The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MIB By Scott Alexander (8 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
260 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
You can order 12 oz glass bottles online for around $12 a case ( 24 bottles ). That's about .50 per show and $250 for 500 shows! LOL
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
Thanks Puck. I'm working on a few ideas as well. I using several running themes in my show and I'm trying to come up with an idea that goes along with those. I'll look into the bottles today so I can at least start working on the method while I come up with the finale. Thanks
theconjuror
View Profile
New user
61 Posts

Profile of theconjuror
This sounds pretty cool, I'll have to look into getting this. I think I could fit it in my show. Has anyone here put it in their show yet?
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Profile of Scott Alexander
The rest of the preorders are going out first thing in the AM! Thanks again everyone!

I am currently working on the PDF supplement with the new ideas and touches that some of our users have come up with along with. There is some great stuff so keep it coming.
I am also working on an additional gimmick that allows you to use your MIB board as a regular Dry Erase Board throughout the rest of your performance. It will be available on my website in the coming weeks.
I have also made available (thanks Joe Romano) pre cut paper rolls which is a great timesaver. If you don't want to bother cutting the paper for each show these will give you approximately ten shows per roll.

Check it out here:

http://scottalexander.bigcartel.com/prod......er-rolls
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

www.scottalexander.bigcartel.com

Website

www.scottalexandermagic.com
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Quote:
On 2013-09-18 10:17, Scott Alexander wrote:
Since this is a utility device like the Wellington Prediction Chest, we also decided not to include a live performance, but we have included the basic routine we've adapted from Fogel with the Message in a Bottle premise, including the template. We talked with several performers and the majority of them already have a confabulation routine in mind that they wanted to use with this. Puck and I still regularly perform this routine and our personal lines, bits of business and gestures are succinct to our characters and would hinder user's individual creativity.

What is Wellington Prediction Chest ?
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
260 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Puck thanks for the link, I was just kidding with Scott. DICK ZIMMERMAN’s award winning MASTER PREDICTION has been recognized by many professionals as the best and cleanest method to make a prediction... Wellington is just a builder of DICK ZIMMERMAN’s MASTER PREDICTION.
Now for a real question. Can you perform MIB in a parlor situation or it is only a stage effect ? Is anything else necessary to have to perform the effect beside the props you provide ?

Best,
Bojan
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
260 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
Ha, now I feel stupid! 😀 You can perform MIB in a parlor setting if you use music during the audience selection process. Everything is included with the exception of rubber cement and double stick tape and 8 AAA batteries.
bojanbarisic
View Profile
Elite user
Croatia
462 Posts

Profile of bojanbarisic
Thanks Puck
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
So far so good. I've been performing this twice a day for about a week. It's really coming together.
PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
What method for showing the info on the board are you using, or are you even bothering with that? That's my biggest concern with this prop at the moment. That and the fact that you DO need to play music as a ball is tossed around the audience or what not between every time someone is selected to name something. That should have been mentioned on the ad. Very displeased with that.
Christopher
View Profile
Special user
531 Posts

Profile of Christopher
I don't toss a ball around. I cant in my venue. Sometimes I show the board, not always. The board is not a concern with the audience at all. I openly ask for opinions of my routines and no one has ever been suspicious of the board. It's a non issue.
puckmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
Orlando, Florida
260 Posts

Profile of puckmagic
Thanks for your insight Christopher. Scott and I have also found that the board becomes invisible once the prediction is read therefor the need to show it for reference is not important to the success of the routine. We gave options for double writing on the dvd but no longer use it when performing MIB. We will be putting out a PDF with alternate handling and tips from ourselves and other magicians that have been kind enough to share their work with us. This will include other options to bypass the unnecessary double writing. Stay tuned!!
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Due to the onslaught of emails and inquiries I have received asking for this, here is a start to finish, no edits, live performance.... so here's the goods.

http://youtu.be/y1ydCZNR5SM

Enjoy!

-Scott
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

Cris Johnson
View Profile
Loyal user
Niagara Falls, NY
248 Posts

Profile of Cris Johnson
That is a GREAT gag (Chinese writing) to cut out the double reading and "justify" showing the board. Killer stuff, Scott.
Cris Johnson, BCH, CI, CT.NLP

www.ProfessionalMagicProducts.com
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Special thanks to Patrick Gregorie for the Chinese writing idea. It will be on the PDF!!
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

PatrickGregoire
View Profile
Inner circle
2247 Posts

Profile of PatrickGregoire
*Gregoire Smile

Thanks for the crediting Scott
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
The Chinese writing bit was brilliant. The MIB looks phenomenal. That is the best one man confabulation with a large reveal yet.
Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Thanks!

He Patrick...you were autocorrected😀
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

Scott Alexander
View Profile
V.I.P.
1471 Posts

Make that hey Patrick!
-Scott

Visit my PRO MAGIC SHOP

Website

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MIB By Scott Alexander (8 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9~10 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL