Profile
Inner circle
England, UK
1650 Posts

Profile of Mehtas
Well done doug.

I'm sure this'll make you big bucks Smile

Spare us a few million, will ya ???
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Is this machine using the earth's magnetic field as the primary source of energy? I have often wondered if there might be a way of using the magnetic field of the earth to create induction. Amplifying this induced electron flow would still be a major hurdle to overcome (probably the reason no such device exsists).

While it would be nice to be able to power an entire home, I think most people would be happy if it only ran one appliance.
I hope you are successful with your device AND it becomes available to the general public.
Please keep us informed of your progress or failure. Don't keep us in the dark for too long.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 16:50, landmark wrote:
This is cute:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p6TJd1WEA14

I'd like to see this done on a clear glass table. I suspect a spinning magnet under the cloth that everything was sitting on. Not a very convincing demo.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
4973 Posts

Profile of landmark
Agreed the table cloth was a bit dodgy looking. For a less impromptu demo, perhaps a false table top?
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6784 Posts

Profile of Dougini
Hey, Daff'! Smile

I'm not laughing! I wish you the BEST of luck with this!

The "daffier" Doug
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Iven,

Actually, that's not what we are using. But good thinking, man. We're just using physics to our own advantage. A child could have been able to figure this out. And as I stated earlier, we tested it on a small scale and did indeed run household appliances and it worked beautifully. The last phase that we are on now is simply to increase the amperage. We're simply "making it bigger" (in ultra simplified terms)

Dougini, you've always been a friend when I needed a friend. I'll pm you.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1167 Posts

Profile of imgic
Look for banner ad coming soon to the Café... Bridges in Brooklyn, Oceanside property in Kansas, and many more great deals coming your way....
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
MobilityBundle
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas/Boston
120 Posts

Profile of MobilityBundle
Quote:
On 2013-07-24 06:35, irossall wrote:
Is this machine using the earth's magnetic field as the primary source of energy? I have often wondered if there might be a way of using the magnetic field of the earth to create induction. Amplifying this induced electron flow would still be a major hurdle to overcome (probably the reason no such device exists).

By a back-of-the-envelope calculation, I estimate the total energy of Earth's magnetic field at about 10^26 ergs, or about 2800 Terawatt-hours. (I'm happy to show details, but don't want to gloss anyone's eyes over.) According to Wikipedia, the world's 2008 power consumption is about 142,300 Terawatt-hours, with about 27,000 TWh of that being in the U.S.

So, that doesn't bode well for the long-term prospects of using the energy of the Earth's magnetic field.

Not to mention, we really need it. Not just so birds or other creatures can navigate. The magnetic field is one of the main reasons our atmosphere doesn't get obliterated by cosmic radiation: the magnetic field deflects the charged particles. Without our magnetic field, we'd turn into Mars in a hurry.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
We need to turn our fecal matter into something that generates energy. Not just as fertiliser though. Something more substantial like a fuel source. There are billions of us, such a waste. Pun intended.

Also, the roads need to be used to harnest the semi perpetual motion of vehicles and turn it into energy.

Furthermore, treadmills and exercise bicycles need to be charging a battery when being used.

I'm sure someone can figure out how to do these efficiently.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Or the soccer ball that builds up electricity and can later be plugged into.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My Self Generating Generator (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL