The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Similar effects to sanctum, btl etc (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Hallo guys,
does anybody know similar effects to sanctum from outlaw effects or betwen the lines by Michael murray?

greetz
WitchesHat
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of WitchesHat
Similar in what way?
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
12245 Posts

Profile of John C
Fits in the wallet? Mentalism? Book tests? same creators? both effects?

Magician's helping Magicians need more information. What'ya think, we're mind readers?
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1880 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
He probably means in theme, or tone.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12245 Posts

Profile of John C
Do we have to figure that out? Is this part of our initiation?
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Yes, john c: good mindreading - it is about mentalism.. initiation well done - welcome to the club..

I was reffering to the principle.. using verbal influence e.g. to lead the spectator to something more complex than a card e.g. (like content of torn page or picture e.g.) he did not see in advance..
Richard Doyle
View Profile
Regular user
Maryland
125 Posts

Profile of Richard Doyle
Quote:
On 2013-08-07 12:17, backinblack wrote:
Hallo guys,
does anybody know similar effects to sanctum from outlaw effects or betwen the lines by Michael murray?

greetz

I think this is what your looking for
http://mentalvoyage.com/index.htm
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Yes, it is this direction.. thanks..

does anybody know some effects more related to scenarios/storys? that's what is so cool about sanctum and between the lines..
WitchesHat
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of WitchesHat
Bizarre magic. Look below inner thoughts and sleepy.
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Thanks for the hint..

what I meant is effects more related to project scenarios/storys on the spectator.. it is fine to send him the thought of a card with its 2 elements (spade and 7 e.g.).. it is more impressing from my point of view to project him a scenario like a picture of a room with its different elements like at sanctum or the scenrio of a cinema like at between the lines.. hope that helps to understand what I mean..
Stephen Young
View Profile
Inner circle
Thought Illusions
3934 Posts

Profile of Stephen Young
Till Death is well worth a look.
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Thanks - what author?
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
544 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
Quote:
On 2013-08-07 15:41, backinblack wrote:
Thanks - what author?

Jim Critchlow
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
backinblack
View Profile
Special user
891 Posts

Profile of backinblack
Thanks for the advice.. this seems to be a 1 picture (card) is choosen from a lot and the performer predicted which one will be choosen effect.. definately good effect..

anyhow: what I am looking for is something like: the spectator is creating the picture in his mind piece by piece (forming the different elements of the scenario) while he has not seen the picture (scenario of elements) before or read the page (scenario of elements) before.. the performer only verbally influences the spectator.. something similar to sanctum or between the lines.. maybe this kind of effect only was realized in these effects.. don´t know..
Art Vanderlay
View Profile
Special user
All I Read Was Corinda And Now I Have
642 Posts

Profile of Art Vanderlay
Iain has something similar to this, I am not sure if he has published it but I remember a few of us discussing it on another forum.

Cheers
Art
THE MAN WHO CONTROLS THE ELEMENTS!
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5941 Posts

Profile of george1953
I use Till Death all the time, it is my never leave home without it effect. You should also have a look at Hes not there.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
12245 Posts

Profile of John C
Quote:
On 2013-08-07 14:49, backinblack wrote:
Yes, john c: good mindreading - it is about mentalism.. initiation well done - welcome to the club..

I was reffering to the principle.. using verbal influence e.g. to lead the spectator to something more complex than a card e.g. (like content of torn page or picture e.g.) he did not see in advance..

O. I'm glad I got it right.
Demitri
View Profile
Loyal user
287 Posts

Profile of Demitri
Check out Phill Smith's Mitox - he has an effect in there called Atypical, which I think you would find right in line with the effects you mentioned. Here's a description of the effect (taken from the website):

Two spectators are each given a sealed envelope labelled only with the word Party, each of which contains a photograph of a party. With no further clues, each is able to describe the kind of party shown in the photograph, and even details such as decoration and the outfits of the guests. Remember, they genuinely do not see the photographs, each photograph is different, the helpers are not stooged and there is no preshow work. This effect combines the imagination of the audience members with the ingenuity of a unique principle to produce a great new effect.

The rest of the book is incredible, as well. This is just one of the many gems you'll find in it.
WitchesHat
View Profile
Regular user
155 Posts

Profile of WitchesHat
Quote:
On 2013-08-07 15:30, backinblack wrote:
Thanks for the hint..

Sorry wasn't being sarcy, I assumed you knew of the bizarre section, but at the same time what you seemed to be asking for was specifically bizarre magic.
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Corfu, Greece
611 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
I've seen Steve Murray perform a really nice effect a couple of times, where the spectators deduce the details of a murder victim, such as name, place of murder, mode of death and even name and distinguishing features of the deceased.
Unfortunately, I don't know the name of the effect, or if it has been released, but I think the idea is very good.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Similar effects to sanctum, btl etc (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.49 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL