The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » RSVP MAgic Presents CREASED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4757 Posts

Profile of RNK
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79TzCjC6b70

Anybody have this? Thoughts?

RNK
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Hmm I mean I guess its nice to have different variations of the ambitious card but wayne fox has the card come back to the top the white sticker. I think that's wayyy more visual than the crease. The second time they demo'd the crease, I didn't even see it happen. Idk, Im still interested in the appearing crease mark, just not sure if that's how I would use the gimmick. My two cents Smile
You can call me Cash!

Email: casshandw@gmail.com
Facebook: Casshan Wallace
Twitter: @Casshan_Wallace
Instagram: @cash_magic
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I REALLY like that. Its very pretty.

Plus with this you don't have to carry around white stickers XP
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4757 Posts

Profile of RNK
Hmmm. Two good points of view. The sticker is much more visual but the Crease is a little more practical.

Interesting.......
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2397 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Looks really good. I like it.
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 11:21, Magic.Maddy wrote:
I REALLY like that. Its very pretty.

Plus with this you don't have to carry around white stickers XP

True dat Smile lol I guess it depends on if you're most focused on practicality or visual aspects lol idk. I never got the sticker ambitious effect mainly because I would have to carry stickers. I'm not saying I don't like this because it fooled me and it looks really nice, just not sure how it would look in real life, if the crease is visible enough. Maybe it was just the way the trailer was edited. I do like how it looks, but you can use this for many things like a transpo or other things. Hopefully they put extra routines and stuff and not just an ambitious routine. I would probably get this Smile
You can call me Cash!

Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
917 Posts

Profile of Martino
I don't understand this.

Why is this new gimmicked method any better than the old bent card ruse which is completely ungimmicked, and looks just as (if not more so) visual.

If someone could explain that to me I'd gladly listen.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
NYCJoePitt
View Profile
Special user
553 Posts

Profile of NYCJoePitt
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 11:48, Martino wrote:
I don't understand this.

Why is this new gimmicked method any better than the old bent card ruse which is completely ungimmicked, and looks just as (if not more so) visual.

If someone could explain that to me I'd gladly listen.

I too also like the bent card effect. It is certainly more visual than this crease. But I have to admit that the crease, while more subtle, did look very magical. I think the trade-off is that there is a gimmick is involved and how much trouble it will be to dispose of the gimmick. Will this crease appear have to be the "finale." Probably, because you've creased their card and now you are going to give it to them as a souvenir.

I think I'll wait on reviews for this one. I do like the visual effect here. If we were all still smoking, I'd blow some smoke on top of the cards to get the crease to appear... that would look really awesome! (insert graphic with puff of smoke here, lol)
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1670 Posts

Profile of JamieD
I think this looks ace!

My two cents on the whole bent card/ creased comparison. Most magicians know that one of the best pieces of advertisement for any magician is the souvenir. I have countless people continue to mention that they still have their bent coin or signed card on them. What is lovely about CREASED is, they will have a specific reminder of what happened. It is almost like a memory hook that they will latch onto every time they see the card.

The bent card effect is brilliant because it is gimmick less and visual but a signed card is just that. A signed card. The bend in that card straightens out and the effects gets lost in amongst many of the other signed card effects you may perform.

Personally, ill be picking this up! No cover, totally clean looking and folding a card always creates intrigued with an audience!

Good work guys!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 10:10, RNK wrote:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=79TzCjC6b70

Anybody have this? Thoughts?

RNK

RNK, thanks for posting this. It says no force, card can be signed.

http://www.rsvpmagic.com/creased-by-arnel-renegado/

Here's the BIG plus:

"teaches you how to make your own gimmicks".

I want one!
Casshan
View Profile
Loyal user
283 Posts

Profile of Casshan
Quote:
On 2013-07-23 12:38, Zombie Magic wrote:
Here's the BIG plus:

"teaches you how to make your own gimmicks".

I agree that's definitely a plus Smile
You can call me Cash!

zacksdad
View Profile
New user
7 Posts

Profile of zacksdad
Trust me, the bent card effect does not get forgotten by laypeople. I have been asked to do it again by people years after they first saw it- they don't need to keep a card in their pocket to remember the effect.

I agree that creased looks good, and hope that those who choose to buy it enjoy it.
kieronthemighty
View Profile
Special user
614 Posts

Profile of kieronthemighty
It looks so visual cant wait to get this I'm becoming a fan of arno magic effects well done russ this looks so sweet

Kind regards

Kieron
Phil J.
View Profile
Elite user
460 Posts

Profile of Phil J.
For me it's just not visual enough. I can see people asking, what happened?
You were born original... Don't die a copy Smile
Libertus
View Profile
Regular user
124 Posts

Profile of Libertus
Quote:
On 2013-08-08 13:44, Phil J. wrote:

I didn't see the crease in the 2nd part of the video. Not impressive.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4757 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-08-08 14:14, Libertus wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-08 13:44, Phil J. wrote:

I didn't see the crease in the 2nd part of the video. Not impressive.

True. But I think that's because it's on video. I am wondering this may be one that shows up better live....

RNK
russ stevens
View Profile
Special user
Russ Stevens
571 Posts

Profile of russ stevens
Hello Everyone,

Just to let you all know that Creased ships out tomorrow and that due to pre-order demand, we have already nearly sold out. We do have some units in stock, but when they're gone it will be a while before they're back in stock, due to the fact that the creator Arnel Renegado makes each unit by hand.

Many thanks again for your support of rsvpmagic.

Best,
Russ
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1670 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Absolutely genius method! Like nothing I have come across! The visuals are also awesome! This is one for magicians to giggle at method and spectators to freak at in practice!

Highly Recommended by me!

Jamie Daws
THE DARK SERIES - DECEASED - SCREAM - HE'S NOT HERE - www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
Zuke
View Profile
Veteran user
352 Posts

Profile of Zuke
This does look great, really great in fact. I just don't want to be working around an extra gaff in the deck while I'm doing my ambitious routine, or for that fact having to add a gimmick for my ambitious...I'm guess I'm a bit lazy that way. Id rather just go into it with the deck I've been using for other effects and then finish with the bent card.

Good luck to those of you who buy this though.
1KJ
View Profile
Inner circle
Warning: We will run out of new tricks in
3546 Posts

Profile of 1KJ
I just received this, but haven't seen the DVD yet. The gimmick really surprised me. Upon examining the gimmick, it occurs to me that the gimmick has potential uses way beyond just the effect. It could be used really effectively as a key card to add to an ambitious routine, or to do a totally different routine. I had pretty low expectations upon receiving this, but now I rather like the idea.
I'll give a more thorough review when I get a chance to watch the video.
KJ
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » RSVP MAgic Presents CREASED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.12 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL