The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Can I burn out a CDR-CD? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Over the past several months I have been saving information to my CDR a little at a time but now I can not access the CD in any way shape or form at home or at work. Did I burn it out?

Thanks,
Shawn
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
Depends how you have been saving the data to it. f you are transferring it from a CD writer, and trying to read it using a standard CD-Rom Drive then you will need to close off the CD before it can be read. You should still be able to access the CD using the machine that you used to burn it....I hope that made some sense, if not, just PM me and I wills ee if I can explain further,

Regards,

Chris
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
Hi Chris,

The problem is that I can not read it through the writer NOR can I write to it or close the CD.

Any thoughts?
A direct from text adaptation : The Strange Case Of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde Starring Mickey Rooney in his final role.
Al Kazam the Magic Man
View Profile
Inner circle
Living in Perth Western Australia
1042 Posts

Profile of Al Kazam the Magic Man
Hi there,
Are you refering to a CDR-W disk that you've been using to save stuff on? I've had one CDR unit in my computer breakdown before, just like all things in computers eventually break down. I've also had big trouble with some kinds of disks I've bought for recording on. I now only buy the sky blue kind as it seems that they are easy for all CD ROms to read.
JoJo
Magic guy in Perth Australia
x-treem
View Profile
Inner circle
1133 Posts

Profile of x-treem
The unit works fine, I have used it since this dang CD stopped working, It is just the Writeable CD that I can no longer write to or access in anyway, it is not closed and does not read in the CDR unit at home or work.

Thanks for the info JoJo

Shawn
ChrisZampese
View Profile
Veteran user
Hamilton, NZ
341 Posts

Profile of ChrisZampese
I don't know if this will help, I have not used it myself, but hear it can help extract info from a CD when normal methods don't work

ISOBuster
The most beautiful experience we can have is the mysterious. It is the fundamental emotion which stands at the cradle of true art and true science. Whoever does not know it and can no longer wonder, no longer marvel, is as good as dead, and his eyes are
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Can I burn out a CDR-CD? (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL