The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Carnie Tarot Elite full deck! (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
Will you be making Flemish versions?
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Well Rick with all those cards you have to make, at least we know your staying out of trouble,.....LoL For hand aged stacks, those prices sound more than fair as always. Thank you for your time to make these requests a reality !
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 07:47, necroloid wrote:
Will you be making Flemish versions?

Yes the traditional is being done at the same time as Carnie and should be ready the end of the week.
2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
DarrinOC
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of DarrinOC
Wow. I lost my old lurker account. Just a few notes / clarifications on the deck.

It's designed to be an expansion of the Carnie / Traditional Tarot. For artwork we're using the Minors of the 1780 Vandenborre Bacchus (or 'Flemish') Tarot. Dig around the internet and you can find some of them.

This current set is just the Traditional art; no clowns, no skulls, etc. Many reasons for this. Most of the cards are quite literal: the Six of Swords is a picture of six swords; the Seven of Swords is the Six card with an extra sword. Not much room to be creative. Also it seems better to let the Majors stand out. Those are cards with identity and names and significance. When one of them flips over it should mean something.

So for now it's just Traditional. My mouse hand is thankful.

There's a special reading system and it's fully compatible with the Carnie Tarot. Without exposing too much, just imagine the current system with an add-on for the four suits (in order: 1.Wands 2.Cups 3.Swords 4.Coins) and 14 cards in each suit. Simple and elegant without changing a thing.

Note: Can't speak for DDT because I didn't make it (I wish; that art is incredible). I can imagine 56 more designs would kill the artist. Plus, as Rick pointed out, instead of a deck you'd have to call them a 'brick' of cards.

One last thing. When this goes live those of you looking to expand your Carnie Tarot please give your card measurements to Rick. There's been three sizes of Carnie Tarot in the last five years and each deck is individually cut. No two decks are the same so we'll have to adjust the Minors to fit your Majors. Those who buy them together they will get cut together.

No creepy spirits or demons invoked in these decks... yet.

Back to the lab.

Darrin...
Developer, The Carnie Tarot
Roth
View Profile
Inner circle
The 18
5090 Posts

Profile of Roth
All Carnie Elite orders up to yesterday have shipped.

Here are some pics. The un-aged cards (not aged yet) are original Carnie style and they are some of the new minor court cards. They're very pretty.

The aged cards are the Carnie Traditional Elite. Included are minor court cards and the special cards. The special cards pictured are original Flemish cards in a full deck but English instead of French and we wove Hobbs & Co. in there Smile

The special cards are the same in both versions

2015 ECSS Alumnus

PANDORA

Deadwood
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
They are a thing of beauty good sirs !!!!!
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5155 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Fantastic!!!
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
Cunningham
View Profile
Regular user
Minnesota
159 Posts

Profile of Cunningham
Just ordered mine!! I'm now playin with a full deck.
timmd92
View Profile
New user
3 Posts

Profile of timmd92
Hey rick please check your inbox... you are not answering..
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Give him a minute, sometimes he doesn't hear the PM doorbell...... Smile
Mickturbo
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
78 Posts

Profile of Mickturbo
Those pictures of the aged Carnie Traditional Elite may have pushed me over the edge. My fingertips are tingling imagining those lovely things in my hand. Now they're moving to the buy button... help!!!
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Push the button - Push the button - Push the button.........Smile

Where you really looking for one of us to tell you don't, or to make you feel better that you want to....? LoL Smile
Wrong section / place......Hee-Hee-Hee Smile I'm one of the "hopelessly lost to Outlaw Effects" so I'm noooo help.......LoL
DarrinOC
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of DarrinOC
Just to re-reclarify, since obviously my last post has outdated info.

Elite deck, like the majors, now comes in two versions.

Traditional: Vanilla 1780 Vandenborre Tarot.

Carnie: 1780 Vandenborre 'pip cards' (Six of Swords, Nine of Coins', etc.) plus masked court cards. Rick's photo gives you an idea how they look.

Adding a 'crib sheet' sample instruction card to help learn the full 78-card reading system.

Same suit order as before: Wands (peasant estate), Cups (clergy estate), Swords (nobility estate) and Coins (merchant estate).

Hope you all enjoy it.

Thanks,
Darrin...
Developer, The Carnie Tarot
Mickturbo
View Profile
New user
Los Angeles
78 Posts

Profile of Mickturbo
Merlinsmagic,

Haha, the pull is too strong for anyone to resist! I just have to space my purchases out so the bank and the girlfriend don't stage an intervention.
american crow
View Profile
New user
11 Posts

Profile of american crow
I just received a set of the complete Flemish Tarot from the Outlaw workshop. As everyone knows by now, what emerges from that wonderland are brilliant and beautiful artifacts and tools that can used in an almost limitless set of circumstances. The deck is a gem to hold, as well, and the collector will be very satisfied. This new deck takes the ingenuity of the original Carnie Tarot and closes the circle. We now have at our control a complete manifestation of the Tarot. At some point everyone will want to have this marvelous set of cards. A complete set like this takes time to produce, but it's worth the wait. Each card is hand finished and so, what you have is a unique work. Every deck a little different.

With this deck in hand one can go in so many directions. It could well be the most versatile Tarot deck around. If need be, portions of the deck can be culled, stacked, and played in many, many ways. By setting aside the Majors and four of the suit cards, one can have a very mysterious modern deck. The cards are in the trad Marseilles style. It has been said this pattern is a challenge to read. I think they liberate the reader to emerge into a more sensitive realm of cues and connections.

If you can, spring for the whole deck. That way the fit and finish will match throughout.
necroloid
View Profile
Special user
Kadar knows all and sees all of my
921 Posts

Profile of necroloid
My traditional Carnie deck arrived also. They are very niceley aged(and smell nice) I much prefer the traditional over the regular carnie deck(although it appears that the "carnival" version of Death,and Judjement, with the skulls and clowny faces at the bottom, slipped in. I will have to ask Rick to send me a replacement, which I am sure will come just as quickly) I am glad to see Rick implementing a shipping schedule to get his product to his customers in a timely fashion.
spindoc
View Profile
Regular user
167 Posts

Profile of spindoc
My traditional Flemish deck arrived this morning, just in time for Halloween. Rick seem to have come up with a new method for aging the cards and the result (not to mention the smell) is overpowering. Well worth the price, considering it's a limited edition.
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
Bringing this old thread back to life in case someone here would consider selling their Carnie deck (traditional) or Flemish.
ProfessorMagicJMG
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of ProfessorMagicJMG
Quote:
On Apr 3, 2018, greerj wrote:
Bringing this old thread back to life in case someone here would consider selling their Carnie deck (traditional) or Flemish.

Gemini Artifacts has the rights and is going to be producing these in the future.
"Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Clarke's 3rd Law

"Any sufficiently primitive technology can mystify a postmodern audience." - JMG's Corollary to Clarke's 3rd Law
greerj
View Profile
Loyal user
East Tennessee
283 Posts

Profile of greerj
Thanks. I had read that, but am impatient and don't know how long that will be. Lol.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Carnie Tarot Elite full deck! (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL