The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scryer's 13 (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1525 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Just got the news from Stevens and looks like the long awaited new book form Richard Webster will be out soon. Scryer's 13 looks like its going to be great.

You can read more about it here
http://www.stevensmagic.com/shop/scryers......er-book/
duanebarry
View Profile
Special user
883 Posts

Profile of duanebarry
Pure goldmine!
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1876 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
Interesting cover
vigi
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of vigi
I strive to be one of the 13! Smile
brehan
View Profile
Special user
holland
632 Posts

Profile of brehan
Think we need a sewing machine with this one!
brehaut
View Profile
Inner circle
kentucky
2529 Posts

Profile of brehaut
Does anyone know if this is a limited edition?
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2193 Posts

Profile of ddyment
Limited editions are generally announced as such, and there is no such mention in the Stevens announcement.
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
Darrell Mac
View Profile
Regular user
126 Posts

Profile of Darrell Mac
I was just able to Get a look at the material inside the new release by Scryer... Boy oh Boy this is the iceing on the cake!
The material given by Jerome Finely has been a closely gaurded secret for so many years and now is being shared to the public in this tome.
All who have contributed, has put their Blood & Soul into this....(no words can describe it) Collection.

Here is a piece from the ad. Please keep in mind that is so much more gold within those pages than is being shared at this moment.

A Peek Inside! A partial small teaser of “some” of the contents in Scryer’s 13!

Scryer’s Gypsy Fortune Telling Machine Reading:

Possibly the easiest reading you could every do, with an exceptionally strong impact. It’s so easy you’ll be able to do it in a few minutes plus you get your information out there -while you are getting paid.

Scryer’s Human Pendulum Invisible Deck:

How’s this for something different? The spectator actually becomes the pendulum!

Scryer’s Signature Duplication:

This is a tribute to Dr. Jaks – a reputation maker for sure. Performer Jon Stetson kills with this and very few of Scryer’s closest friends — until now — have used this technique with great success… Hard to part with, but it’s here…

A Bizzarist Dream Come True:

A foolproof safe “smash and stab” that uses a prop but ends with and extremely strong emotion kicker. No one can get hurt on this – the spectators and performer are actually guided by a “passed spirit.”

Scryer’s Easy Coin Bend:

Like you have NEVER seen before. Expect standing ovations – also only tipped to a few of his closest friends. This is real work, no gimmicks, and a signed and bended coin with their name on it. Completely different the previous coin bend shared in Scryer and Friends.

More Reputation Makers from Scryer “included.” Stay Tuned. Sneak peak below from only four of the chosen “13″ contributors!

Medium Rare – Jerome Finley:

Jerome’s information should probably not have been included, especially as he is only bringing this information to light and giving it a voice for someone else who wishes to remain behind the scenes. A prominent psychic, gifted spiritual healer and clairvoyant medium who he refers to as “Bee.”

Keith Barry – Magical Memories:

This has been played out in front of 30,000 people in Ireland! Killer!

Peter Turner – Getting To Know You:

Absolute masterpiece ….

Richard Webster – How to hypnotize a person with a Pendulum:

Classic Killer Webster…

Please guard this book carefully, as it contains some of the best material in the world of mentalism.
parmenion
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland/Zürich
3993 Posts

Profile of parmenion
Lol, this book is too cheap!
The material include is so good, I'll pay easily $2000 for it!
This book have the best material I've ever seen in 200 years of performance!
If it was a limited edition of 500 books, I would have bought all!
As it's not, I'll don't buy any of them!
Darrell Mac! Hourra! Hourra for you post! Smile
“I love talking about nothing. It is the only thing I know anything about.”
<BR>Oscar Wilde experimentaliste <br>
<BR>Artist pickpocket Professional
<BR>
<BR>Looking for the best book test in French? send me a PM!
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Oklahoma
1523 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
This may be the best Scryer book yet although it should be hard to top the others.
ddyment
View Profile
Inner circle
Gibsons, BC, Canada
2193 Posts

Profile of ddyment
This book is now available for order directly from Richard Webster.
Doug Dyment's Deceptionary :: Elegant, Literate, Contemporary Mentalism ... and More
KPPfeiffer
View Profile
Loyal user
205 Posts

Profile of KPPfeiffer
"Killer" "Absolute Masterpiece""Pure Gold""Reputation Maker""Classic Killer""Rare, rare, rare""Standing ovation" -
My goodness, I would really appreciate a more down to earth description. Thanks.
Marqus
View Profile
Special user
876 Posts

Profile of Marqus
As in the KPPfeiffer above post, I would also appreciate a review as opposed to superlatives.
We all know that Scryer content is always top-notch but it would be helpful to hear others' feelings about some of the offerings to help us who don't have it decide if we crave it or need it.

Don't mean to offend anyone. Just a poor boy looking to spend wisely.

Thanks
TimonK
View Profile
Veteran user
Amsterdam
361 Posts

Profile of TimonK
Good evening folks,

this book has been sent to me a few months ago - being busy studying I've been postponing writing the review until now. Maybe the review can still help some people make a decision on wether the book is for them.

While the former books - Band of Readers & Scryer and Friends - were more of a compilation of lots of colleagues of Neal Scryer, this book features some of the top minds in the field, including Richard Webster, Richard Osterlind, Ted Karmilovich, Peter Turner, Jerome Finley, Docc Hilford, Keith Barry...it's impressive really! What amazed me even more though is that each one of them seems to have contributed something of real value.
There are no "half finished" routines or "B"grade contributions to be found in this book - it is all, and I mean all, A+ stuff.

Having said that, not everyone might like everything included in the book - the material is as diverse as the 13 who wrote it. There's mental magic stuff, there's essays, there's ideas for readers.
Neal Scryer himself contributes a lot himself, too, of course, and as Marqus pointed out: Scryer content is Always top-notch, no exception made here. Most of the power of his contributions hides behind a surface of a simple, innocent looking effect but they're worth performing - their simpleness is probably what makes them killer.

It's hard to clearly define where this book has a place - it's not exclusively for readers (like Band of Readers) nor is it focused purely on the mentalist. If you don't happen to do readings & as well as perform formal shows you probably won't be able to use everything included here.
For me, however, each and every article was worth reading as there is just so much clearly practicle content to be found here.
The line-up for the book truly contains some of the best. Totally worth every second.

Now, this review might not have been devoid of superlatives, but it's how I honestly feel about this book. I hope that helps making a decision easier.

All the best,

Timon
"But overcome space, and all we have left is Here. Overcome time, and all we have left is Now. And in the middle of Here and Now, don't you think that we might see each other once or twice?"
- Richard Bach, 'Jonathan Livingston Seagull'

www.timonkrause.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Scryer's 13 (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.22 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL