The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wow! High 18 Year Old Starts Fight With Cop And Breaks Out of Handcuffs After Arrest (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I specifically said broke every bone in the wrists.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
821 Posts

Profile of acesover
Quote:
On 2013-08-07 07:51, Dannydoyle wrote:
I specifically said broke every bone in the wrists.

My bad. I understand now.

Wow talk about feeling no pain. Unbelievable what drugs can do, both good and not so good.
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
While feeling no pain is possible and happens the physical limitations of flesh and bone still exist.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
You'll notice that in the video that critter posted no steel actually snapped. It looks like they bent the steel to the point were the ratchet part of the handcuff was disengaged which sounds more believable. I can understand why this would be described as 'snapping' the steel handcuffs as it could easily make that type of snapping sound. It's just that when someone says they snapped the handcuffs in two, it sounds like the steel was broken right in half which probably wasn't the case.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Seriously? You want to debate the semantics of it? We have degraded so far that this is what it comes to? Seriously? Man this is stupid. I can't wait for the Superman does not really fly because it is an extension of his feat of strength debate.

Ok let me clear up at least my statement. A 19 year old girl was "dusted" as it was called. She was handcuffed. Then suddenly she was free from the cuffs and throwing around many a cop who were all over 6'2" and trained to restrain people. It was as if we were rag dolls.

Turns out she was cuffed properly but some part of them broke. Truthfully I never conducted a CSI investigation of the cuffs and it was over 20 years ago. So which part broke escapes me. Apparently through your enormous experience either in law enforcement, drugs or handcuffs you have determined the only way this could have happened was a ratcheting mechanism broke.

Do you feel better now?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
Danny & Bob are correct. PCP would have been the driver behind this. Herculian strength and zero response to pain can occur.

I'm sure not everyone that's ever used it has gone loco though. I think that has a lot to do with the state of mind of the individual beforehand. Not that I'd recommend it to anyone of course!

Stories like this give a bad name to drugs. I'm sure many will disagree but they're not all bad.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Calm down Danny. I was trying to be as polite as possible. I was just pointing out that when someone says something 'snapped', that creates as image in other peoples minds that in this case was probably not what really happened. I don't think you were trying to be dishonest, or saying anything that you didn't think was accurate. I wasn't attacking you. I'm sorry if you saw it that way.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I simply saw it as you being a pain in the but. don't worry this new standard you have set of imiages created will be the one I make you live by.

Hey look state of Oklahoma got it wrong too.

http://www.ok.gov/obndd/Education/PCP_Fact_Sheet.html

I guess if you can't figure it out then it never happened. It boggles the.mind.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Misinformation has always been useful in the War on Drugs.

The state if Oklahoma also misspelled "steal."
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
So I don't understand you are saying it never happened?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Yes, the Oklahoma site misspelled "steal," but the information regarding PCP is nonetheless accurate. There are a lot of problems with the so-called war on drugs, but PCP is not exactly a good example of one that should be legalized.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21245 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
I agree Bob. I can have a rational discussion about pot equals booze all day long and be persuaded fairly easily.

PCP on the other hand very few people anywhere near the mainstream are arguing for it.

I am just wondering what everyone, with apparently little to no experience with the drug or law enforcement or handcuffs, is telling me I saw.

This is so Café' typical.

But I think some problems with a war on drugs are it is expensive, fairly ineffective, diverts money from the real way to stop the drug issue, and most of all just the word WAR. Winning a war is different from solving problems in society.

But hen again what do I know? I will wait for rockwall to tell me my opinion.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-08-08 14:35, Dannydoyle wrote:
...Winning a war is different from solving problems in society.

Well said.
0pus
View Profile
Inner circle
New Jersey
1739 Posts

Profile of 0pus
If I recall correctly, PCP was the driving force behind many police "overreaction" videos some time ago. A not very powerful looking suspect would be shown being subdued by a half dozen or more burly police officers while reporters described their use of "excessive force." In many cases, the police were fighting for their own lives against a drug-addled berserker.
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
3225 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2013-08-03 20:57, foreva.infiniti wrote:
^unnecessary^

You'll get over it. Not 1 cop has been sent to prison for shooting an armed suspect that was shooting, in the head.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1196 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 22:16, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 18:44, critter wrote:
The metal part!

OK, I know you're being funny but I AM curious. I mean, I'm also having a little trouble believing it. That's why I asked. Was it the chain connecting the two, the ratchet mechanism inside them, the actual metal cuff? I could maybe believe the mechanism somehow broke, possibly the hinge. Certainly not the metal cuff itself.

I share your curiosity and skepticism.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Quote:
On 2013-08-08 15:35, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 22:16, rockwall wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 18:44, critter wrote:
The metal part!

OK, I know you're being funny but I AM curious. I mean, I'm also having a little trouble believing it. That's why I asked. Was it the chain connecting the two, the ratchet mechanism inside them, the actual metal cuff? I could maybe believe the mechanism somehow broke, possibly the hinge. Certainly not the metal cuff itself.

I share your curiosity and skepticism.

Just watch the videos linked to above. The metal doesn't actually break. It is just bent and the ratchet releases. I've seen this done many times. It takes incredible strength, but that's one thing that PCP can give you.
dave_matkin
View Profile
Inner circle
4522 Posts

Profile of dave_matkin
Quote:
On 2013-08-04 00:44, imgic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-03 20:53, lunatik wrote:
Kids lucky another cop didn't shoot him when he took the gun, I sure woulda threw a couple of slugs in his head

You don't shoot for the head. You aim for center mass.

I only watched once but ......I don't think that aiming centre mass would have worked! When the gun was pulled out the perps 'centre mass' was under a few cops. They would've been shooting their colleagues and I guess most of them also want their colleagues to get home to family too.
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Ohio Man Rips Off His *** After Taking Hallucinogenic Mushrooms:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/06/25......412.html

So the cops said
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
mastermindreader
View Profile
1949 - 2017
Seattle, WA
12586 Posts

Again, it's likely that the mushrooms he probably bought on the street were laced with something as that kind of violence is simply not normally associated with normal psilocybin.

Quote:
Most of the comparatively few fatal incidents reported in the literature that are associated with psychedelic mushroom usage involve the simultaneous use of other drugs, especially alcohol. Probably the most common cause of hospital admissions resulting from magic mushroom usage involve "bad trips" or panic reactions, in which affected individuals become extremely anxious, confused, agitated, or disoriented. Accidents, self-injury, or suicide attempts can result from serious cases of acute psychotic episodes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybin#......otential
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Wow! High 18 Year Old Starts Fight With Cop And Breaks Out of Handcuffs After Arrest (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL