The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Crystal Acrylic Milk Pitcher/Multum in Pravo Deluxe (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
I was wondering if liquid Penetration Deluxe (crystal acrylic Milk Pitcher) could be refilled at the end of a Multum in Pravo act. My thought was.... Have the Milk Pitcher visibly diminish the milk in the milk pitcher....Then pour remaining milk from pitcher into the smallest glass of Multum in Pravo Deluxe. Continue thru Multum in Pravo Deluxe and fill the largest glass. Then instead of refilling each of the four glasses... Complete the cycle where you started by pouring the largest glass back into the crystal acrylic milk pitcher and fill it to the brim.
Does anyone know if this would be possible using the existing liquid penetration deluxe crystal acrylic milk pitcher?
Thanks
Mike
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22450 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Website reference would be good for the products you are mentioning, so we know which props you are talking about.

To answer your question generically, no it will not look good, do the they the items work. And to refill in the presence of the audience would not be possible. Although if you get a duplicate pitcher, and set it up properly, then you could pour the liquid back into it.

The crystal milk pitcher was sold in stores as a regular pitcher. I got on and a set of 4 glasses years ago, so I could do switch.
billappleton
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Gatos, California
1154 Posts

Profile of billappleton
Hey wardmagic I almost do this exact thing in my show

using the milk pitcher to fill the smallest multum glass is a great idea, this convinces the audience that there is real milk involved

trying to refill the pitcher is a bad idea, there is no way it is going to look right, you would have to pour on the side, etc
wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
I was thinking... If you cover just over half of the handle side of the inner compartment.... this gives you a "funnel" like area that the milk when poured back into the pitcher from the largest glass it should funnel the milk to the outer compartment thus having the pitcher to be filled to the brim and completing the full cycle. Thanks for the help and getting me to think... Sometimes it takes others commenting to come to a final solution. Thanks guys!!!!
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3369 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Does completing the cycle improve the effect? In what way?

Is it possible it might point to the method?
wardmagic
View Profile
Regular user
129 Posts

Profile of wardmagic
First WOW... I appreciate and honor your comment coming from you.... I have always admired your professionalism, style, creativity, stage presence and overall tremendous entertainer.
Now that you mention it you might be correct. But then again from the natural progression of doing Multum in Pravo that could be said also. I just thought it might be something different and would complete a cycle that could finish the progression.... Usually if you make a bird disappear you usually bring it back... Same is true if you produce a bird the natural progression is to Make it disappear.
Thanks for your thoughts they really make me think!!
Mike
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9495 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
If you wanted to completely complete the cycle then the milk should be put back, in the cow and grass should come out of their mouth.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3369 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Actually, I don't think that things that disappear need to be brought back. A rabbit or a dove might be brought back in a kid show, so they don't worry, but many a dove act ends with a vanish of one or more doves.

A lit cigarette that disappears and isn't brought back is remembered by the audience forever.

The reverse progression, especially if it requires gingerly motions, is liable to suggest the real solution.

It seems that Multum in Parvo wants a reason--condensing milk for cooking, for example, rather than simply demonstrating that you can make it small and make it big. Redoing the process seems less productive...and less meaningful, if that is possible.

I am a fan of Multum in Parvo really, and tried to find a way to use it in my Magnetized Water routine, but it just didn't work with clear water. In that routine, I combined four or five different water effects to create the impression of magnetized water.

You might find a way to combine several different effects to illustrate various little known qualities of milk--you knew it could be condensed, right? I mean you can buy it already condensed...

Take a look at the Magnetized Water routine, and perhaps you will see some ways to go:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUihClfzzME
Inviso
View Profile
Regular user
I have a paltry
121 Posts

Profile of Inviso
Pop, I'm just returning to performing and you, along with several other veterans on this forum, are truly inspirational with your generosity of ideas. Milk pitcher has always been a standard part of my act and I occasional fit in Multum in Parvo. The condensed milk suggestion provides a perfect opportunity to "explain" how the milk pitcher worked. Using Condensed Milk, pour in the first glass, but left out too long, it un-condenses...pour in the second ...and so on. I use OOM and have found it to work fine for this.
Bill Hegbli
View Profile
Eternal Order
Fort Wayne, Indiana
22450 Posts

Profile of Bill Hegbli
Read my review of this new Milk Pitcher Pro that just came on the market. Far superior to the Crystal Milk Pitcher and not as expensive.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......rum=8&12
Rainboguy
View Profile
Inner circle
1771 Posts

Profile of Rainboguy
Dai Vernon told me "If you ever vanish something....NEVER bring it back...it drives 'em crazy".....
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Boxes, tubes & bags » » Crystal Acrylic Milk Pitcher/Multum in Pravo Deluxe (1 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL