The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peter Turner's Tree Doodle - what does it say? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
andyfisher
View Profile
Veteran user
Norwich, UK
319 Posts

Profile of andyfisher
Hi folks - for you budding tree readers out there I have just posted a doodle by our resident trail blazer and philosopher poet, Pete Turner! I have purposefully held off from giving my interpretation so that you can take a look and arrive at your own ideas first and then I will follow up with my own thoughts in a week's time - here is the link and feel free to either post your musings on this thread or leave a comment directly on the blog - enjoy Smile

http://doodlemeatree.com/Wordpress/
'Reading people and bringing them together'

www.doodlemeatree.com
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
I posted this on your website, but I will add it there, too:

Peter,

In looking at your tree, the first thing that pops out immediately is how creative you are. Overall, you are an optimistic person, this is seen in the number of branches shooting upward and onward to better things. However, you do have some branches that seem to be unaware of the sun and are growing toward the ground. While life is good, there are some concerns that you have. I should note, the colorful dabs of paint that portray the leaves also indicate you are somewhat optimistic, believing the future will be just as good as life is now, if not better.

There are elements of what is called a winter tree in your drawing. Some think the winter tree is doom and gloom, but it really points toward someone who is honest. You lay yourself out there: This is who I am, take me or leave me. In essence, you have nothing to hide.

The size of your tree suggests you like attention and command that attention when you walk into a room. It also is a sign that you are a generous person and full of life.

There appears to be a couple of knotholes in your tree. There are a few opinions what knotholes represent. For some, it is a traumatic event. Others suggest you might have something to hide, however, I do not think that is the case with you. Others say it shows you are a forgiving person because a knothole represents a flaw in the tree, but you drew it anyway. Thus, you might see imperfections in others, but you can still appreciate who they are.

The trunk represents our past. If we look at the trunk of the tree and say it represents 30 years, probably about 15-18 years ago, you had some type of significant event in your life. If that indeed is another knothole on the branch, it suggests something happened quite recently.

The trunk shows you are a very stable and upright person. I am not sure what to make of the ground you drew, it might suggest you are thoroughly grounded.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
On top of everything else he seems to be able to do, he's a bloody good artist, too...! Smile
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
seamagu
View Profile
Special user
860 Posts

Profile of seamagu
Excellent, I look forward to interpreting the image.

Thanks,

Sea
I love post its Smile
mota
View Profile
Inner circle
1658 Posts

Profile of mota
Actually knotholes in a tree indicate an experience that seemed a disaster at the time but turned out to be a good thing. For some people it is that girlfriend who dumped you and broke your heart into a billion itty bitty meatballs, then she turns out to be a real whack job and you just weren't seeing it. For others it might be a business opportunity you got shut out off, then it went bust.

The initial scar is there but you are much better for the experience.

It might be noted that the knothole near where the tree branches spread is pretty close to the present...a scar that is healing fast and the realization that what happened here is a good thing is just sinking in.

There is another knothole all the way up a branch. That is another story entirely.

This is really quite an interesting tree, filled with honesty wrapped in candyman colors of gentleness. Contrasts of the head and the earth both show complex thinking and emotion patterns, a Rubik's cube of possibilities in life but at the same time a gap between the two...

...but that is for another time...I just wanted to explain knotholes.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I've still not gotten round to getting andy's tree book...however, without trying to hot read pete, here's my attempt...

3 colours, no detail, all but a few pointing up - they remind me of candle light or chinese lanterns...so its about holding onto an afterglow, self contained suns gently exploding...maybe the three signify the mind, body and spirit...are they all in balance? the background of stars indicate female influences (stars=pentangles to me, the human form=women)

when they fall to the ground and break open, that's when you see the detail and then they can take root and grow, so whether each of these fruits/suns/thoughts are going to fall or maybe even take off? they now remind me of hot air balloons with ideas and ideals inside each, either being let go of, or held together...

knotholes hit the stomach and the heart, I know its not in the right place for the heart - but that's what I thought straight away...metaphorically we get knots in both I guess...here are the scars that tell you who we are...

branches seem to have armpit hairs = I think that's pete being dirty if you ask me...i wasn't going to say armpits at first...

a suggestion of a snail bottom left, with a flower in its hair...bit like the magic roundabout - down to earth, well meaning, carries his home on his back..

the entire ground seems to be flowing downwards like a fairground ride, still waiting to become colourful - whether that's because the ground is unimportant, because its always about moving onwards, or whether its always about looking UP instead...

the two most important things though, are the very faint (what look like) a giant pair of angels wings covering the entire picture (look at the top of the tree - see 'em?) - so the feeling of someone looking over or watching out for him, the usual guardian angel type metaphor, but not necessarily meaning someone who has passed away...just that overall sense of safety/care...even when it looks like its fading away, its still there...

and the scales of a snake/dragon on the bottom right..but comedic looking, and maybe a hint at temptation, the snake, the orbs are apples/fruits and the snake is speaking to the person looking at the painting, inviting them to take a piece for themself...break a taboo or two along the way...

there's also a lack of connection between the physicality of the tree, vs the almost etherial "light" of the fruit/petals/ideas...yet they cling together...you make something magical and bright, out of something that could be seen as quite dark and spikey...

I'll shut up now, but that was a stream of conciousness kind of thing...fun for me, maybe not for the reader(s)...
I've asked to be banned
robwar0100
View Profile
Inner circle
Buy me some newspapers.Purchase for me 1 Gazette and
1748 Posts

Profile of robwar0100
Mota,

Thanks for sharing that. I love it.

Bobby
"My definition of chance is my hands on the wheel," Greg Long.
PhilDean
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Profile of PhilDean
Crikey. That's the most elborate tree I've seen yet. If I were pressed to give it a quick go I'd say he's almost like a guy who likes to collect experiences and share them. There are 2 specific experiences that have left a permanent mark, one which possibly relates to family, the other not so much to do with family in as much as it was an important lesson. Has a very clear internal idea of where he'd like his future to head even so my psychic powers are telling me it's unlikely that he'll be cast as the 12th Doctor...

Ok, I cheated on that last bit because I watched the TV special a few hours ago, but certainly a tree and sig you could go on about for days.
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
The starry night tells you're a man of mystics.

If you look closely you'll see the tree is heartshaped, disclosing the loving nature of the drawer.
By use of the bright watercolours, the drawing (and therefore the owner) is full of positive energy.

Even the branches show knotholes. A wise man, that knows life will bring it's difficulties, even though they are not here yet.

Does the tree grow on land (the flower) or in water (the Japanese Koi - Carp- )? Does this represent his motto? "Whatever the origin of your roots, Life can bring beauty and pleasure, and you can be worthwhile."

The only "negative" thing I see in this Doodle is that only the tree is colourfull and the surroundings are black/white. Are you that selfcentered, that all that blossoms and shines is you, and the rest is of minor interest (to you)? Even the seeds that fall of the tree - left side, twice - (and will blossom and grow into a new tree) loose colour when they hit the ground and transform into flowers and grow. In other words: you are willing to share, but once done you loose interest and the shared things don't matter any more. Time to move on...

And last but not least: we are not to forget his name, because he drew it quite clearly, centered for all to see.
MY NAME IS P. TURNER. AND DON'T YOU FORGET IT!!

:)
Forgive me any language mistakes.

I'm Dutch.
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
A vibrant, creative character shines through here – an almost boundless enthusiasm and passion indicated by the numerous colourful blossoms. The variety of colours suggests a wide range of interests rather than one field of focus.

Peppering the sky with stars suggests an ability to dream big and follow a unique vision (“We’re all in the gutter but some of us are looking at the stars”). The fact that the scene is set at night suggests a deep, slightly mysterious aspect to your character.

The eye drawn at the base of the tree could suggest an introspective character, someone prone to deep thought, possibly someone who occasionally overthinks a decision. This curious detail also suggests someone who is proud to buck the trend and enjoys being slightly set apart from the crowd.

The swirling, undulating nature of the earth / horizon implies the journey in life has not been smooth and easy, but the fact that flowers are blooming at the base of the tree suggests that you have reconciled the tough times from your past and accepted that they make you what you are today.

An optimistic, upbeat personality is suggested by the signature – I believe this is someone who is more likely to see the positive in any situation – a glass half full personality.

Falling leaves suggest a period of change at the moment, which may be a bit disruptive and push you out of your comfort zone in the short term but will ultimately put you in a better place.

Just my initial thoughts.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I would also say, that judging by the drawing, pete is from the north, about five foot ten, with dark hair and maybe tattoos...if that makes me psychic, then so be it...
I've asked to be banned
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 07:24, IAIN wrote:
I would also say, that judging by the drawing, pete is from the north, about five foot ten, with dark hair and maybe tattoos...if that makes me psychic, then so be it...

Uncanny.
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
John Raff M
View Profile
Loyal user
Republic of Ireland
233 Posts

Profile of John Raff M
Quote:

How Iain? How??????????????????????????????????? Smile
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Wrong question.

The question is: Why, Iain? Why????

I'm Dutch.
Pfauntschi
View Profile
Regular user
Munich/Germany
153 Posts

Profile of Pfauntschi
Quote:

IAIN, simply wonderful.. I don't know how and I don't want to know! ;-)
RicHeka
View Profile
Inner circle
3999 Posts

Profile of RicHeka
I am only about half-way through Andy's book, but I am enjoying this little exercise immensely.

Very interesting to hear the different/similar interpretations of various aspects of the drawing.

There are certain elements that I did not notice at first that others did. To wit: Heart shape; angel wings; snail with a flower riding on it; seeds falling to the ground; oh and yes....armpit hairs! Smile

Rich
Bill Brunelle
View Profile
Regular user
192 Posts

Profile of Bill Brunelle
Am I the only one that sees a fish to the lower right of the tree? Almost like part of the roots?
Of course we all know what a big influence the movie "Big Fish" had on Peter. And his book "Bigger Fish" came out of that.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18817 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I didn't see a fish, I saw like a cartoonish snake type creature...
I've asked to be banned
DutchFrank
View Profile
Special user
Has a fence with
541 Posts

Profile of DutchFrank
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 01:54, DutchFrank wrote:

Does the tree grow on land (the flower) or in water (the Japanese Koi - Carp- )?

No, you're not the only one to see a fish...

I'm Dutch.
Peter_turner
View Profile
V.I.P.
Bradford, West Yorkshire
1328 Posts

Profile of Peter_turner
It was sure fun drawing it Smile

Whoever saw the silhouette of a heart was on the nose Smile

Pete x
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Peter Turner's Tree Doodle - what does it say? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.2 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL