The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Interesting and yet disturbing on a number of levels (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
This guy seems to be raising money for a shiny black pebble in the guise of a "Free energy thought magnifier".

http://www.indiegogo.com/projects/tarc-t......agnifier

People have pledged money to the project Smile
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
So what? religion is a multi-billion$ market.. what do they offer for information that their product works out?

market of pure belief is the coolest..
MentalistCreationLab
View Profile
Inner circle
1527 Posts

Profile of MentalistCreationLab
Paris Tosen has written many books on new age related topics as well and has a few videos on YouTube where in he talks about many unusual things as well. The key word is unusual. While most of his work is of no interest to anyone in mentalism a few of his stranger ideas have interesting applications. If and only if you can follow them through and see where the idea ends up. But its not easy since much of the good or I should say useable ideas for the mentalist are hidden within tangents, sometimes rants and more often these useable things will come from his writings that would be of no interest to what we do. In simpler terms some of his books are on topics we would care less about as the subject of the book in question will contain nothing of interest to us yet the book may contain a simple line that is still abstract but could be used if was followed and ended up somewhere useful. Sadly only one in five or six of these concepts I am speaking of end up where we would want them to. Which is not bad since the ideas are intresting but a bit of a mental puzzle.

This new project of his could be useable as a context if the device did not look like glass from a flower vase used by interior designers.

That said I do like the context of this new project of his.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Yes Jon, very disturbing. New age woo woo is still very much alive. Let's hope he doesn't reach his greedy target and people save their money.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Whats the level of greedyness getting 15.ooo$ against the level of greedyness getting billions of $?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12254 Posts

Profile of John C
Sounds like the free market at work. It's great isn't it? It's how performers stay in business too. A little different for everyone. Some like this and some like that.

J
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
No doubt there are some Café members who will be very interested in investing in this product. After all, none of the pseudo-skeptics have been able to prove it doesn't work and none of you mentalists have been able to duplicate its power. Therefore it has to be real.
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Indulge me... "Pseudo sceptics" implies an organised group. The name sounds like it comes from the Greek pseudos (falsehood) and skepticos (one who doubts), meaning a group of people deliberately pretending to doubt. That's some conspiracy! Is there any evidence for it, or is it simply a glib term of abuse?
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Well, I learned that if YOU can not debunk it or explain it scientifically it has to be paranormal..

=> so the conspiracy of pseudo sceptics has to be paranormal !
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Quote:
On 2013-08-04 19:22, backinblack wrote:
Well, I learned that if YOU can not debunk it or explain it scientifically it has to be paranormal..

=> so the conspiracy of pseudo sceptics has to be paranormal !

Ah, the hand of Mr Konig ranges far abroad...
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
That page and this thread are both hilarious. "Invented"... lol Smile
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17672 Posts

Profile of Slim King
The proof is in the pudding. Dave, from California say's it works just fine!!!!!

They are already selling knock offs of this fantastic invention. I think it will be great in one of my Telepathy Experiments.

Perhaps some of you need this too.....
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Ajoite-Infused-M......46cac790
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Set it on the watchlist.. a must have !

but I guess it can just be the beginning.. think about the possibilities (on stage?) if you once mastered the timing of the transformation:

http://www.ebay.de/itm/111123084247?ssPa......23.l2649
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1961 Posts

Profile of David Numen
What's disturbing exactly? I don't get the problem - people are free to make their own mind up about it. You might not like it but that's life.
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 12:30, David Numen wrote:
What's disturbing exactly? I don't get the problem - people are free to make their own mind up about it. You might not like it but that's life.

What is disturbing is that when some people make up their minds about stuff like this, they may decide that the claims made by this marketer have merit. I hope you are not arguing that ignorance is a positive thing for society.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
Is that the bottom of a beer bottle? Yes, I’ll bet he CAN see many things!

Seriously, tokens or totems or “points of contact” do have a benefit if only by inducing the user to access parts of his mind that might otherwise go dormant. Unfortunately, I won’t be using this “amazing” device. I already have a rock with a hole in it. Smile
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 16:42, DWRackley wrote:
Is that the bottom of a beer bottle? Yes, I’ll bet he CAN see many things!

Seriously, tokens or totems or “points of contact” do have a benefit if only by inducing the user to access parts of his mind that might otherwise go dormant. Unfortunately, I won’t be using this “amazing” device. I already have a rock with a hole in it. Smile

Exactly. You wanna focus your thoughts, stare into space. Stare at the back of your hand or the bowl of a spoon. Don't waste your money on a black acrylic (or whatever) disc that cost $15000 of misguided cash to develop and market - Jeez.

People can buy what they want but when someone sell a product to the ignorant or misguided or the desparate then that's so very wrong on so many levels.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
To play devil's advocate here, what are any of you guys gonna do about it?

I don't like it, but will say I intend on doing absolutely zilch about it, got other things to be getting on with...

however - that's cos I don't care that much to be honest...so for those that do, I'm curious as to what you might do about this? cos talking about this on here will do nothing...

please don't read the above in a snappy/angry tone...its just that I find these threads futile in a "down with this sort of thing" kind of way...and I'm curious if anyone genuinely cares enough to try and do something about it...
I've asked to be banned
Smoking Camel
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1041 Posts

Profile of Smoking Camel
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 12:49, Randwill wrote:
Quote:

What is disturbing is that when some people make up their minds about stuff like this, they may decide that the claims made by this marketer have merit. I hope you are not arguing that ignorance is a positive thing for society.

they may decide that the claims made by this marketer have merit............ ****BIG LOGICAL LEAP POWERED BY PSUEDO SKEPTIC NONSENSE*****..... I hope you are not arguing that ignorance is a positive thing for society.
I no longer smoke camel cigarettes.
dmkraig
View Profile
Inner circle
1949 Posts

Profile of dmkraig
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 12:49, Randwill wrote:
Quote:

What's disturbing to me is that "The Smurfs 2" has already grossed over 100 million in just the U.S. This rock is child's play. It's nothing.

In Joe Rinn's classic book, "Sixty Years of Psychical Research," he claims that Houdini never went after any difficult cases of fake psychics, only some obvious ones, and left the challenging ones to him (Rinn). Now, that may be nothing but bluster, but when I see people getting their panties in a bunch over what some "psychic" may earn giving people comfort or selling shiny rocks when compared to what politicians, bankers, big pharma, and others do that hurts thousands of people, I see all this complaints as jokes. If you really want to help people, do it where it might accomplish something.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Interesting and yet disturbing on a number of levels (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.17 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL