The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Walking Liberty Vs. Barber Half (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
MikeTheKid
View Profile
Veteran user
vancouver
329 Posts

Profile of MikeTheKid
I am deciding too ! I have both barber and walking coins

good thing about barber is they are soft and thin, and they are too sticky lol
---------------------------------------------

Magic is a performing art that entertains an audience by creating illusions of seemingly impossible....

www.mikeliumagic.com
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Which do you like best? Personally, were I choosing between these 2, I would go with Barbers, simply because I never cared for the look of WLs.

There are some other considerations - easy of getting matching gaffs, or how thin or soft they may be, but you can do a whole lot of magic with either, so for me, it would just boil down to aesthetic pleasure.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4246 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Which do you like best? Personally, were I choosing between these 2, I would go with Barbers, simply because I never cared for the look of WLs.

There are some other considerations - easy of getting matching gaffs, or how thin or soft they may be, but you can do a whole lot of magic with either, so for me, it would just boil down to aesthetic pleasure.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
bowers
View Profile
Inner circle
Oakboro N.C.
7024 Posts

Profile of bowers
Both coins are beautiful indeed.
But barbers are my favorite.
Todd
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Barbers for me. They are almost all very "soft" coins so in my opinion they are easier and quieter to work, they look a lot like Morgan dollars and they look identical to Barber quarters - other than the size of course. The similarity to Barber quarters and Morgan dollars can make for some interesting shrinking and growing coin effects! Also, the regular (non-gaffed) Barber half dollars are usually less expensive than Walking Liberty half dollars.

All good to me!!

Jim
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
And the Dimes Look the same too! I have a shrinking coin routine That uses that ! Smile
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5338 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Gotta get me one of those, David!!

Thanks!

Jim
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Yea Your Welcome! I think mine was Like $ 6.00 - $ 7.00 Dollars ! And my first handling I posted Here Some time Back ! ( You would have to look for it! Smile )
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
martinlaw89
View Profile
New user
6 Posts

Profile of martinlaw89
I prefer walking liberty because barber half is a little bit too thin for me.
portellamagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of portellamagic
I prefer barber halves. Lucky that the coin dealer near me has tons of "scrap" coins for sale. Barber and walking libery halves morgan and peace dollars. Even sells them a little below melt value.
Nick Portella
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4911 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-09-16 09:36, martinlaw89 wrote:
I prefer walking liberty because barber half is a little bit too thin for me.

And that's why I like barbar's becase that are so thin! Smile Well to each his own!
David Neighbors
the coinjurer
www.daveneighbors.com
pepka
View Profile
Inner circle
Uh, I'm the one on the right.
5041 Posts

Profile of pepka
A Dean's set of Barber's looks absolutely perfect. REALLY tough to tell where the gaff is.
portellamagic
View Profile
New user
63 Posts

Profile of portellamagic
I have had the pleasure of seeing and playing around with a barber dean set. I agree with pepka it is very tough to tell where the gaff is. So much so that if your not careful you may loose it yourself.
Nick Portella
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Trick coin trickery » » Walking Liberty Vs. Barber Half (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL