The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Favourite Orange, Lemon, Egg, And Maltese Canary Performance (4 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Quote:
On 2013-11-26 16:03, john wills wrote:
Anthony and Arno,
Gentlemen, can you give us a link to the act of Dimmare?

Yea, I have been looking for this too. I've just about given up. I would love to see more of Dimmares work no matter what it is, but especially this since I have heard so much about it. All I have ever seen from him is the dove act, which is still my most favorutie single magic act ever. If anyone can point us to a video for this though, I would be grateful.

Best,

Allen
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
aboycemagic
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aboycemagic
This is Dimmare's full act with Lisa Shimda, complete with the OLEC. However not including the champagne sequence. Circa Late 90's.
My friend, Trent, found this: http://pann.nate.com/video/209470660

-Alex
john wills
View Profile
Special user
939 Posts

Profile of john wills
Great!
Thanks!!
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Thanks very much! Can't wait to watch this!

Allen
"Come to the edge," he said, They Said "We Are Afraid," "Come to the edge," he said, They Came, He Pushed Them...And They Flew. -Apollinaire

"If there be a skeptical star, I was born under it. Yet I have lived all my days in complete astonishment." -W. MacNeile Dixon
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Wow...finally got to check this out. It was really weird seeing him do the dove act to different music and in a different order. I suppose the Worlds Greatest Magic version was probably put together just for the show maybe. The OLEC was indeed very cool and original. Probably my second favourite one now behind Copperfield. Criss Angel's is cool, but I'm not at all convinced he could do that in real life after seeing his live show last month. If he could have, he should have really thrown it or something like it in there. He would have brought the house down with that one. Instead, people were just walking out in the middle of the performance.

Allen

aboycemagic
View Profile
Regular user
153 Posts

Profile of aboycemagic
Allen,
You're right, he music and order for WGM was changed for broadcast
-Alex
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
James Dimmare, one of, if not the only greatest magician of modern times to have blessed our magic community with his brilliance, creativity, style and showmanship in magic. He creates joy, magic, and wonder with every movement he makes on stage.

I was lucky enough to see him live at a Chicago magic convention, and he is even better in person.
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
I completely agree, Bill. I would love to see him live sometime. I'm also hoping he puts out a performance DVD eventually.

Allen

Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
Is there another video of James Dimmare's OLEC act? The link to the Chinese website isn't working anymore and I do not know what they wrote.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
As I remember, Dimmare did not use a cage, but a basket similar to the import Flower Basket. I thought is was a unique way to do the trick. Being he had to travel all over the world to perform.

http://themagicwarehouse.com/LB4493/Flower-Basket.html

I am sure it was specially made to his requirements.

If I get some time I will look and see if I downloaded the performance.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
I looked it up on my hard drive, and I did capture it. Just watched it, and it is still great. The bowl may b glass or plastic. The quality is not very good, so it is hard to tell.
Zlwin Chew
View Profile
Elite user
Malaysian Magician with
437 Posts

Profile of Zlwin Chew
Would you upload it on YouTube? Smile Smile
Bryan Gilles
View Profile
Inner circle
Northern California
1732 Posts

Profile of Bryan Gilles
I'm too am also interested in seeing Dimmare's performance of OLEP (OLEC) if anyone has a current video or link to a performance if it.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On May 25, 2016, Bryan Gilles wrote:
I'm too am also interested in seeing Dimmare's performance of OLEP (OLEC) if anyone has a current video or link to a performance if it.

PM sent.
latentimage
View Profile
Elite user
No More Room In Hell..
438 Posts

Profile of latentimage
Bill, I too would be greatful if you could send this along so I could see it again.

Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22797 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Quote:
On Jun 8, 2016, Allen Michael wrote:
Bill, I too would be greatful if you could send this along so I could see it again.

Pm sent.
garywest
View Profile
New user
South Florida
32 Posts

Profile of garywest
Seeing Richiardi perform this in Madison Square Garden, NY in the early 70's, gave me the ability to realize that you don't need huge props to perform in front of huge audiences. His performance was amazing and he got a standing O at the performance I saw for this effect alone. It was all about showmanship, style and presentation. Unforgettable!
It's better to have a bottle in front of you... than to have a frontal lobotomy!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Polly wants a cracker... » » Favourite Orange, Lemon, Egg, And Maltese Canary Performance (4 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL