The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ASCENSION by Steve Fearson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
pegasus
View Profile
Inner circle
United Kingdom
8054 Posts

Profile of pegasus
So it's a video clip rather than a still photo?
Misophoniac
View Profile
New user
Building a fence & still not done after
98 Posts

Profile of Misophoniac
OK, the video got me interested again. I was under the impression that this effect would be for still images only.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Holy cow... That looked fantastic
J-Mac
View Profile
Inner circle
Ridley Park, PA
5304 Posts

Profile of J-Mac
I don’t believe it can be shown in real time; only photos or videos. Cute toy... not anything I would call magic.

Jim
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-09-20 17:45, Chad Sanborn wrote:
I don't think this is a magic trick per se. But rather a clever piece that can be done as sort of a marketing ploy. You do a show for people then afterwards take photos of them levitating. This would be great with a Polaroid camera. Though if I was using it as a marketing ploy, I would set up a spot where it really looked like they were levitating in the air for photos. Like a small pedestal they could step onto that looked like it was floating.


I did the pre-order for $10 because I thought this would be fun to do at a family reunion at Christmas. I'd just attach their photo in an e-mail to them. A clever performer/entrepreneur could do what Chad is suggesting. People are always looking to pose, stick their in things, etc. for photos. Floating would be a fun memento.

It's 22 pages and well written, explained. Considering the popularity of apps ( which this is not ) for doing amusing/amazing/funny things, this does an end run letting you do it with their camera, so "app" will not be thought of ( they know what options on their phones ).
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-10-04 21:05, Zombie Magic wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-09-20 17:45, Chad Sanborn wrote:
I don't think this is a magic trick per se. But rather a clever piece that can be done as sort of a marketing ploy. You do a show for people then afterwards take photos of them levitating. This would be great with a Polaroid camera. Though if I was using it as a marketing ploy, I would set up a spot where it really looked like they were levitating in the air for photos. Like a small pedestal they could step onto that looked like it was floating.


I did the pre-order for $10 because I thought this would be fun to do at a family reunion at Christmas. I'd just attach their photo in an e-mail to them. A clever performer/entrepreneur could do what Chad is suggesting. People are always looking to pose, stick their in things, etc. for photos. Floating would be a fun memento.

It's 22 pages and well written, explained. Considering the popularity of apps ( which this is not ) for doing amusing/amazing/funny things, this does an end run letting you do it with their camera, so "app" will not be thought of ( they know what options on their phones ).



So the method is solid and can be videoed as the demo showed?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I didn't try it with video as I got it for one specific reason ( fun pictures with family at a reunion ).
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-10-04 21:49, Zombie Magic wrote:
I didn't try it with video as I got it for one specific reason ( fun pictures with family at a reunion ).


But it WOULD work -in theory- on video?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
Quote:
On 2013-10-04 22:00, Magic.Maddy wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-10-04 21:49, Zombie Magic wrote:
I didn't try it with video as I got it for one specific reason ( fun pictures with family at a reunion ).


But it WOULD work -in theory- on video?


There are ideas with video discussed, like floating something over a webcam. That's totally possible. I did it just with a camera and it works. It's not an app, so it requires practice to get what you're going for. It's photography, so it would appeal to someone that likes lending their own artistic flair to what they are doing. That eliminates 99% of Magicians because they like pressing a button and having the camera turn into a duck.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
I'm still intrigued by this. How easy to make/carry is the gimmick discussed? And how does the impromptu version compare to the gimmicked?
Zombie Magic
View Profile
Inner circle
I went out for a beer and now have
8737 Posts

Profile of Zombie Magic
I found it all easy, but I was only playing around with it for myself ( my wife's an artist, so she helped me ) I got it just to be able to do something fun for our family reunion. This isn't a magic trick ( it's photography ) so you have to enjoy working on stuff. Most Magicians like self-working tricks and props that you can do 5 minutes after opening the box.
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-10-04 23:25, Zombie Magic wrote:
I found it all easy, but I was only playing around with it for myself ( my wife's an artist, so she helped me ) I got it just to be able to do something fun for our family reunion. This isn't a magic trick ( it's photography ) so you have to enjoy working on stuff. Most Magicians like self-working tricks and props that you can do 5 minutes after opening the box.


Yea, I understand that, and I will spend months working on a specific move so the working on stuff isn't a problem. I also like to paint a little and make things creatively.
hackmonkey
View Profile
Inner circle
England
1093 Posts

Profile of hackmonkey
The video looked O.K. I think this works in a very similar way to an old Mayne product. Which in a way is good, because doing it on a borrowed phone would be cool.
Look behind you...on your left...thats the real world.



http://www.instagram.com/JoePiperMagic
Magic.Maddy
View Profile
Inner circle
1861 Posts

Profile of Magic.Maddy
Quote:
On 2013-10-05 00:34, hackmonkey wrote:
The video looked O.K. I think this works in a very similar way to an old Mayne product. Which in a way is good, because doing it on a borrowed phone would be cool.


That's what I was thinking as well
Fungineer
View Profile
New user
94 Posts

Profile of Fungineer
Quote:

It's photography, so it would appeal to someone that likes lending their own artistic flair to what they are doing. That eliminates 99% of Magicians because they like pressing a button and having the camera turn into a duck.



Thanks for the laugh!
Danny Kazam
View Profile
Inner circle
1516 Posts

Profile of Danny Kazam
A very simple google search will point you to the source on how to use your camera to create the illusion of floating objects. If you like this type of effect, save your money and search for the camera app. Not only can you create levitation illusions but the app also allows you to do much more with it. Oh, and it's free!

If all you want it for is to take fun pictures of family and friends, check out the levitation camera app. Who cares if it relies on a camera app? It's not like it's a magic trick, or anything. It's a photographer tool.
Keep your dreams alive. Understand to achieve anything requires faith and belief in yourself, vision, hard work, determination, and dedication. Remember all things are possible for those who believe.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » ASCENSION by Steve Fearson (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL