The Magic Caf
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Help (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Young Buck
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Young Buck
I am looking to take my card magic from beginner/intermediate to intermediate/advanced and was wondering if buying Vernons Inner card Trilogy, Cardially Yours, Close Up Card Magic, and Expert At The Card Table would be a good place to start. I know this is a lot of material, but I want to hear your guys opinions. Thanks.
mlippo
View Profile
Inner circle
Trieste (Italy)
1182 Posts

Profile of mlippo
Try and be more precise about your current level: what have you read so far? What can you actually do?

mlippo
Bulla
View Profile
Special user
Honolulu, HI
673 Posts

Profile of Bulla
All those books are excellent choices. But depending on how well versed you are in card magic at the moment, you might want to invest in the Card College Series.
Jmolomagic
View Profile
Veteran user
Victorville
332 Posts

Profile of Jmolomagic
Card college is a great way to learn or revisit the fundamentals. It definitely taught me to perform what I already know correctly. Also John G's One Degree! Great card magic and essays. The essays were valuable for me to find what direction I wanted to take my magic and how to improve myself as a magician.
Jonathan Molo
360-989-6602
www.JonathanMolo.com
Harry Lorayne
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York City
8557 Posts

Profile of Harry Lorayne
Doubt whether this will help your thinking, but - copying from an adjacent thread: ---

Inner circle

There's a kind of "freshness" to Harry's books. I believed it's due to his easy-going accessible style. AND attention to detail (picky-ness). It seems Harry self-edits as he's writing and brings the understanding of his knowledge down to OUR (the average person's) level.

My FIRST Magic book was Close-up Card Magic. I purchased it when I was sixteen---over forty years ago. It has served me well for dazzling family, friends and associates for many years. NOW I have Classic Collection, as well as my original CCM, and reading through it is like reading CCM anew. Harry's teaching is the BEST.

Another (BIG) thing: Harry ALWAYS makes you feel that YOU can do ANYTHING he teaches. And it's true.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
TH
[email]harrylorayne@earthlink.net[/email]

http://www.harrylorayne.com
http://www.harryloraynemagic.com
Young Buck
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Young Buck
I have a smooth double lift, pass, know may false shuffles, pretty good at stacking the deck. I have watched Darwin Ortizs dvd set, and read Arthur Buckleys CArd Control. Thank you guys for your insight. Any other recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27251 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
What material have you gotten working that your audiences like and ask to see for repeat performances?
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Young Buck
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Young Buck
My audiences have loved the Ultimate Card Shark and The Unholy Three by Darwin Ortiz and Think Touch Turn and My Favorite Opener by Bill Malone.
Bulla
View Profile
Special user
Honolulu, HI
673 Posts

Profile of Bulla
I would suggest Best of Friends Vol. 1-3 by Harry Lorayne. One of my favorite books on card magic.
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27251 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I'm impressed. If you can play that material for audiences - may as well go straight to the Hofzinser material in his Card Conjuring book and go on to wherever your audiences lead you.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
Young Buck
View Profile
New user
24 Posts

Profile of Young Buck
Thank you guys for all your help. John, I am not familiar with that book, would you reccomend it? Thanks. Anyone elses thought on that book would be great too.
bidbid
View Profile
New user
83 Posts

Profile of bidbid
Card Conjuring by Hofzinser it's the place you want to begin.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The workers » » Help (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2023 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.02 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL