The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2013 entrée: Peter Turner » » Influence » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Alwow
View Profile
Special user
Los Angeles
548 Posts

Profile of Alwow
I would just like to share the influence Peter (in my eyes, "The Legend") Turner has had on me.

First, I am very much still a novice when it comes to Mentalism. With that being said, I also have a feverish and vampire-like appetite for our art. Smile After hearing about this guy, Peter Turner and the rumors circulating about him. I decided to purchase his penguin lecture. Holy cow was this an enlightening experience! After watching this lecture countless times and reading several of his works. I have seen my presentations & performances evolve.

Even prior to watching his lecture, the reason why I was intrigued by Mentalism is because I wanted to create memorable experiences for my audiences and I to share. While watching his lecture I felt like Peter was practically speaking directly to me! (Weird!!)

I perform on a weekly basis for some new audiences and a couple of "regulars" now. By incorporating the influence of Peter's presentational thinking I have continued to see myself moving in the direction which I got into Mentalism in the first place. This week I performed an effect for someone in which I revealed a memory involving a spectators grandmother. The thing that made this memorable and astonishing for the both of us was I revealed pieces of the memory which she hadn't shared, wrote down and I didn't fish for it! I just took on his bold thinking and followed my own intuition and was able to actually visualize the event which she was thinking of! She was fighting off tears. She hugged & thanked me for a memorable experience. I think it's neither of us will ever forget this experience.

Ultimately, I simply want to thank you Peter for being you and sharing your thinking with us. You have had a direct impact on me. (Now back to watching your lecture... again...)
"Everything I show you is the truth... And the truth is the loveliest of lies"
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1320 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
Hi man,

Thank you!

I'm glad it has had an effect on you in a direct manner! I would also like to thank you massivly for sharing your story.

Keep inspiring!

Pete x
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The July 2013 entrée: Peter Turner » » Influence » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL