We Remember The Magic Café We Remember
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Spin display production (coins on edge) (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Hi,
I'm having a problem with Kainoa's spin display production from CoE. Appologies if the following is long winded. Using my left hand as in the manuscript, I am fine up to where the thumb is free, the displayed coin is clipped between index and middle finger (having done a quarter turn towards me) and the concealed coin is clipped between middle and ring fingers.If I bring the my thumb UNDER the concealed coin, turning it over onto my finger pads, I can't get the displayed coin to contact it and end up gripped between my index finger and thumb without turning it (the displayed coin) back in the other direction (towards me). The picture 7.3 shows the displayed coin on top of the index finger, so how did it get there from beneath that finger (does it somehow keep turning in the same direction and go across the nails to end up on the top (thumb side) of the index finger then onto the pad? It's just the direction of the spin display seems the wrong way to me in order to complete this move using the index finger to catch the coins (you could use the middle finger by pulling the index finger out from between the coins and letting them snap together that way).
Hope this makes sense to someone.
Thanks
Shanester
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
It really makes sense to me when I just looked at figure 7.3. Wow....this is why you shouldn't do black and white graphics. If you ignore the text, the coin appears to be precariously balanced on top of the index finger....it's not. You're seeing the reflection of the middle finger in the surface of the clipped coin and thinking it's the index finger. The index finger is really behind the coin (exactly where I say it is but didn't bother to get a good picture of).

Sorry for the frustration. I can see why you must wonder how the heck a coin could even stay in that position, let alone be acquired from it. I guess I should take it as a compliment that you think I could do that.....Good luck with the move......
Full Effect
View Profile
Loyal user
Los Angeles
257 Posts

Profile of Full Effect
Hahaha

Hey Kainoa even you almost belived you did that when I pointed that out to you at LVMI.
"Running water never becomes stale, so keep flowing" - Immortal Dragon Bruce Lee
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
Hey I'm easy to convince when it's a display of my own prowess....as well as unable to remember exactly how I described the mechanics in the text due to a lack of sleep.....
shanester
View Profile
Loyal user
Darlington, England
267 Posts

Profile of shanester
Kainoa, I get it!
I'll admit that I did think that there was some mad trick that I was missing, or that the photo was a split second slow shutter snap. Now it is all clear. I see from the final paragraph describing this in CoE that the displayed coin does change direction with the second coin hitting it.
Thanks a lot
Shanester
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
Yes, it's easy now....lol. I was just trying to balance that coin and it's a pain in the butt....
mystre71
View Profile
Inner circle
martinsburg west virginia
1687 Posts

Profile of mystre71
You mean to tell me I didn't have to learn how to balance that coin on my finger? I knew I shouldn't have try to learn from the pictures...LOL Smile

Just kidding I didn't even notice the picture until now. Smile

Joe
Walk around coin box work check it out here https://www.magicalmystries.com/products
Kainoa
View Profile
Elite user
NewArk, Delaware
424 Posts

Profile of Kainoa
I've been practicing this balancing effect with a jumbo coin, but it's pretty tough....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Spin display production (coins on edge) (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.1 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL