The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » "Hit method" mentioned in Ed Marlo's revolutionary card technique (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

cicciospice
View Profile
New user
4 Posts

Profile of cicciospice
Hi folks,
I'm reading book in subject, and I have found reference to "Hit method" to perform double lift, I'm in first chapter, can someone help me to find a resource that could explainme this technique?

Grazie!
Francesco
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2723 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Stars Of Magic for one. Which is a book that any magician worth their salt should have.

The Strike Double was used by Dr. Jacob Daley. There is a routine in STOM where the strike double is explained.
Bulla
View Profile
Special user
Honolulu, HI
673 Posts

Profile of Bulla
Next time please use abbreviations like DL when referring to specific sleights in the public forum. RS1963 you should know better seeing as you have 2379 posts.
Yehuda
View Profile
Elite user
411 Posts

Profile of Yehuda
It is explained in Daley's Trick "Itinerant Pasteboards" in Stars of Magic. Ed Marlo describes it as the “Double Turnover Change” in his book The Cardician (page 52).

Yehuda
tomsk192
View Profile
Inner circle
3894 Posts

Profile of tomsk192
Quote:
On 2013-08-03 17:41, Bulla wrote:
Next time please use abbreviations like DL when referring to specific sleights in the public forum. RS1963 you should know better seeing as you have 2379 posts.

*facepalm*
RS1963
View Profile
Inner circle
2723 Posts

Profile of RS1963
Quote:
On 2013-08-03 17:41, Bulla wrote:

Actually I said Strike Double. For all that a layman would know that could be another name for a double scotch so your argument is pointless.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Isn't this the Snap DL Larry Jennings used? Daryl's favorite describe in his Encyclopedia Of Card Sleights DVD, Volume 5? Or is it different?
TH

Occupy Your Dream
Bulla
View Profile
Special user
Honolulu, HI
673 Posts

Profile of Bulla
It's different. Jay Sankey uses this method all the time.
WingChun
View Profile
Veteran user
337 Posts

Profile of WingChun
Quote:
On 2013-08-07 12:05, Atom3339 wrote:
Isn't this the Snap DL Larry Jennings used? Daryl's favorite describe in his Encyclopedia Of Card Sleights DVD, Volume 5? Or is it different?

Hi Atom,
Essentially we are dealing with Daley's Instantaneuos DL. Please, check vol. 5 of Daryl Ency. for some fine points about this DL.
Atom3339
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
3242 Posts

Profile of Atom3339
Got it! Thanks!
TH

Occupy Your Dream
seraph127
View Profile
Special user
584 Posts

Profile of seraph127
Marlo details his method for the Hit DL in The Cardician ("Double Turnover Change"); he says that "the hit can be made at any point along the right side of the cards, but the standard method is to work on the lower right corner" (emphasis added). Daley takes the strike from the a point beyond the corner. Some may find that working off the corner gives one the knack more quickly than otherwse.
There are many tricks, and many effects, but rarely a Grand Effect. There are many entertainers, but few real magicians. Many technicians, but few artists who use their art to explore their vision. - Derren Brown, Absolute Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » "Hit method" mentioned in Ed Marlo's revolutionary card technique (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL