The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oh come ON now! (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-02 10:23, acesover wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-02 09:10, gdw wrote:
And are you really trotting out the "love it or leave it?"

If you are referring to me the answer is no.

I am one who believes that if you really want something then go after it. It will not come to you. If he wants to go then he should leave and stop fantasizing about it, and just do it. Otherwise he will only torture himself for not having done it and question himself and never realy know.

Some people just like to hear themselves talk and spout what they hear as the absolute truth without really knowing or having experienced what they are talking about. These people are wishful thinkers and nothing more. They are not doers nor will they ever be. Coulda, woulda, shoulda applies to these people.

That is what I am trotting out.

That I can get behind.

There are plenty who don't like it, who ARE doing things. As for "leaving" though, it's not as simple as just "leaving."
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Gdw
It is good to see that you have taken over the babysitting duties. Cary on.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-08-02 10:30, gdw wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

I am one who believes that if you really want something then go after it. It will not come to you. If he wants to go then he should leave and stop fantasizing about it, and just do it. Otherwise he will only torture himself for not having done it and question himself and never realy know.

Some people just like to hear themselves talk and spout what they hear as the absolute truth without really knowing or having experienced what they are talking about. These people are wishful thinkers and nothing more. They are not doers nor will they ever be. Coulda, woulda, shoulda applies to these people.

That I can get behind.

There are plenty who don't like it, who ARE doing things. As for "leaving" though, it's not as simple as just "leaving."

Of course, nothing is simple that is worth doing. How bad does he want to go or is he just talking? That is why some people are successful and some are not. There are many who keep saying if, if, if. If I were a doctor or if I owned a business or if...well you get the picture. But ask them what have they done to try and accomplish any of these goals. Usually nothing because they are sitting back and saying if. Those who choose to take the simple way out and just sit back and do nothing don't fair that well unless they win the lottery. Those who have a goal and persue it are usually more successful. But sittinig back and complaining and saying if is not going to get it done. But IF you win the lottery, there you go.

By the way once he gets to NZ he has to get a job set his alarm and get up and go to work. Does that sound familiar? Now if he were a doctor or owned a business or...here we go again. Time to find another country. Of course he can get drunk in public and it is OK. So if that works.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-02 10:32, Al Angello wrote:
Gdw

Lol. Though I'm sure many still see the reverse.

acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-08-02 10:32, Al Angello wrote:
Gdw

Would you believe that Al once accused me of stalking him on the internet? That is what happens when one to many of those bowling pins hit you in the head when juggling.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-02 10:54, acesover wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That I can get behind.

Of course, nothing is simple that is worth doing. How bad does he want to go or is he just talking? That is why some people are successful and some are not. There are many who keep saying if, if, if. If I were a doctor or if I owned a business or if...well you get the picture. But ask them what have they done to try and accomplish any of these goals. Usually nothing because they are sitting back and saying if. Those who choose to take the simple way out and just sit back and do nothing don't fair that well unless they win the lottery. Those who have a goal and persue it are usually more successful. But sittinig back and complaining and saying if is not going to get it done. But IF you win the lottery, there you go.

By the way once he gets to NZ he has to get a job set his alarm and get up and go to work. Does that sound familiar? Now if he were a doctor or owned a business or...here we go again. Time to find another country. Of course he can get drunk in public and it is OK. So if that works.

That wasn't even the kind of difficulty I was referring to. You need permission first to actually fully "leave" america.

ShirtlessKirk
View Profile
Loyal user
236 Posts

Profile of ShirtlessKirk
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That I can get behind.

I currently set my alarm and go to work as it is. No it wouldn't be much different elsewhere but I would prefer to live somewhere that I can agree with those in charge more. I have no faith in the current system or the people running it. I don't belong in this country as it's values are seemingly not my own. There was a time that America would have been the freest country in the world but it seems that is no longer the case.
I'm not so sure people in this country as a majority want to be free. If it were so they wouldn't continuously elect people so determined to take away their freedoms.
I'm sure many people are perfectly happy with an incompetent government who spies on its people. Most people in this country are also complete idiots willing to give away their freedoms to whomever promises them the most security.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-08-02 11:06, gdw wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

That I can get behind.

That wasn't even the kind of difficulty I was referring to. You need permission first to actually fully "leave" america.

You may be right. But could you explain what you mean to fully leave America? Is it just as hard to leave Canada?
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Not just as, but Canada also demands taxes from Canadians who love in other countries.
America and North Korea are, I believe, the only other countries which claim ownership of you even if you live and work in another country.
You need their permission to leave, and get rid of your citizenship, and they will still demand money from you at that point, either "taxing" your own property, otherwise known as holding your belongings for ransom when done by anyone else.
Even after you leave, even if they've given you "permission," there are still several ways in which they will try and extort money from you over the next 5 years.

acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-08-03 10:30, gdw wrote:
Not just as, but Canada also demands taxes from Canadians who love in other countries.
America and North Korea are, I believe, the only other countries which claim ownership of you even if you live and work in another country.
You need their permission to leave, and get rid of your citizenship, and they will still demand money from you at that point, either "taxing" your own property, otherwise known as holding your belongings for ransom when done by anyone else.
Even after you leave, even if they've given you "permission," there are still several ways in which they will try and extort money from you over the next 5 years.

Sounds like they are bad people. Smile However if I were to leave, of which I have no intention, I would leave nothing behind for them. But that is just me. Anyway I am going to hang around. I like it here.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
That's for anyone who wants to leave, if the "authorities" want.

balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:
On 2013-08-01 09:49, gdw wrote:
http://www.theguardian.com/world/2013/ju......ine-data

A tad bit more than perusing phone records.

I am at a conference today at which the NSA has a booth, and is a sponsor.

I will tell them you said 'hi'.

http://www.amstat.org/meetings/jsm/2013/sponsors.cfm
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
Quote:

Not just as, but Canada also demands taxes from Canadians who love in other countries..

Not entirely sure what you meant, but some of my international friends (European and Australian) who have lived and worked in both countries say the U.S. is worse when it comes to taxation of non-U.S. citizens and U.S. citizens who live abroad.
Make America Great Again! - Trump in 2020 ... "We're a capitalistic society. I go into business, I don't make it, I go bankrupt. They're not going to bail me out. I've been on welfare and food stamps. Did anyone help me? No." - Craig T. Nelson, actor.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 13:11, balducci wrote:
Quote:

Not just as, but Canada also demands taxes from Canadians who love in other countries..

Not entirely sure what you meant, but some of my international friends (European and Australian) who have lived and worked in both countries say the U.S. is worse when it comes to taxation of non-U.S. citizens and U.S. citizens who live abroad.

Oh absolutely.
Definitely worse than canada, but to be lumped in with north korea says a lot about how the government views the people.

Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
https://medium.com/geek-empire-1/a1ebd2b4a0e5

secrets are??
an article on the topic.

something about Ibsen's Enemy of the People...
...to all the coins I've dropped here
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
I watched this short movie on a flight to Montreal the other day:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2041386/

I think it is a heck of a lot better if one does not know the set-up going in. That was the case for myself, several thousand feet in the air.

You clever possums may already know too much to get the full effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSyR4WPzCnQ

:)
balducci
View Profile
Loyal user
Canada
227 Posts

Profile of balducci
NSA swag from Montreal. Thanks, U.S. taxpayer. (Must remember to check the NSA-branded black laundry bag and pen for RFID chips.)

Click here to view attached image.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27300 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 22:46, balducci wrote:
I watched this short movie on a flight to Montreal the other day:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2041386/

I think it is a heck of a lot better if one does not know the set-up going in. That was the case for myself, several thousand feet in the air.

You clever possums may already know too much to get the full effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NSyR4WPzCnQ

:)

I love the fairy tale ending. It's a comedy, right?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
landmark
View Profile
Inner circle
within a triangle
5194 Posts

Profile of landmark
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 21:04, Jonathan Townsend wrote:
https://medium.com/geek-empire-1/a1ebd2b4a0e5

Brilliant!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Oh come ON now! (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.08 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL