The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » No diary - Chris Congreve (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-08-15 05:11, Sean Giles wrote:
That's the trouble with this place Iain. Whatever you say, there's always one person who will misinterpret it into something negative. They love it and scour the boards for anything they can reply negatively to. Thankfully it's a small minority.

best,
Sean

Then there are those who contribute little to magic/product discussions and submit literally hundreds of criticisms of the comments of others. Terrible places these open forums...
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
The only facts here are that you and Chris make money together

Wrong again! Please may I refer you back to my comment about getting your facts straight!

Quote:
What I said still holds true. You might like his stuff, but the opinion holds less value than that of one who gains no profit from Chris' successes.

Please see above. Yawn!

Quote:
The NY Rangers are owned by Newsday Newspaper. They add that note to every article/editorial which deals with the team to disclose potential bias.

Funny you should compare this situation to newspapers. You would make a very good journalist...

Quote:
Please note. I did not quote you in my comment about bringing out our business partners to advocate for our controversial products. How do you know it was about you and not Saturn Magic, a dealer? Interesting.

Really? Smile

I'm sorry Robvs, but I have better things to do with my time than to engage with those who blatantly question my integrity. This thread is about Chris' product and perhaps, if it's ok with you, we can get back to discussing that!

Iain.
Saturn UK
View Profile
Inner circle
2654 Posts

Profile of Saturn UK
So the comment was aimed at me, thanks!

Sorry you did not find my posts or review helpful.
www.saturnmagic.co.uk

#theshopwithstock Pleased to be different!

FACEBOOK: www.facebook.com/saturnmagic.co.uk
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 08:35, Saturn Magic wrote:

I've no doubt his comments were aimed at me, Mark, since his allegation came straight after my post. Plus, your review came several posts AFTER his so you can't have been the target.

He will I'm sure (now he's been challenged) deny this, but reading his response to mine makes things clear for all to see.

It's always the ones who hide behind their pseudonyms and default avatars. They think they can say whatever they like, no matter how libelous, without facing retribution.

Iain.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Great trick, I find one thing could be improved (may be for version 2?): a way to compute the card without looking at the calendar. It would take extra practice but I feel it would be still a plus.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 08:35, Saturn Magic wrote:

Sorry you did not find my posts or review helpful.

Nah, it wasn't. I found your review quite helpful actually. Sorry to use you for a hypothetical.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Moran,

It isn't unfair to call you a business partner with Chris. You reside on camera together for products, you exist in the credits together (for example: "The Light"). Now if it is absolutely true that you and Chris have not ever profited from the same product I will retract my statement and agree that I am out of line. . But please clarify this.
I do not doubt your integrity, but biases do indeed exist.

If someone put food on my plate I am likely to think he and his work is great.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 12:56, paperinick wrote:
Great trick, I find one thing could be improved (may be for version 2?): a way to compute the card without looking at the calendar. It would take extra practice but I feel it would be still a plus.

I agree... but I think there is already a system behind which - once discovered by its regularity - can be transferred into a (usable) "formula" Smile. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Jan, no formula can describe this. I tried. Smile
Odd/Even have different meta-patterns on the front side. At that point it would be easier to memorize everything. Smile
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Iain Moran
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, England
693 Posts

Profile of Iain Moran
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 14:38, Robvs wrote:
It isn't unfair to call you a business partner with Chris. You reside on camera together for products, you exist in the credits together (for example: "The Light"). Now if it is absolutely true that you and Chris have not ever profited from the same product I will retract my statement and agree that I am out of line. . But please clarify this.

Vs,

For your information Chris and I recorded some product reviews for Warped Magic, but neither of us received payment for this, it was done merely for fun. The Light, 52 vs Joker Project and Dupes (on which I appeared) were all done because of my friendship with Chris and Gary. I have NEVER profited from any products of Chris' - I do hope this is clear? I'm rather irritated that I'm having to defend myself when I've done nothing wrong.

Those who know me will be aware that as far as products are concerned, if I don't have anything nice to say, I don't say anything.

Can we please get back to reviewing Chris' trick!

Iain.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Please accept my apology. I was out of line and incorrect.
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 15:11, paperinick wrote:
Jan, no formula can describe this. I tried. Smile
Odd/Even have different meta-patterns on the front side. At that point it would be easier to memorize everything. Smile

I appreciate this. It's helpful in deciding a purchase.
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3517 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
There is definitely a pattern that can be used which means hardly any memory work.
JanForster
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany ... when not traveling...
4192 Posts

Profile of JanForster
I will check it, Sean. If so - what I believe - I will post it downstairs. Jan
Jan Forster
www.janforster.de
rgnprof
View Profile
Regular user
157 Posts

Profile of rgnprof
Which Cassidy source has the best description of his 'Chronologue'? I was going to get his Mental Miracles DVD, but then I started reading about The Artful Mentalism...

Thanks, ryan
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
The most up-to-date description is in "The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy."
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
I think watching Bob perform in front of the audience (e.g. the way he addresses the guy who interrupts saying "it's my birthday!") is a treat.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
There is definitely a pattern that can be used which means hardly any memory work.

The sequence has a pattern: no doubts.
The sequence head (i.e. the first good card for each month) doesn't have a pattern. Front and back have different "head" sequences. Odd and even fronts have different "head" sequences. Any formula expressing this would be more complicated than memorizing or glimpsing. See Bob Cassidy's Mental Miracles for a valid point on this. Smile
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
1177 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Quote:
On 2013-08-17 11:50, mastermindreader wrote:
The most up-to-date description is in "The Artful Mentalism of Bob Cassidy."

Bob, do you have public appearances upcoming? I live in the same area, I was wondering if I can get an autograph on my copy! Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
I rarely do public appearances, but I will be at MindVention in November and most likely back at the Magic Castle some time after that.

Where do you live?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » No diary - Chris Congreve (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3..8~9~10~11~12 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.04 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL