The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Christian Cagigal's "Now and a the Hour" in Minneapolis (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

StPaulMagician222
View Profile
Regular user
Saint Paul, MN (Cathedral Hill)
104 Posts

Profile of StPaulMagician222
Greeting Fellow Magus,

I had the delightful opportinity to see Christian Cagigal's "Now and at The Hour" last night at the MPLS Fringe Festival. His style is very personable and direct mixing
stories from his personal life in an raw ungaurded fashion and using a metronome and an hour glass to create moments in tme, taking us backwards and forwards
through that somewhat flexible continuum. (At least in Christian's Reality)

It was much different from what I expected- having seen hints of his program through the OBSCURUM video's that he has shared with us in the Spooky Forum.
His use of the spectrascope as a way to see back into a spectators past by having them re-live memories and special events in their lifes is a very hands on way to involve
the participant in a process that you can see touches them very deeply and allows them to experience memories that they have probably not thought of for years, or possibly
never for that matter.

His personal story is touching as he relives some of the childhood pain, being the son of a Vietnam Veteran that returns from the war disabled and presents a "Dark Museum Style" routine
using articles that his father returned home with from the War and the prediction revealed on the back of a picture of his father that had been in full view since the begining.

Through the 'Magic' of the Café', I was able to get a personal message to him so I had the opportunity to share a glass of wine after the show and talk 'shop'. What a warm nice Guy!
There is something very special being able to talk with another Bizarrist that speaks your language by sharing idea's, gossip and performance tips which is a rare thing in this part of the country.

The 4 (non-magical) friends I brought with me couldn't stop talking about his performance and it was a treat to listen to them trying to backtrack and reconstruct to no avail. His misdirection
and forces were flawless and would make David Hoy proud with his gutsyness and once again proves that the standards of our Art still hold up. His staging and scripting are very clean- as a
mentalist's routine should be as he eliminated all the non-moments as each routine flawlessly transitioned into the next. He definitely left us wanting more!

If you live in Minneapolis, He has 2 performances left at the James Sewell Ballet Tek Box at the Cowles Center at 528 Hennepin Ave- 2nd floor on Thursday August 8 at 7PM
and also Satursay August 10 at 10PM. If you are near the area, do yourself a favor and check out his show! I am hoping that they add 1 more performance to his stay at the FRINGE.
You also can reserve tickets by calling 866 811-4111
"One can't believe in Impossible things" said Alice.
"I dare say" said the Queen, "Why when I was your age I believed more than 6 impossible things before breakfast.
-Thru the Looking Glass- L.E. Carol
Brynmore13
View Profile
Elite user
Australia
485 Posts

Profile of Brynmore13
Thanks for the review.
All is perceived through the gate of the mind.
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Great review, thanks for taking the time.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Profile of christiancagigal
Thank you St Paul Mag! It was wonderful meeting you too! And, thank you for bringing friends and giving the show such a glowing review on the Fringe site.
"Besides the known and the unknown, what else is there?"-Harold Pinter
www.christiancagigal.com
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
543 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Thanks for the review. Mr. Cagigal is a great performer with a unique style that I enjoy a lot (haven't seen him live just videos.) He is also very nice to talk with.
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
He came to GGG this year and got a standing ovation
Eddie Garland
View Profile
Inner circle
Hells Kitchen, New York City
4207 Posts

Profile of Eddie Garland
Huge Cagigal fan here!
illusioneer
View Profile
Special user
NYC
752 Posts

Profile of illusioneer
Oh that fateful night, Eddie. Memories.....
Things are about to change........ LIGHTS!!!
christiancagigal
View Profile
Special user
SF Bay Area
625 Posts

Profile of christiancagigal
Heeheeheehee Smile
"Besides the known and the unknown, what else is there?"-Harold Pinter
www.christiancagigal.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » Christian Cagigal's "Now and a the Hour" in Minneapolis (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL