The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My Self Generating Generator (25 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
You thought it was joke and so you laughed,
you laughed when I had said that losing you would make me flip my lid, right?
You know you laughed, I heard you laugh,
you laughed, you laughed and laughed and then you left,
but now you know I'm utterly mad.

HE WHO LAUGHS LAST, LAUGHS BEST.

BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR ENDEAVOUR.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
MobilityBundle
View Profile
Regular user
Las Vegas/Boston
120 Posts

Profile of MobilityBundle
Quote:
On 2013-07-24 22:43, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
We need to turn our fecal matter into something that generates energy. Not just as fertiliser though. Something more substantial like a fuel source.

In progress.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/......able-gas
Bob1Dog
View Profile
Inner circle
Wife: It's me or this houseful of
1159 Posts

Profile of Bob1Dog
Quote:
On 2013-07-24 23:51, acesover wrote:
You thought it was joke and so you laughed,
you laughed when I had said that losing you would make me flip my lid, right?
You know you laughed, I heard you laugh,
you laughed, you laughed and laughed and then you left,
but now you know I'm utterly mad.

HE WHO LAUGHS LAST, LAUGHS BEST.

BEST OF LUCK IN YOUR ENDEAVOUR.

They're coming to take me away, Ha ha, they're coming to take me away ho ho, he he, ha ha, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats.and they're coming to take me away ha ha!

To the happy home with trees and flowers and chirping birds and basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs.........
What if the Hokey Pokey really IS what it's all about? Smile

My neighbor rang my doorbell at 2:30 a.m. this morning, can you believe that, 2:30 a.m.!? Lucky for him I was still up playing my drums.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-07-25 01:28, MobilityBundle wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-07-24 22:43, Pakar Ilusi wrote:
We need to turn our fecal matter into something that generates energy. Not just as fertiliser though. Something more substantial like a fuel source.

In progress.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/business/2010/......able-gas

Good.
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
I really enjoy a good steak cooked as rare as possible (almost raw). In the case of the Japanese steaks mentioned in the article below, PLEASE make mine well done (very well done) thank you Smile .

http://www.dailytech.com/Japanese+Make+D......1932.htm

Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6784 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I guess you were right, Daff'...wrong place to post this... Smile
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2013-07-25 09:44, Dougini wrote:
I guess you were right, Daff'...wrong place to post this... Smile

This is actually probably the best place he could have posted it, at least here he has a few friends who are going to encourage him in this pursuit no matter what. And any criticism he gets is mild, and generally good-natured.

What kind of response do you think he would get talking about his idea for an endless supply of free energy, generated without the help of any outside source, and so simple "a child could have been able to figure this out" over on this forum?

http://www.physicsforums.com/

It's free to register over there.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
You said "idea" But an idea, as with a wish, a dream, a mere velleity, remain such because they are not acted upon. This is no longer an idea. It's now empirical. We have run household appliances with it, and it works perfectly. The final step will be to increase the amperage and be able to run an entire house.
The difficult must become easy, the easy beautiful and the beautiful magical.
Dougini
View Profile
Inner circle
The Beautiful State Of Maine
6784 Posts

Profile of Dougini
I hope ya do it, Daff', and when you do, it'll put an end to the naysayers. It's amazing. If everyone needed a physics degree that had a new invention...we'd still be in caves...
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Daffydoug ... you say it is self-sustaining, I am curious whether you need to start the generator using an outside power source?

Once started and running, does it run with no external energy input ... or does it use an external input and provide more energy than you put into it?

If you do not want to answer now prior to the kickstarter campaign, I understand.

When it is on kickstarter, make sure to let us know!
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Our plan is to take it deep into the middle of the woods, and run it there for a video demonstration. Not sure if we'll use that one for the kickstarters campaign or not: But we have retained a professional videographer, best in the state, to film for us.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3394 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
I think a home shot video would be even more convincing. The less editing and production values the better.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
We might do that also. Or interview people on the street. We'll see when we consult with our videographer. It's still a bit down the road.

And as for the naysayers? I'd say it's a fair assessment to state that I've endured the jabs; the jeers; the animadversions with grace, no? I've not lashed back. No not once. I've held my peace. And to be frank, I don't blame them one bit for doubting. I'd probably doubt too, if I were in their shoes. So then, I am able to be empathetic.

But despite all that, we're making this thing work. I said it's child's play, but it's to be understand that that was hyperbole. It really has taken some ingenuity and "outside the box" thinking, but nothing that any aficionado of Popular Mechanics couldn't have come up with if they had truly put on their thinking cap.

The answer has been staring us in the proverbial face all the while.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Daffydoug,

I am not being funny here. You do know if you are successful in this venture you are the next Bill Gates?

Again I am not being funny.

BEST OF LUCK.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2732 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 11:05, daffydoug wrote:
All I can tell you without actually revealing how it works (that's for me to know and you to find out) is that we are not violating the laws of physics, but actually using the laws of physics to our advantage.

But since I, in my own nescience, (admittedly) posted the topic, and the result is that you guys tore into me like Tiny Tim on a Christmas turkey, (Yes, I SHOULD HAVE KNOWN!) well, then, I suppose my only viable option is to just bow out of the thread gracefully. I apologize for any contention I may have caused, albeit inadvertently.

Truth is, I haven't posted a lot on the Café lately, because we have been operose working on the generator. And I don't have a lot of time now, because we still have a lot of work to do before the project is complete.

See ya'.

I don't see where anyone "tore into you" in any way. They didn't agree with you and provided reasons why. If that's what you consider getting torn into, you are overly sensitive for the Internet.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Perhaps I am a tad oversensitive. I'll have to work on that.

The next Bill Gates? I'd never thought of it that way. Grasp that concept my mind does not.
imgic
View Profile
Inner circle
Moved to Seattle to see
1167 Posts

Profile of imgic
I swore off this thread as I'm one of the the naysayers. While the ellusive answers may be explained as need to protect the invention, the statement about need to work on cooling indicates the production of heat, most likely from friction, which means the system is losing energy during transmission of production to application.

But then to paraphrase Shakespeare, "There are more things in heaven and earth than ae dreamnt of in my philosphy..." and who's to say you didn't stumble across something that's been in front of everyone's noses all along.

The big issue now is how to move forward. If you're going to do it, do it right. Don't do a video...and what the heck does a man off the street know of what they're looking at? Your current plan will make you look amatuerish, will not provide potential investors with anything more concrete than the spinning pencil video, and will not offer you any legal protection.

Take the money you were going to use on a professional videographer, and spend it on a visit to a patent attorney. Just starting the process offers you some protection. Then, instead of taking money to build larger version, take your existing prototype and have it tested by an independent organization. A local university's physics department should be able to help you out. Patent attorney can help with non-disclosure forms. The independent testing will confirm (or not) your device is truly producing more energy than it consumes.

After that, heck with kickstarter...venture capitalists will beat a path to your door...or you can license out the technology and watch the money begin to roll. Whatever you do, you're legally protected, and you have verifiable data to back your claims.

Though I'm not holding my breath...at the very worst I think you're a scam artist. At the very best, I think you're somebody who's tinkering with stuff, and has created something that has a very high energy conversion rate...so that on a small scale it appears to be self generating. But once you make it larger, you'll find it's not so.

But maybe I'm wrong and you're the next Bill Gates...
"Imagination is more important than knowledge."
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Much appreciated advice. All I can do is pass it on to Scott (And I will) and hope he's open to the light.

Man, again, I TRULY appreciate and value that positive input.
daffydoug
View Profile
Eternal Order
Look mom! I've got
14061 Posts

Profile of daffydoug
Update: For clarification, we plan to do two videos. The one in the woods we will film ourselves for Ytube as a prelude to the Kickstarters campaign. We'll take it deep in the woods and run a TV or something off of it., (To demonstrate it's independence)

The second video for Kickstarters will be done by a professional videographer. (When we can come up with the mean green because she charges an arm and a leg.)
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3394 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
A professional video may make you look more like scammers. A simple explanation and demonstration with as little editing and polish as possible will look much more honest and sincere.

Magnetized Water and Foot Baths that cleanse the body of inorganic pollutants always have slick videos with high production values.

You really should just find verification of your concept. You don't need pizzaz, you need proof. With any kind of proof, investors will be coming out of the woodwork. Just document and protect.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » My Self Generating Generator (25 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5..10~11~12 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL