We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oh come ON now! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/ju......ine-data

A tad bit more than perusing phone records.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Having given this some thought. Don't you believe that Microsoft could do all of these things for a long time now?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-01 13:49, acesover wrote:
Having given this some thought. Don't you believe that Microsoft could do all of these things for a long time now?


Yes, but Microsoft can't lock you up just because they disagree with your web activity.
I'm actually all for your ISP being able to monitor the activity done on the services they are providing, and also for them to restrict, or shut down, said services if they don't want you using their service for certain things; child pron, "illegal" downloads, etc.

BIG difference between that and the government spying on you, and the actions they will take.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Aces likes to mix his apples with his oranges.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-01 14:14, Al Angello wrote:
Aces likes to mix his apples with his oranges.


:D
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
ShirtlessKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of ShirtlessKirk
I'm done with the US. Time to find a new country.
Herr Brian Tabor
View Profile
Special user
West Virginia
729 Posts

Profile of Herr Brian Tabor
You all do realize that this has been going on since the 70's and earlier, and now the only thing that's changed is that they don't have to hide it? Besides, I don't see what the big deal is. There's not some old guy reading all your facebook posts to spy on you. They are after bigger fish. They don't care if you're looking at pron, or you're yelling that they're corrupt. They are after terrorist types, national security and what not. Read up on how they found the Boston bomber so fast. THAT's the kinda stuff they do. You're kidding yourself if you really think they even have the manpower, let alone have the desire, to spy on what you do.
ShirtlessKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of ShirtlessKirk
Privacy is more important in many cases than security.
ShirtlessKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of ShirtlessKirk
Quote:
On 2013-08-01 16:04, Herr Brian Tabor wrote:
You all do realize that this has been going on since the 70's and earlier, and now the only thing that's changed is that they don't have to hide it? Besides, I don't see what the big deal is. There's not some old guy reading all your facebook posts to spy on you. They are after bigger fish. They don't care if you're looking at pron, or you're yelling that they're corrupt. They are after terrorist types, national security and what not. Read up on how they found the Boston bomber so fast. THAT's the kinda stuff they do. You're kidding yourself if you really think they even have the manpower, let alone have the desire, to spy on what you do.






Your facebook posts can lead to termination in my workplace. Don't tell me the government doesn't look at your facebook posts.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
230 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-08-01 16:04, Herr Brian Tabor wrote:

You all do realize that this has been going on since the 70's and earlier, and now the only thing that's changed is that they don't have to hide it? Besides, I don't see what the big deal is. There's not some old guy reading all your facebook posts to spy on you. They are after bigger fish. They don't care if you're looking at pron, or you're yelling that they're corrupt. They are after terrorist types, national security and what not. Read up on how they found the Boston bomber so fast. THAT's the kinda stuff they do. You're kidding yourself if you really think they even have the manpower, let alone have the desire, to spy on what you do.

Monitoring 'nearly everything a user does on the internet' has been going on since the 70's and earlier? Really?
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Back in the 1960's we all spoke in code over the phone because Richard Nixon, and J. Edgar Hoover was tapping everybody's phone.

We thought
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
The Obama administration has released documents on its phone-snooping, as a Senate panel questions intelligence officials about the programme.

The declassification was made in the "interest of increased transparency", intelligence officials said.

All documents have been redacted for security reasons

:)
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-01 16:45, Al Angello wrote:
Back in the 1960's we all spoke in code over the phone because Richard Nixon, and J. Edgar Hoover was tapping everybody's phone.

We thought


Lol, just Watergate (and the oval office too, didn't he?) and he got impeached. Wiretap the whole country (actually, the whole world apparently, as they are "allowed" to spy on non americans with even less restriction) and just keep doing what you're doing.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-08-01 15:33, ShirtlessKirk wrote:
I'm done with the US. Time to find a new country.


Good bye. Don't let freedom hit you in the rear on the way out.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-08-01 14:14, Al Angello wrote:
Aces likes to mix his apples with his oranges.


The whole point being is that this kind of information gathering has been going on for a long, long time. Not just by the government. The government should be the least of your worries.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
LOL
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-08-01 17:16, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-01 14:14, Al Angello wrote:
Aces likes to mix his apples with his oranges.


The whole point being is that this kind of information gathering has been going on for a long, long time. Not just by the government. The government should be the least of your worries. Just wait until they make this information available to your friends and the not so friendly.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16276 Posts

Profile of tommy
Quote:
On 2013-08-01 17:17, tommy wrote:
LOL
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Acesover
That is a excellent point. Does this mean that our government is going to release my wife's shopping list to everybody in the whole world? LOL

Tommy
Would you wake me up when this thread gets interesting.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4469 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-08-01 16:48, tommy wrote:
The Obama administration has released documents on its phone-snooping, as a Senate panel questions intelligence officials about the programme.

The declassification was made in the "interest of increased transparency", intelligence officials said.

All documents have been redacted for security reasons

:)


You got to love the irony of that last part!!!!!! Smile Smile
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oh come ON now! (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.16 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL