The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Interesting and yet disturbing on a number of levels (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 08:33, Jon_Thompson wrote:
All the nonsense aside, this project is a pernicious leech on the gullible. As people who are supposed to know the difference between entertainment and a con, it's interesting to see how many think it's actually fine.

But what good does discussing it here do mate?

Serves no purpose as far as I can see...

Someone could start up a campaign, any number of things
I've asked to be banned
kinesis
View Profile
Inner circle
Scotland, surrounded by
2701 Posts

Profile of kinesis
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 09:33, IAIN wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 08:33, Jon_Thompson wrote:
All the nonsense aside, this project is a pernicious leech on the gullible. As people who are supposed to know the difference between entertainment and a con, it's interesting to see how many think it's actually fine.

But what good does discussing it here do mate?

Serves no purpose as far as I can see...

Someone could start up a campaign, any number of things

Like James Randi did with JREF. Look at the **** he has to put up with. Yet he continues to educate thousands of people via his website. Everything from homeopathy to ear candles to psychics is dicussed and debunked.
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein

FACEBOOK
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18816 Posts

Profile of IAIN
Just saying that posting "oooh nasty" on here doesn't do anything positive...

Or does it?
I've asked to be banned
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 09:02, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 08:28, backinblack wrote:
Not only talented but also flexible.. I am really impressed..

oki doki - if you are as good as you write: just go for any person and get her entire life savings with your amazing cold reading skills.. do something the best psychics would have really problems with due to their (relatively) limited cold reading abilities.. crossing fingers for you that it works out fine cause otherwise you would be just somebody who tells about skills he has but does not have..

So in other words, you wouldn't care lol

no, in other words: "I'd love to bilk her out of her entire life savings, just need to do some cold reading on her and get her to believe my spill!!" is something that does not work.. so the assumption for your big warning due to the big danger is just hot air - and so the big danger.. at least it only shows once: you claim to have skills you do not have..
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 09:05, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 03:28, David Numen wrote:
How dare anyone have a different belief, eh? How do you guys cope with the various religions? Do you sit on Church doorsteps glowering at people?

Just because you don't like it and don't believe it doesn't mean that it doesn't serve a useful purpose for someone.
It must be a busy day for the pseudo-skeptics running from church to church with their anti-paranormal pamphlets ...

These would be people who pretend not to believe but secretly do, yes? To what end?
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 09:05, Slim King wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 03:28, David Numen wrote:
How dare anyone have a different belief, eh? How do you guys cope with the various religions? Do you sit on Church doorsteps glowering at people?

Just because you don't like it and don't believe it doesn't mean that it doesn't serve a useful purpose for someone.
It must be a busy day for the pseudo-skeptics running from church to church with their anti-paranormal pamphlets ...

not neccessary.. the churches allready warn their customers not to go to their competitors.. Smile
Wizzard
View Profile
Veteran user
322 Posts

Profile of Wizzard
Probably needs a new car? Follow the money trail!
JMN
It's never the wand, it's always the magician
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2783 Posts

Profile of lunatik
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 10:46, backinblack wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

oki doki - if you are as good as you write: just go for any person and get her entire life savings with your amazing cold reading skills.. do something the best psychics would have really problems with due to their (relatively) limited cold reading abilities.. crossing fingers for you that it works out fine cause otherwise you would be just somebody who tells about skills he has but does not have..

no, in other words: "I'd love to bilk her out of her entire life savings, just need to do some cold reading on her and get her to believe my spill!!" is something that does not work.. so the assumption for your big warning due to the big danger is just hot air - and so the big danger.. at least it only shows once: you claim to have skills you do not have..

Try again!
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 14:31, lunatik wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 10:46, backinblack wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Try again!

try what? try to "bilk her out of her entire life savings, just need to do some cold reading on her and get her to believe my spill!!"? well that's something only you can do I guess - you can what you claimed, can´t you?

if you can not: try again: what did you want to say? maybe describing a much smaller danger due to psychics and cold readers?
lunatik
View Profile
Inner circle
2783 Posts

Profile of lunatik
English must not be your native language.
"Don't let your Dreams become Fantasies"
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Quote:
On 2013-08-06 16:50, lunatik wrote:
English must not be your native language.

ah oki understand: you do not like the content so you focus on the form..
geggy
View Profile
Veteran user
Brighton UK
309 Posts

Profile of geggy
So...........any reviews yet!!!!!!!!!!!!!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Interesting and yet disturbing on a number of levels (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.48 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL