The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ryan Schlutz: Miracles Without Moves (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
I am so happy to be promoted because of my
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
I can do a really good two Card Monte which has some moves. Are those level of moves needed for these tricks
There Is No Revolution Without Evolution
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
512 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
TCB: If you do two card monte I would consider that advance in comparison to MWM.

Ryan
sgtgrey
View Profile
Special user
Austin, TX
839 Posts

Profile of sgtgrey
I'm trying to think back to the effects, and as far as I can think - there are some "moves" but nothing like a real "sleight" I can remember. Sort of like a nonchalant cut of the deck after spreading the cards being considered a "move." If you can hold a break, spread cards, and deal cards, etc. you should be just fine. There's nothing in here a complete beginner should have problems with move-wise. It's more about being able to sell the presentation.

That said, this DVD, along with the other BBM Self-working discs, rocks! I've had a blast playing with the ideas and even coming up with some stuff on my own using the ideas here. It is definitely rock solid and worth watching if you are a card guy. Smile
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
Thanks Mr. Schultz. When I get a little straight from Christmas. I will be getting your DVD. I do 2 card Monte and Chicago Opener. No really hard slights in those, but I am really working hard constantly working out my hands doing all the false cuts I know, trying to get my hands really familiar with the deck of cards It's kind of late in life to be starting in magic, but I realy am so excited, and having a good time. I think the presentation part should come pretty easy to me sgtgrey. I am a performer already.I'm a lead vocalist, and have been fronting Rock bands for many years. That should give me a leg up on the performing part. I got so embaressed today. I tried a little silk hankie vanish to a co-worker, and he said I know you had something on your thumb. I said why do you say that? He said that thumb looked kinda blue. I held the hand as I was instructed with the TT pointed straight toiwards him, and I was back a ways. I think maybe the blue of the silk actually showed through the vernet. I guess that's the growing pains we all go through in this art form in the beginning Smile
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
I can't do anything anymore but pracice card slights. I am practicing my classic pass. over and over. The problem is I can't do that and concentrate on the movie I'm watching
videoman
View Profile
Inner circle
6750 Posts

Profile of videoman
Quote:
On 2014-01-06 17:53, TCB wrote:
Thanks Mr. Schultz. When I get a little straight from Christmas. I will be getting your DVD. I do 2 card Monte and Chicago Opener. No really hard slights in those, but I am really working hard constantly working out my hands doing all the false cuts I know, trying to get my hands really familiar with the deck of cards It's kind of late in life to be starting in magic, but I realy am so excited, and having a good time. I think the presentation part should come pretty easy to me sgtgrey. I am a performer already.I'm a lead vocalist, and have been fronting Rock bands for many years. That should give me a leg up on the performing part. I got so embaressed today. I tried a little silk hankie vanish to a co-worker, and he said I know you had something on your thumb. I said why do you say that? He said that thumb looked kinda blue. I held the hand as I was instructed with the TT pointed straight toiwards him, and I was back a ways. I think maybe the blue of the silk actually showed through the vernet. I guess that's the growing pains we all go through in this art form in the beginning Smile

TCB, dark silks can cause that to happen. I always use red for that very reason. Red looks best for my coloring. Experiment and see what works best for you.
TCB
View Profile
Loyal user
210 Posts

Profile of TCB
I wanted to edit my last post and say that I actualy can practice, while watching a movie, once muscle memory kicks in. When you do it over and over lots of times, you don't even have to think about it anymore. I find that I pick up card slights pretty quickly. Good manual dexteity I suppose. I guess that's a good thing. So much to learn, where to start? So far worked on multiple card lifts, top changes, false cuts, elmsly count, classic pass. I said I pick up slights pretty easy, but I am having a little trouble with card fans @ video man, thanks for that tip
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Ryan Schlutz: Miracles Without Moves (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.01 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL