The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Burning the paper (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

neemdog
View Profile
Loyal user
231 Posts

Profile of neemdog
Hey all--I've been doing a center tear for a while with a peek, but I really want to "destroy the evidence" by burning the torn up pieces in an ash tray. For some reason, the paper will only burn slightly before going out. There is no breeze blowing it out--the paper just won't stay lit. I've used three types of paper (normal printer paper included) and tried a lighter and matches. I know that one of those long torch lighters would help, but that's a bit dramatic to be carrying around. It feels like silly problem but I've been at it for hours with no luck. Any recommendations?
PhilDean
View Profile
Elite user
445 Posts

Profile of PhilDean
F***h p***r. Richard Osterlind has a wonderful tip and s****h based on this. That's if you really want to 'destroy the evidence'...
Experimentalist
View Profile
Veteran user
355 Posts

Profile of Experimentalist
A little lighter fluid in the ashtray?
Andre Hagen
View Profile
Inner circle
1433 Posts

Profile of Andre Hagen
Carry a few alcohol wipes...those little alcohol-soaked squares for diabetics packaged singly and available at your local drug store.

Set the torn bits on one of those in an ashtray and it should do the job.

Andre
Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one - Albert Einstein
Steven Keyl
View Profile
Inner circle
Washington, D.C.
2578 Posts

Profile of Steven Keyl
Another reason it may not be burning is that you may be squeezing the pieces together very tightly. In that case, there isn't as much air available to feed the fire. Try holding the pieces loosely enough to allow enough air between the pieces to feed the flame.
Steven Keyl - The Human Whisperer!

Come visit Magic Book Report.com!

"If you ever find yourself on the side of the majority, it is time to pause, and reflect." --Mark Twain
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Burning the paper (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL