The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devin Knight LIVE: Sunday August 4th, @7:00pm Eastern (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
Mark_Chandaue
View Profile
Inner circle
Essex UK
3428 Posts

Profile of Mark_Chandaue
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 18:48, RNK wrote:
I thought you might have grown up by now.

Really?? Have you seen his hair?

Sorry Dan, couldn't resist, I love you man.

Mark
Harpacrown is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk
Ophiuchus is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=ophiuchus
Totally Free Will is available from
http://www.harpacrown.co.uk/?product=totally-free-will
Mindpro
View Profile
Inner circle
9556 Posts

Profile of Mindpro
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 18:48, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 17:30, DanHarlan wrote:
RNK--
Shut up.
There... did that solidify your point?
BTW, I agree with you.
Now, shut up.
By posting in response you are proving my point about proving your point, but if you don't post again... well, then that just proves my point, which is after all, your point. Right?
No response is necessary.
--Harlan


Not really Dan. This is my first and only response to you. Shame that a professional has to speak that way. As I thought more of you but I guess considering your past I should have known better. I thought you might have grown up by now. But in time all things come to light. True colors always seem to surface.

RNK



I guess we can see who's attacking and mudslinging here. I guess yours is the only opinion that matters and you've appointed yourself in charge of this thread. All of this towards Dan and he even agreed with you. Seems like there's a bully amongst us.
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4668 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 19:16, Mindpro wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 18:48, RNK wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 17:30, DanHarlan wrote:
RNK--
Shut up.
There... did that solidify your point?
BTW, I agree with you.
Now, shut up.
By posting in response you are proving my point about proving your point, but if you don't post again... well, then that just proves my point, which is after all, your point. Right?
No response is necessary.
--Harlan


Not really Dan. This is my first and only response to you. Shame that a professional has to speak that way. As I thought more of you but I guess considering your past I should have known better. I thought you might have grown up by now. But in time all things come to light. True colors always seem to surface.

RNK



I guess we can see who's attacking and mudslinging here. I guess yours is the only opinion that matters and you've appointed yourself in charge of this thread. All of this towards Dan and he even agreed with you. Seems like there's a bully amongst us.


Lol, your great Mindpro. Nothing written in my post insinuates anything you wrote.

A bully? Lol. I never told anyone to shut up. Lol. Lol. Gotta love the Café.

RNK
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 16:06, RNK wrote:
Lar has further solidified my point. Thanks Lar!


I'm not sure what 'point' you think I 'solidified' because you've made quite a few 'points' in this thread.

I do think we share the same opinion regarding Devin's lecture insofar as I found the lecture enjoyable and informative.

Beyond that I think we have differing opinions on many things; this isn't a bad thing RNK. Being able to discuss differences of opinion with one another is essential if we want to understand other peoples point of view. Doing so allows us to question and examine our own point of view and become more informed with respect to the matter at hand.

Personally I find that the way you articulate your opinion can sometimes be divisive and confrontational which makes it difficult for me to a conduct a reasonable conversation with you. I hope that can change.

What was the point of your post about 'crickets'? You liked the lecture but noted that the people who weren't Pro-Devin before the lecture had gone quiet. You seemed to suggest that they hadn't made any posts after the lecture because they didn't want to eat 'humble pie' and agree with you that it was a good lecture and that their opinion of Devin was wrong.

To me, the more logical explanation for why they hadn't posted is because they never purchased the lecture and thus had no comment to make.

Best wishes,
Lar
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Just purchased this lecture based on the third promo video! About to watch!

I also just downloaded all the PDF... heck! There really are a ton! haha
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4668 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 20:33, lhookway wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 16:06, RNK wrote:
Lar has further solidified my point. Thanks Lar!


I'm not sure what 'point' you think I 'solidified' because you've made quite a few 'points' in this thread.

I do think we share the same opinion regarding Devin's lecture insofar as I found the lecture enjoyable and informative.

Beyond that I think we have differing opinions on many things; this isn't a bad thing RNK. Being able to discuss differences of opinion with one another is essential if we want to understand other peoples point of view. Doing so allows us to question and examine our own point of view and become more informed with respect to the matter at hand.

Personally I find that the way you articulate your opinion can sometimes be divisive and confrontational which makes it difficult for me to a conduct a reasonable conversation with you. I hope that can change.

What was the point of your post about 'crickets'? You liked the lecture but noted that the people who weren't Pro-Devin before the lecture had gone quiet. You seemed to suggest that they hadn't made any posts after the lecture because they didn't want to eat 'humble pie' and agree with you that it was a good lecture and that their opinion of Devin was wrong.

To me, the more logical explanation for why they hadn't posted is because they never purchased the lecture and thus had no comment to make.

Best wishes,
Lar


I didn't expect you to figure it out Lar. Now. If you go back to the 1st page of the thread and READ it. You will see my initial response TO BATSMAGIC AND SAYSOLD who BOTH said they saw Devin lecture and BOTH said the stuff they did about it. Now- FIRST- that throws your, "To me, the more logical explanation for why they hadn't posted is because they never purchased the lecture and thus had no comment to make." statement out the door. THEY DID see it and I made a response of my differing opinion to theirs!

Second, my initial post was a response of MY opinion which you encourage from what you stated previously- "Beyond that I think we have differing opinions on many things; this isn't a bad thing RNK. Being able to discuss differences of opinion with one another is essential if we want to understand other peoples point of view. Doing so allows us to question and examine our own point of view and become more informed with respect to the matter at hand." statement." So me replying to SAYSOLD and BATSMAGIC's statements of MY differing opinion in that I enjoyed the lecture and got a lot out of it- WHICH is what some are now posting AFTER seeing it is troubling and hard for you to understand? Look at my initial post- I said nothing mean or derogatory- just stated MY differing opinion!

I suggest you read the posts (ALL of them) before making a false statement as you did.

As for my tone- those that know me understand that I am not that way- I simply have had it with people making nonsense posts when someone else makes a statement they don't agree with (which is ones own opinion which is something you encourage) and like many others are now understanding why they don't post on the café anymore.

RNK
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
945 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
I couldn't agree more.
--Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
MovieMan
View Profile
Special user
569 Posts

Profile of MovieMan
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 17:11, Mark_Chandaue wrote:
Is it possible to get a list of the pdf's?

Mark

Around The Square
AutoBend Silverware
Super Deluxe Baby-Gag Routine
Blindsight
Chess Gambit
Clip Line Extraordinaire
Dumbfounded
Far Sight
A KNIGHT OF MAGIC - Devin Knight’s 2009-2010 Lecture Tour Notes
Tarot Sight

Descriptions here:

http://www.lybrary.com/devin-knight-m-86331.html
MagicBrent
View Profile
Inner circle
2150 Posts

Profile of MagicBrent
I for one am THROUGHLY satisfied...Devon was short, to the point and extremely generous...material was commercial and usable.
Lar
View Profile
Veteran user
New Port Richey, FL
318 Posts

Profile of Lar
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 21:05, RNK wrote:
I didn't expect you to figure it out Lar. Now. If you go back to the 1st page of the thread and READ it. You will see my initial response TO BATSMAGIC AND SAYSOLD who BOTH said they saw Devin lecture and BOTH said the stuff they did about it. Now- FIRST- that throws your, "To me, the more logical explanation for why they hadn't posted is because they never purchased the lecture and thus had no comment to make." statement out the door. THEY DID see it and I made a response of my differing opinion to theirs!


It was my understanding that the lectures BatsMagic and Saysold attended were live lectures. BatsMagic saw Devin's lecture a year ago.

When I said...

"To me, the more logical explanation for why they hadn't posted is because they never purchased the lecture and thus had no comment to make."

...I am clearly referring to Devin's Penguin Live Lecture which is after all the topic of this thread.

BatsMagic and Saysold may have seen Devin's live lecture but I don't think either of them (given their stated viewpoints) purchased Devin's Penguin Live Lecture.

Let me rephrase that statement so that there is no misunderstanding.

"To me, the more logical explanation for why POSTERS WHO HAD AN UNFAVORABLE RESPONSE TO DEVIN'S LECTURES hadn't posted SINCE THE PENGUIN LIVE LECTURE is because they never purchased the PENGUIN LIVE LECTURE and thus had no comment to make concerning THE PENGUIN LIVE LECTURE.

Hopefully that is pretty clear.

Quote:
On 2013-08-05 21:05, RNK wrote:
Second, my initial post was a response of MY opinion which you encourage from what you stated previously- "Beyond that I think we have differing opinions on many things; this isn't a bad thing RNK. Being able to discuss differences of opinion with one another is essential if we want to understand other peoples point of view. Doing so allows us to question and examine our own point of view and become more informed with respect to the matter at hand." statement." So me replying to SAYSOLD and BATSMAGIC's statements of MY differing opinion in that I enjoyed the lecture and got a lot out of it- WHICH is what some are now posting AFTER seeing it is troubling and hard for you to understand? Look at my initial post- I said nothing mean or derogatory- just stated MY differing opinion!


Your initial posts at the beginning of this thread in response to people who did not like Devin's PREVIOUS lectures as much as you did does not trouble me. Nor do I find your posts hard understand.

Your post AFTER THE PENGUIN LIVE LECTURE about 'crickets' and your post berating Mindpro are the posts I took exception to for the reasons I have already stated.

Quote:
On 2013-08-05 21:05, RNK wrote:
I suggest you read the posts (ALL of them) before making a false statement as you did.


I do not know what 'false statement' are you referring to?

Quote:
On 2013-08-05 21:05, RNK wrote:
As for my tone- those that know me understand that I am not that way- I simply have had it with people making nonsense posts when someone else makes a statement they don't agree with (which is ones own opinion which is something you encourage) and like many others are now understanding why they don't post on the café anymore.


What 'tone' you use to voice your opinions is up to you. I only know you from your posts and your frustration is all too evident. To me it makes your posts seem angry and overly confrontational SOMETIMES. Not all the time ... SOMETIMES.

Regards,
Lar.
saysold1
View Profile
Eternal Order
Recovering Cafe addict with only
10485 Posts

Profile of saysold1
Well anyway...

I didn't watch the Penguin lecture and I don't have the season pass so I can only go by the reactions of those who watched it.

My initial post on the first page was based on Devin's live lecture in Phoenux performed here a few years ago for the local SAM members. We have been fortunate like many other SAM groups to see a large contingent of performers lecture here.

Sometimes they rock, sometimes not. I know others who say Devin's show also felt that lecture was a bit tired.

If his Penguin lecture was superb than more power to him.

Personally I have only owned a few of Devin's effects so I've never been a fan but I do respect Devin as a creative thinker and creator. I said that before didn't I?

My own silence was as Lawrence said - I really have no biz posting anymore since I didn't watch Sunday's lecture.

I wish Devin the best and again I liked seeing him around here on the Café - hope he returns.
Creator of The SvenPad Supreme- "One of the most versatile and well made utility devices I have ever used. Highly recommended." Bob Cassidy www.SvenPads.com
DanHarlan
View Profile
V.I.P.
Ohio
945 Posts

Profile of DanHarlan
Just popped in to apologize to RNK for my earlier post. I was a bit tired and I got caught up in the excitement/nonsense and couldn't help but do a little plate-spinning myself. Rest assured, it was intended to be ironic, but (now that I've rested a bit) I realize how spot on I was. As my friends at the pub say, "I was just taking the p***." I truly meant no disrespect. Please disregard my pointless, off-topic posts (like this one)... they are not meant to be chopped up and thrown on the fire.
--Harlan
Visit My Site @

www.danharlanmagic.com
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
Dan,

I don’t think that you owe any apologies for posts in this thread; yours were rather non-inflammatory and kinda funny.

Though I do believe that an apology IS owed to you. That's all I'll say on the matter.

Jim
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Just finished the lecture. Here are my thoughts.

Honestly, when I first saw Devin was coming to do a penguin live, my first thought was "How in the world could anyone pay to watch Devin for 3 hours..." From seeing his demos, he seemed so boring and didn't seem very passionate about his work. That said, I found the description of the auto bend silverware intriguing so I went to lybrary and purchased the $8.00 manuscript detailing how to make it. I have to say, I loved it. The next day I went out, bought all of the necessary materials ($4 for everything) and immediately started playing with it and I really liked it.

Then I saw a couple of satisfied reviews on here and some of the other effects sounded interesting so after much debate, I decided that I would dismiss my thoughts about Devin and purchase the lecture.

I'm SOOO glad I took the plunge. Devin's lecture was packed full of real-world, workable material. All of it was extremely well thought out and the routines continued to fool me. I honestly think I was fooled by 75% of the routines he showed. That excited me. Not only was the material fantastic, but Devin was not boring at all, and extremely exited to share his material. I didn't find it boring at all. In fact, I found myself hanging onto his every word throughout the lecture. SURE, his performing style is a little slow paced and relaxed which is the complete opposite of mine, but he still did everything really well. Not to mention the fact that he just KEPT giving out PDFs. Almost every effect had a PDF to go with it which is just AWESOME. I also really liked Devin's teaching style. He was very to the point and didn't spend forever and a day explaining the obvious (which meant he got to teach a LOT more magic in 3 hours time than some other lecturers.) I even learned how to solve a slight problem that I was having with auto bend silverware. I will go in depth on the effects tomorrow when I go back and watch again. I do have do commend Dan Harlan for the great job he is doing with the lectures. I hope he continues to be the one hosting because he is by far the best one. He provides some funny moments, and some serious insight that is always helpful, and never rambling. I digress. Moral of the story: I'm super glad that I purchased this for $30. All of the effects had to add up to over $500 worth if you bought them individually. I learned a lot of effects that I want to start using ASAP. They are all extremely practical and very very VERY clever. There were also very few fillers. Once again, I loved it.
illusions & reality
View Profile
Special user
Saskatoon, SK, CANADA
830 Posts

Profile of illusions & reality
I purchased this lecture and was very pleased. Great value. And yes, I discovered that the pdfs were included as well, even after purchasing the lecture after the live event.

I have to agree that Dan Harlan does a great job emceeing.

Lou
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4668 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 00:22, DanHarlan wrote:
Just popped in to apologize to RNK for my earlier post. I was a bit tired and I got caught up in the excitement/nonsense and couldn't help but do a little plate-spinning myself. Rest assured, it was intended to be ironic, but (now that I've rested a bit) I realize how spot on I was. As my friends at the pub say, "I was just taking the p***." I truly meant no disrespect. Please disregard my pointless, off-topic posts (like this one)... they are not meant to be chopped up and thrown on the fire.
--Harlan


Thanks- apology accepted. Life is to short to hold grudges. Much appreciated!

Jim- I guess I should expect you felt that way after I sent you a personal routine for the Shiva Wallet you asked me to share with you because you were having a tough time figuring out routines for the wallet- I do- and whether you liked it or not- you never replied anything. Not even- "hey- thanks for sharing but your routine is not my style" or even "hey- I liked it- thanks for sharing". So manners must not be your strong point. No matter if I like or don't like when someone shares something with me- I make it a point to thank them for there kindness. We live and learn in this world.....

RNK
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I wasn't able to watch Devin's lecture live but I am purchasing the download so I can still see it.

I only have a couple of Devin's ebooks. One is about stopping a running car, which is not his best work! I was pretty sure I knew the method but the ebook was very inexpensive so I bought it just to see. It was nothing surprising as I had expected. But it was still an example of Devin's work that I do appreciate more than anything else - he writes his effects and routines down in ebook format!

In a time when many magic creators take the easy route and release one-trick DVDs that are too often filled with worthless filler material, some still take the time to write out their routines in extreme detail. It is certainly more difficult and time consuming to create books and ebooks, but in my opinion it is much better to have it all written out. There is almost always one or more performance videos available somewhere so you can see the routine in action, but having the details written out is pure gold in my opinion.

Thanks!

Jim
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5294 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
RNK,

Wow! And you don't seem to understand why some members here say that you tend to overreact and post in an overly arrogant way. You really need to read those posts more carefully and see if there is anything positive you can take from them instead of just reacting like this post.

Yes, you did send me the routine and I do appreciate it. That was just a few days ago and I haven't had the time to work through it yet, but I do thank you for sending it.

I feel that my manners are just fine. Smile But you really need to take a little time to think before you post these reactions. I don't believe that you are doing yourself any justice... You're better than that!

Thank you.

Jim
RNK
View Profile
Inner circle
4668 Posts

Profile of RNK
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 09:27, J-Mac wrote:
RNK,

Wow! And you don't seem to understand why some members here say that you tend to overreact and post in an overly arrogant way. You really need to read those posts more carefully and see if there is anything positive you can take from them instead of just reacting like this post.

Yes, you did send me the routine and I do appreciate it. That was just a few days ago and I haven't had the time to work through it yet, but I do thank you for sending it.

I feel that my manners are just fine. Smile But you really need to take a little time to think before you post these reactions. I don't believe that you are doing yourself any justice... You're better than that!

Thank you.

Jim



You post was clear and easily understood Jim. I don't need to prove anything to anybody nor does anybody else here need to prove themselves to people- this is a computer forum meant for sharing thoughts and ideas. We are all the same. Tell me how I misinterpreted your post?
jlibby
View Profile
Inner circle
1022 Posts

Profile of jlibby
Yes indeed, Dan. You did a great job as emcee; that's not an easy job and good emcee rarely gets the credit he or she deserves. Smile

I'm sorry that some here were less than satisfied with Devin's lectures in the past. But I can't help feeling there was an attempt by some to scare us away from the Penguin lecture, not just advise us about it. That's all I intend to say about that.

Joe L.

Quote:
On 2013-08-06 03:59, illusions & reality wrote:
I purchased this lecture and was very pleased. Great value. And yes, I discovered that the pdfs were included as well, even after purchasing the lecture after the live event.

I have to agree that Dan Harlan does a great job emceeing.

Lou
International Motivational Speaker & Entertainer; Helps you get ROCK-STAR RESULTS for your event!

For your gifts and free trainings, visit:
https://JoeLibbySeminars.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Devin Knight LIVE: Sunday August 4th, @7:00pm Eastern (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10~11 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2019 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.24 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL