The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Interesting and yet disturbing on a number of levels (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1961 Posts

Profile of David Numen
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 12:49, Randwill wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 12:30, David Numen wrote:
What's disturbing exactly? I don't get the problem - people are free to make their own mind up about it. You might not like it but that's life.

What is disturbing is that when some people make up their minds about stuff like this, they may decide that the claims made by this marketer have merit. I hope you are not arguing that ignorance is a positive thing for society.

But who are you or indeed anyone else on this board to decide that it's wrong or indeed ignorant?
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:

People can buy what they want but when someone sell a product to the ignorant or misguided or the desparate then that's so very wrong on so many levels.

yeah - down with these wedding-ring sellers !!!
Randwill
View Profile
Inner circle
1915 Posts

Profile of Randwill
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 17:44, David Numen wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 12:49, Randwill wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-05 12:30, David Numen wrote:
What's disturbing exactly? I don't get the problem - people are free to make their own mind up about it. You might not like it but that's life.

What is disturbing is that when some people make up their minds about stuff like this, they may decide that the claims made by this marketer have merit. I hope you are not arguing that ignorance is a positive thing for society.

But who are you or indeed anyone else on this board to decide that it's wrong or indeed ignorant?

I don't have to be anyone special to believe that something is wrong. It's my personal moral judgement. You, me and everybody else make such judgements all the time and some of us express them to each other in person and on message boards.

As far as others making poor choices due to ignorance, that's not something I decided, that's something you, me and everybody else on this board see people do all the time.
Ben Harris
View Profile
V.I.P.
The Land Down Under
2116 Posts

Profile of Ben Harris
The human race has amused itself to death.

BH
+Inventor of the world famous Floating Match+
+Author: Machinations (Vanishing Inc, 2020)+
EVERYTHING BEN HARRIS
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
One born every minute !!!
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
DWRackley
View Profile
Inner circle
Chattanooga, TN
1909 Posts

Profile of DWRackley
What am I going to do about it? Well, the answer is obvious. I’m going to start manufacturing these in other colors. Obviously he’s done no scientific research or he’d know that black ABSORBS all energy; therefore these things are patently useless.

HOWEVER, if you have a complete set of SEVEN, in colors matching the different chakra levels, well then you’d have a full spectrum healing/communication/transcendence machine that would bring in money and power and goodwill from all corners of the multiverse and women would adore you, men would fear you, and dogs would follow you home. Or not.
...what if I could read your mind?

Chattanooga's Premier Mentalist

Donatelli and Company at ChattanoogaPerformers.com

also on FaceBook
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2780 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2013-08-04 11:35, backinblack wrote:
So what? religion is a multi-billion$ market.. what do they offer for information that their product works out?

market of pure belief is the coolest..

Tell me where your mom lives and I'd love to bilk her out of her entire life savings, just need to do some cold reading on her and get her to believe my spill!! That wouldn't matter to you just as these little rocks don't either, eh?
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17670 Posts

Profile of Slim King
What's the difference between this and the Rosary?
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
C.J.
View Profile
Inner circle
There's a lotta rambling in my
2366 Posts

Profile of C.J.
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 01:10, Slim King wrote:

The rosary is a mnemonic device. This is a giant melted glob of liquorice. The rosary doesn't make itself out to be a scientific breakthrough in thought transmission based on crystalline "I found this cool black circle in my backyard, I'm going to sell it for $15000" principles.
Connor Jacobs - The Thought Sculptor
Mundus vult decipi, ergo decipiatur
Be fondly remembered.
yachanin
View Profile
Inner circle
Cleveland, OH
2084 Posts

Profile of yachanin
Hi All,

It looks like the bottom of a beer bottle. Now, anyone who has made it to the bottom of a beer bottle would have their mind altered to some degree, so maybe he's on to something Smile

Regards, Steve
David Numen
View Profile
Inner circle
1961 Posts

Profile of David Numen
How dare anyone have a different belief, eh? How do you guys cope with the various religions? Do you sit on Church doorsteps glowering at people?

Just because you don't like it and don't believe it doesn't mean that it doesn't serve a useful purpose for someone.
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 03:28, David Numen wrote:
How dare anyone have a different belief, eh? How do you guys cope with the various religions? Do you sit on Church doorsteps glowering at people?

Just because you don't like it and don't believe it doesn't mean that it doesn't serve a useful purpose for someone.

...the fact that those that do buy it (should it be funded) will be conned. Yes a few people may get benefit, at what cost? The guy is ripping people off with a round piece of black '********'.
I would love to see this guys research notes and how the composition of the material was developed and tested. I don't think it'll ever happen and we all know why.

I did try to leave a comment on the website but I got the message "You must contribute to a campaign to make a public comment". No point in making a private comment but I'm not going to contribute to leave a public comment.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 00:04, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
So what? religion is a multi-billion$ market.. what do they offer for information that their product works out?

Tell me where your mom lives and I'd love to bilk her out of her entire life savings, just need to do some cold reading on her and get her to believe my spill!! That wouldn't matter to you just as these little rocks don't either, eh?

seems to me like you are really talented.. well, my mom is buried at a graveyard near hamburg/germany.. if you made it to convince her with your amazing cold-reading skills please drop me a mail..
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 01:36, C.J. wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 01:10, Slim King wrote:

The rosary is a mnemonic device. This is a giant melted glob of liquorice. The rosary doesn't make itself out to be a scientific breakthrough in thought transmission based on crystalline "I found this cool black circle in my backyard, I'm going to sell it for $15000" principles.

he was talking to me from heaven - from gods kingdom.. a mircale happended *halleluja* I will praise the lord with my money.. they need so many billions of $ - I will sacrify my little amount of as much as I can give for their holy struggle against homosexuells and all the other bad guys.. *amen*
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2780 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 07:45, backinblack wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 00:04, lunatik wrote:
Quote:

seems to me like you are really talented.. well, my mom is buried at a graveyard near hamburg/germany.. if you made it to convince her with your amazing cold-reading skills please drop me a mail..

Ok, your wife will do then
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Not only talented but also flexible.. I am really impressed..

oki doki - if you are as good as you write: just go for any person and get her entire life savings with your amazing cold reading skills.. do something the best psychics would have really problems with due to their (relatively) limited cold reading abilities.. crossing fingers for you that it works out fine cause otherwise you would be just somebody who tells about skills he has but does not have..
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
All the nonsense aside, this project is a pernicious leech on the gullible. As people who are supposed to know the difference between entertainment and a con, it's interesting to see how many think it's actually fine.
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 08:33, Jon_Thompson wrote:
All the nonsense aside, this project is a pernicious leech on the gullible. As people who are supposed to know the difference between entertainment and a con, it's interesting to see how many think it's actually fine.

well, the one I bought for only 13.999 $ at ebay works fine..
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2780 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 08:28, backinblack wrote:
Not only talented but also flexible.. I am really impressed..

oki doki - if you are as good as you write: just go for any person and get her entire life savings with your amazing cold reading skills.. do something the best psychics would have really problems with due to their (relatively) limited cold reading abilities.. crossing fingers for you that it works out fine cause otherwise you would be just somebody who tells about skills he has but does not have..

So in other words, you wouldn't care lol
Slim King
View Profile
Eternal Order
Orlando
17670 Posts

Profile of Slim King
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 03:28, David Numen wrote:

It must be a busy day for the pseudo-skeptics running from church to church with their anti-paranormal pamphlets ...
THE MAN THE SKEPTICS REFUSE TO TEST FOR ONE MILLION DOLLARS.. The Worlds Foremost Authority on Houdini's Life after Death.....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Interesting and yet disturbing on a number of levels (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.23 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL