The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pass Through by Oliver Smith (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

oliversmith
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of oliversmith
Hi everyone,

This is a pen through bill which I will be releasing in a few days time. I teach a gimmicked and impromptu handling in the download. Any feedback would be greatly appreciated, thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qkwfai22wdY
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Hey, I could see how it works but would probably fool a lay person. What is the set up like infront of a spectator?
It looks like you would have to do the set up without the spectator watching. ....

Kieran
oliversmith
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of oliversmith
Hi Kieran,

It does look better live than on the camera and gets a good reaction.
magicman29
View Profile
Inner circle
hertfordshire
1245 Posts

Profile of magicman29
Hey Oliver,
I'm not saying it doesn't look good, it does look very good! Can you do the set up infront of the spectator?

Kieran
oliversmith
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of oliversmith
I wouldn't recommend it but I think once you have practiced it a bit you can do it but you can set the impromptu version in front of the spectators with, thanks.
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
Looks like Cameron Francis "Driven" which also has an extra phase. No gimmicks or anything involved. Believe that Daniel García also had some work it.
Since it looks the same and the other ones are impromptu I think there is no need for a gimmicked version...sorry.
oliversmith
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of oliversmith
Hi Bietfriek,

I have credited Garcia and Cameron as they were both inspirations for this release but their methods are different and my impromptu handling is also different from both.
Bietfriek
View Profile
Special user
Bye, bye after
502 Posts

Profile of Bietfriek
But what makes your version superiour to the existing ones (focussed on the effect, not method).
Both the others are impromptu/clean and with borrowed objects. Personally I would not pay for this effect when a gimmick is involved and if this is the only phase.
oliversmith
View Profile
Loyal user
257 Posts

Profile of oliversmith
I would say less cover and handling is a little more free.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Pass Through by Oliver Smith (0 Likes)
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL