The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wow! High 18 Year Old Starts Fight With Cop And Breaks Out of Handcuffs After Arrest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
I may be confused here but I seriously doubt anyone is capable of breaking the handcuffs that are currently used by law enforcement. If you feel that they can pull them apart and break them wouldn't their bones fracture and pull apart before the handcuffs break? Maybe they slipped out of them by breaking a bone or two in their hand being oblivious to the pain and made their hand small enough to slip through the cuffs. But I do not believe they broke the cuffs used today. The bones and tendons are just not strong enough to withstand that kind of tensile strength.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2013-08-04 00:40, mastermindreader wrote:
Yeah, Danny, we used to call it angel dust too. Its actual name is phencyclidine. Had a few clients who used the stuff. They'd put it on their marijuana and smoke it. It is a strong analgesic and was once marketed as an animal tranquilizer. It can cause hallucinations and extreme psychotic behavior and, since those under the influence literally "feel no pain," could easily be responsible for the handcuff episode described in the OP.

You and Danny must both be on PCP. foreva.infiniti already told us that drugs being high doesn't stop you from feeling pain! Smile
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Yes. But he's also told us that no one reads books anymore, that people who eat meat are hateful, he's a black woman in Ann Arbor who refuses to reveal his gender, follows the Torah, and who "speaks" in numbers and colors. (Now visualize the old public service ad that ends with an egg getting cracked open into a frying pan.)
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Well I do believe that he's black, if that helps Smile
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Something happens to adrenal glands.

Aces.....sorry brother I witnessed it. Handcuffs can be snapped.

It is hard to imagine. But deal with these drugs just a little and you will see it.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
Danny wrote:

It is hard to imagine. But deal with these drugs just a little and you will see it.

Ohh yeah, adrenaline rush can make you do some pretty super human feats. It's designed to keep you alive in very dangerous situations and it's not good for your brain (and probably your body too) to have too many adrenaline dumps either, even if you get these adrenaline rushes/dumps without the use of illegal drugs. Adrenaline that stays too long in the system can actually do some physical damage to the brain. It's meant to be used for short period of times (and not long period of times or too many multiple short periods of times) to help keep you alive in dangerous, life threatening situations. Your body is biologically designed to survive and adrenaline helps to do that in extreme life threatening situations. Illegal drugs can pervert your body's use of adrenaline and cause your body to use it when no life threatening situation actually exists.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Which part of the handcuffs were snapped?
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
The metal part!
~Will Rogers
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 18:44, critter wrote:
The metal part!

;)
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

That's what the cops do: handle the ills of society and are held to a higher standard while doing so. It's why I respect cops. It's a very tough job.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 18:44, critter wrote:
The metal part!

OK, I know you're being funny but I AM curious. I mean, I'm also having a little trouble believing it. That's why I asked. Was it the chain connecting the two, the ratchet mechanism inside them, the actual metal cuff? I could maybe believe the mechanism somehow broke, possibly the hinge. Certainly not the metal cuff itself.
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I know, me too.
I would be curious what type of cuffs they're using. The kind with the chain seem like they'd be "easier" to break than the hinge-y kind. Not that I think I could break handcuffs, just oddly curious.
~Will Rogers
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

I don't know if the kid literally broke through the hard metal part of the handcuffs, but I will say this, I know when your body gives you a shot of adrenaline you will be amazed at what you can do. It's just your body's natural performance enhancing drug that rarely it releases to keep you alive if you find yourself in a pretty serious life threatening situation. Most people live their entire lives without ever getting a shot of adrenaline from their body.

I can see where certain drugs might trick the body into releasing adrenaline if the drug user is hallucinating and thinks he is in a life threatening situation when in reality he is not. I have also read that adrenaline leaves an imprint of the situation on the mind or brain, kinda burns onto the mind, which causes flashbacks later on after the event that triggered the adrenaline dump. Drug users have flashbacks from what I hear, but I don't know because I am not a drug user nor do I hang out with drug addicts, but I have heard that drug addicts will have flashbacks from crazy trips they have had.

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
I should have quoted Danny because that's who I was actually asking the question to about the incident he was referring to, not the one the OP is about.
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
819 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 17:37, Dannydoyle wrote:

I have to believe you because you have more experience than I do in this field. However I just can't imagine someone breaking handcuffs with their own wrists without tearing them apart because of the tensile strength of the bones and skin as compared to the hand cuffs. To me it seems like trying to pry up a 100 pound weight with a tooth pick...no amount of strength is going to accomplish this because the tooth pick is not strong enough.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I thought the whole gadget was metal...
But yeah, I want to know if it was links.
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ix_EzstBJU
They don't get to the real cuffs until about a minute in.
~Will Rogers
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Quote:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Ix_EzstBJU
They don't get to the real cuffs until about a minute in.

That's amazing!

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I thought it was pretty cool too. I thought I'd seen Steve McGranahan do it before too, but couldn't find a video.
~Will Rogers
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
And an average person can do the same thing under the influence of PCP. (Of course, what the PCP does to the user's brain is very similar to what the user can do to a pair of handcuffs.)
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wow! High 18 Year Old Starts Fight With Cop And Breaks Out of Handcuffs After Arrest (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.11 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL