The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » He's Not Here - The Forgotten - A chilling Sequel (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
After the success of He's Not Here comes this alternate tale. Whilst this is in keeping with the feel of He's Not Here, this is a self contained performance piece in the sense that, the newspaper article tells the whole story for you if you wish to focus on performance more so. The Torce tear force can be used with this effect or even with business cards. The props look organic and unassuming. Whilst there is a switch involved in this effect, it has been designed to happen on an offbeat and early in the effect so it is always forgotten about. The photo the begin tearing is the photo they end with. No switches take place once the photo is in their hands! You also have 2 revelations. First, the revelation of the killer and then the end chilling moment in which they discover the faces of the rest of the family are scratched out.

Here is the official information...

"I’ve been here before. Walked this lane. Stood on each and every one of these cobbles. I’ve drifted past this church nearly every day of my life without knowing what I know now. How can these events just be forgotten? And all that’s left is a locket and this old photo. Perhaps it is a good thing I can’t see the horror in their eyes. Perhaps these faceless strangers still walk with me, everyday, telling me their tale in their own way. To me, they will always be The Forgotten".

EFFECT: Who knows why it happened? One of the most disturbing stories of our generation and most probably, many generations to come.

It is funny how we are drawn to those awful stories. We let them affect us in a way that they shouldn’t.

The magician takes out an old cardboard photo holder. There is something clipped to it - a folded newspaper article. The storyteller sets this on the table and opens up the photo holder. Inside is an old wedding photo. One gentleman, one lady and two adorable twin sisters sit poised for a celebratory photo.

This story will affect you most of all. Without you even realising it, this will mess with your imagination. You won't quite be the same again. Please, take the photo and hold it face down so that none of us can see the faces of those in it. I want you to imagine you are there, taking this image. Are you viewing it from a landscape or portrait position. Take in every detail of the place this is taken.

The spectator decides whether to hold the image in a landscape or portrait position. As she holds it face down, she is instructed to tear the image.

Please, help erase this image from your mind. Please begin tearing down the image.

When the spectator gets about half way, she is instructed to stop.

Wait! Something isn’t right. They knew something wasn’t right. You see three of these people were murdered. To this day, no one knows how. The police and local towns people searched for the murderer but never found him. Please, turn the image either 90 degrees clockwise or 90 degrees anti-clockwise and continue tearing.

The spectator turns the photo 90 degrees in either direction and continues tearing which detaches an unseen corner of the image.

The murderer was called Morgan Madison, the newly wed husband. His family were found 2 months after this photo was taken. The police arrived shortly after it had happened. The wife was still conscious at the time and managed to let the police know it was her husbands doing. By the early evening, more than 200 local people turned up to help hunt Morgan Madison down.

I knew you would be affected by this story. Out of all of those involved in the image, look who you tore out...

The spectator turns the randomly torn corner over to show Morgan Madison staring back at her!

The strange part of this story is not yet over. The photo album they found had every face scratched out besides his own. Even though Madison was named by his wife and although his voice was heard echoing the halls of the church in which his family were found, police discovered it could not have been Morgan. They discovered he had passed away from a freak accident over a month before the murders.

For years after, locals had photos in their houses being scratched and torn up. However, there was never anyone to admit blame. Eventually the story became an unspoken myth and those in it became, The Forgotten.

The remaining three quarters of the photo is turned over and the three family members are seen to have their faces scratched out.

KEY POINTS: The photo they tear is the same photo they end with. Once that photo is in their hands, you never touch it or switch anything.

Utilizes the ‘Torce’ tear force which enables a free feeling force of a certain section of the photo. Completely hands off. Works every time and is totally baffling to the spectator!

Multiple revelations included. From a newspaper clipping to photos of the locket.

Of course this can be played in many different ways and this end revelation can be used in conjunction with the original He's Not Here photo!

http://www.jamiedaws.co.uk/Shop_TheForgotten.html

Jamie Daws
TORCE - VMRS - DARK SERIES
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
When do you expect this to be released, I want one. I use Hes not Here all the time.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Yes also loving this one Jamie ! So I'll be standing in line behind George waiting for the release Smile Went to your site, did not know about "He's not Here", wow great story / picture effect ! Will have to order both when this "The Forgotten" becomes available,........est release date ?

PS - think this/these also need to be advertised in the spooky section were we gather in a darker corner of magic & appreciate these kinds of effects....LoL Smile
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Am also looking forward to the re release of Scream ( & any news updates on it Smile ) ! These all look to be awesome pic effects !! Hey Jamie, maybe a short time package deal for He's Not Here & The Forgotten when you release Forgotten....Smile
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Cant wait
close_up_act
View Profile
Special user
Idaho Falls
774 Posts

Profile of close_up_act
Does anyone have this???

Junior Smile
J Rodriguez
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Not yet but I have my eye for release.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Anyone know of a reléase date for Scream ?
JAlenS
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
1528 Posts

Profile of JAlenS
This sounds great. Keeping my eye out for thr re-release of scream also.
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
George SHHHHHH I have my eye on it I don't want it to sell out before I get my hands on one...
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Don't blame you, my sort of thing.
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Hey guys!

A quick update on The Forgotten as well as the He's Not Here collection!

Firstly, The Forgotten is nearly here! Im trying to get some sort of demo going for it which will aid the learning of the effect! The PDF will come with several reveal options as well as the photos needed for the effect itself! Im expecting it to be ready for pre-order within the next week!

An option for collective buying of both He's Not Here and The Forgotten will of course be given!

An update on He's Not Here! I have a couple of new adjustments! Including a more eerie photo which is slightly different and helps with the discrepancy as well as the name reveal! This photo will be available to those who have previously purchased the effect!

I would like to also let you know of the soon coming printed editions! You will be able to soon get hold of the printed booklets and photo packs as a whole project including information and printed photos for The Burial! More information coming on this in the coming weeks!

I would also like to offer a few people to have a sneak peek at what is in store with The Forgotten! I have shot a short explanation video for some friends and would love to offer some of you guys the chance to check it out! Ill send the first 5 people who send me a PM will get the sneak preview video for review as well as the PDF and photo packs for the effect! As long as you are willing to share your honest thoughts with everyone, then shoot me a PM!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
paisa23@gmail.com also for previous owners of Hes not here how much will the printed booklets be? You seriously are bring my type of errie and I'm loving it. Hopefully my pm got to you in time cell phone was freezing on me.....
Merlinsmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Daly City, CA
1606 Posts

Profile of Merlinsmagic
Ok, as 1 of the 5 I received the sneak-peek vid - a pre review of the Forgotten; The advert of this effect as Jamie wrote -

"This is a self contained performance piece in the sense that, the newspaper article tells the whole story for you if you wish to focus on performance more so. The Torce tear force can be used with this effect or even with business cards. The props look organic and unassuming. Whilst there is a switch involved in this effect, it has been designed to happen on an offbeat and early in the effect so it is always forgotten about. The photo they begin tearing is the photo they end with. No switches take place once the photo is in their hands! You also have 2 revelations. First, the revelation of the killer and then the end chilling moment in which they discover the faces of the rest of the family are scratched out."

I watched the vid & found it to be a simple & well taught explanation of his effect (I almost felt I was sitting at the table in front of him chatting as he described his effect to me....LoL). Jamies advert write up above on his effect is spot on ! I love the fact that should you forget the story line,the newspaper article gives it all to you allowing you to really focus on the effect.

It does have a very simple & organic look as you present it to spectators & the offbeat switch happening early on is great as the earlier you can do this in any effect most spectators will not catch. This allows you to move on to when the effect ends, the photo's in they're hand for a long enough time after the funny work is done & they have had "control" of the photo & tearing of it, that the double reveal will be a real 1-2 punch !!

I have a couple of questions & thinking of a few dif ideas on a couple things (personal thoughts) that I will PM chat / ask Jamie about before I make any further review comments Smile

All in all I really am loving the structure of this effect & can not wait for it to become available & to have in hand for a test run !
Keep up the great work Jamie, looking forward to the continuing "He's not here" collection & "Scream" also !!

PS - would like to add that Jamies follow up of the description of the whole effect in his 1st post is exactly as he says it is Smile
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Merlin, thank you for the review! I really hope as soon as the props hit down, you'll be getting some awesome reactions!

Im pleased to announce that it is up for Pre-Order! During the pre-order period, Free World Wide shipping is given!

Also, there is a collection option. Buy both effects and save! Both options on the sale page!

Release expected in the coming week!

http://jamiedaws.co.uk/Shop_TheForgotten.html

Remember, any questions can be asked here or in PM!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
I too was lucky to be one of the five to view the video. First and foremost let me say that I am a big fan of the creepy, chilling and even numb reactions to to scary effects. These is one of those effects that packs small and has the potential to play very big. Now I will say this, if you are not use to telling a tale or trying to bring people into your imagination with your words then you might not get the SAME results as those who do. While watching this video I pictured people like Eugene Burger, Vincent Price, Rod Sterling maybe even Guellermo Del Toro Telling this tale as the effect was taken place. For me I'm looking for a silent, hair raising, chilling reaction out of my spectators after the revelations for this effect.

What Jamie has done here is provide you with some very casual and beleivable props that will allow you to get that reaction and with Halloween around the corner I can see having a lot of fun with this effect AS well as "He's not there" The photos look great from the video and if the quality is anything like the previous effect in the serious, ill say that the photos alone will creep you out just by holding them. The switch and the moment that it get accomplished is very subtle and effective because it happens right under their noses. Im sure that if he did it in the video before explaining it, it would have fooled at least 3 out of the 5 who got to view this video. The force and tearing of the photo is something that I WILL need to work on, not as to the steps but as to me trying to make it feel as freely and non chalant as possible. But the tear is explained in detail with every out possible so you can get the tear done right no matter what. Only issue I saw there is me being left handed, I tend to tear opposite of most and might reveal something that is not meant to be seen yet.

The story itself is pretty much being told for you with the newspaper clipping. So all you have to do is beat it in their mind as you wish. I LOVE EFFECTS LIKE THAT! Being military, I cannot sit down with people and pretend to be this Creepy mystical stranger. However if the tale is being read out loud that for me is a lot easier to sell and a "WOW CHECK THIS OUT, HOW CREEPY IS THIS!!!"

The Revelations are incredibly sweet and head tilting awe. The first revelation is almost expected becasue of how the tale is being told or the subject for that matter so I expect most to be shocked that their mind got to the first revelation a split second before they see it.

However the second revelation is the nail in the coffin(IN MY BOOK) Revealing the photo in the end with the scratches after its been in their hand for viewing prior and "IN THEIR LINE OF SIGHT" the entire time will melt their brains. (AGAIN PENDING THAT YOU CAN TELL THE TALE!) I don't see young magicians being able to tell or do this effect the way us older guys can. that's only cause age to me inspires wisdom so if someone who has been around longer then me on this earth has a tale to tell, I listen carefully and let myself get involved in his mind. I already see my spectators grabbing the pictures and trying to scratch them or apply heat to them and then just looking up at me...

I am excited for this effect, not because its effect of the year or even because its got killer chops, but because its creepy, scary and very well made in props and practicality.

Good job Jamie, pre-order is on its way and your last two effects have been my ONLY pre-orders since at least 2009.... Kudos mate and please keep me updated on more horror from your sick head.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
I too was one of the fortunate 5 to get a copy to review. Due to work commitments I have only just watched it, and as the two previous reviews have covered it nicely I wont go over these points again, but I will say that I am in agreement with everything they said. I think this will play perfectly alongside Hes Not There, and any effect using potos will play well with this. I can think of 2 or 3 that I plan to use in a routine based on potos.
The video covered everything you need to know and everything was clearly explained. I like the fact that the newspaper clipping is used not only in the effect but tells the story.
I use Hes Not There all the time and this will complement it perfectly, I think you will love it and as already said its suitably creepy.
anevard
View Profile
New user
Montreal, QC, Canada
42 Posts

Profile of anevard
Jamie, is there a way to get the package deal even if we already have He's Not Here.? Also, how do we go about getting the scenario and photo updates you mentioned?

Loving this, can't wait for Halloween.

Andrew
JamieD
View Profile
Inner circle
London
1800 Posts

Profile of JamieD
Guys thanks for the awesome reviews! Im sure those who have He's Not Here will love this! The Torce will take a couple of goes to get perfectly but once down, you'll be using it non stop!

The Collection is simply He's Not Here and The Forgotten. So those who have already purchased He's Not Here need not worry about The Collection as they already have the first one!

Any updates including new photos will be sent free to all who have already purchased! Ill send them out automatically via email when they are ready!

As always, any other questions can be emailed to forgotten@jamiedaws.co.uk or pm'd here!

Jamie Daws
www.JAMIEDAWS.CO.UK
paisa23
View Profile
Inner circle
7293 Posts

Profile of paisa23
Thank you Jamie and I cant wait to see whats next!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » He's Not Here - The Forgotten - A chilling Sequel (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL