The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Hip wallets (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Christopher Williams
View Profile
Inner circle
Portsmouth, UK
4464 Posts

Profile of Christopher Williams
Does anyone use a hip wallet for card to wallet, if so, which do you recommed. I would love to do a card to wallet, but at 17, wouldn't get around with a huge wallet you expect a rich, proffesional such as gary kurtz to use. he may be a bad example, but I love garys card to wallet effect! a hip wallet is more casual
www.magicman13.co.uk

Copies of the limited edition 'MindPlay' still available
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
The Real Man's wallet by Steve Draun is the best one out there.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
Breather
View Profile
Elite user
447 Posts

Profile of Breather
You can achieve the same effect with a real wallet.
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
The same effect, maybe. But I doubt you could do it with the same conditions. I'd be interested to learn how you do it.

-Jim
Books and Magazines for sale -- more than 200 items (Last updated January 17th, 2014. Link goes to public Google Doc.)
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
I have a hip wallet with a zip compartment and a snap button to keep it closed, but unfortunately I got it at a swap meet with no name and no instructions... (Note: the snap button is a fake as it is on the 'other' side, but no one ever notices you unsnap it and open it in one move anyway. Someone "thought" it was a KB hip wallet. I am not sure, as KB stands for Kaps/Balducci and is a bigger one...
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
Erik Anderson
View Profile
Regular user
Des Moines, Iowa
171 Posts

Profile of Erik Anderson
I have to agree with Jim. For a CTW that looks like a real everyday wallet, the Real Man's Wallet is superb. I use it AS my everyday wallet so it looks exactly as it should. I love it.
Erik "Aces" Anderson

"I never let my schooling get in the way of my education." ~ Mark Twain

http://www.acesanderson.com
Expertmagician
View Profile
Inner circle
2478 Posts

Profile of Expertmagician
Even though card to wallet is an impossible type of effect...when I was 17, I did not like to carry around a wallet since it bulked out my jeans too much.

Also, keeping a wallet in your rear pocket all the time is a target for pick pocketers (and is easily lost).

So, I used to do a card into card box. maybe not as effective as a zippered compartment in a wallet...but, easier to carry and more practicle for my working style at the time.

Jeff Smile
Long Island,

New York
MField2000
View Profile
Special user
Hastings, East Sussex, England
590 Posts

Profile of MField2000
Quote:
On 2003-12-08 12:33, Pete Biro wrote:
I have a hip wallet with a zip compartment and a snap button to keep it closed, but unfortunately I got it at a swap meet with no name and no instructions... Someone "thought" it was a KB hip wallet.

Peet -- That's a JB (as in Joke Box) wallet, from England's JB Magic. That's the one with the gaffed coin purse on the outside, yes?

Matt Field
elgranmago
View Profile
Veteran user
371 Posts

Profile of elgranmago
On this topic, are there any comments on Doug Malloy´s "Hip Pocket Card to Wallet"? Would someone be willing to recommend it?

Thanks.
"It´s kind of fun to do the impossible". Walt Disney
JimMaloney
View Profile
Inner circle
1184 Posts

Profile of JimMaloney
Quote:
On 2003-12-08 12:33, Pete Biro wrote:
Someone "thought" it was a KB hip wallet. I am not sure, as KB stands for Kaps/Balducci and is a bigger one...

KB refers to the loading style, not the size of the wallet.

-Jim
Red_Wing_II
View Profile
Regular user
Enchanted Mitten
164 Posts

Profile of Red_Wing_II
Is the real mans wallet really that durable, I seem to strech out real wallets in about a year and a half
Erik Anderson
View Profile
Regular user
Des Moines, Iowa
171 Posts

Profile of Erik Anderson
Quote:
On 2003-12-08 16:36, Red_Wing_II wrote:
I seem to strech out real wallets in about a year and a half

What are you putting in it? Smile

I've used my RMW as a wallet for over two years. It looks used but not worn out.
Erik "Aces" Anderson

"I never let my schooling get in the way of my education." ~ Mark Twain

http://www.acesanderson.com
Pete Biro
View Profile
1933 - 2018
18558 Posts

Profile of Pete Biro
Nope, I don't think there's any coin purse on my wallet.
STAY TOONED... @ www.pete-biro.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Magical Accessories » » Hip wallets (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL