The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Passing of JP Jackson (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

ChrisLorensen
View Profile
New user
1 Post

Profile of ChrisLorensen
For those of you who had the pleasure of knowing JP Jackson you know what a tragic loss this has been. I knew him from Brad Burt's Magic Shop and purchased many an old book and trick from him. I just read he was a straight shooter, honest, friendly, and very helpful. I can easily say that is true. I hadn't seen him in many years, but that doesn't mean I hadn't thought about him, and quite often. His house was a museum and I'll miss ogling over that Thayer Vase, Cups and Balls galore, and A Magician Among the Spirits first Edition. Rest in Peace, old friend.
Julie
View Profile
Inner circle
3373 Posts

Profile of Julie
Sad news. He was such a nice man and a true lover of Magic of all kinds. Bless you JP.

Julie
jay leslie
View Profile
V.I.P.
Southern California
9492 Posts

Profile of jay leslie
Wow. I was just talking to him not too long ago. Been over to his house a few times. He had a few rules. Don't call before 10 am because he hasn't had coffee yet. Don't call after 5 pm because... Well he never said why, He just didn't want calls.
Stevethomas
View Profile
Inner circle
Southern U.S.A.
3728 Posts

Profile of Stevethomas
I'll miss the conversations with JP. Rest in peace, my friend.

Steve
Dave Dorsett
View Profile
Veteran user
Macomb, Illinois
345 Posts

Profile of Dave Dorsett
Absolutely wonderful man, a pleasure to talk with whether it was magic or any other subject. Truly one of the good guys. We traded off projects a few times over the years and a real joy every time we came in contact... now I'll never enjoy color changing knives the same way!
Recquiescat in pace, J.P.
Dave Dorsett
Douglas~Wayne Illusioneering
Dick Oslund
View Profile
Inner circle
8364 Posts

Profile of Dick Oslund
I hadn't heard of J.P.'s passing until Bruce Jensen's widow, Gigi, phoned.

J.P. and I had had many jackpot sessions--each time more enjoyable than the last. We were both carnies in our youth--and once you get sawdust in your shoes, you're with it for life! J.P. was a joint man and I was a back end man (or I should say "boy" in both cases). Like Thousand Faces Foxy, J.P. never made a mark out of an old broad, or a kid whose head didn't reach the counter.

On a southern CA school tour, I dropped in, had dinner, "toured" the museum, stayed overnight, and thoroughly enjoyed the visit. I shall miss him.

Hopefully, we'll have a reunion on the BIG LOT, where the grass is always green and level, and every day is a red one.

See you down the road, J.P.!
SNEAKY, UNDERHANDED, DEVIOUS,& SURREPTITIOUS ITINERANT MOUNTEBANK
jstreiff
View Profile
Special user
702 Posts

Profile of jstreiff
JP was quite a character. I recall attending a meeting of Ring 76 in San Diego a few years ago. JP and several other senior ring members were officiating an auction. Among the items I purchased that night were a Losander floating broom, a beautiful head chopper (which never made it back home to Virginia from San Diego - thankfully, and a prop that no one in the room could identify. That prop turned out to be an inexpensive comedy card in balloon effect from the 1980s. I could not believe that no one including the encyclopedic JP had ever seen it. Got it for a song! JP's home was stuffed to the rafters with wonderful magic effects. He was working on a bunch of MW die boxes the last time I visited him a few years ago. Always a font of information, always the talker, always passionate about magic and magicians. Yes, he will be missed.
John
Alex L. Molina
View Profile
New user
54 Posts

Profile of Alex L. Molina
Hello All Smile

Happy Holidays...

Never had the pleasure of meeting JP, yet everytime a fellow Magician passes, a "Broken Wand" ceremony comes to mind Smile

As I'm sure many of us do, I prefer to look at "death" as a celebration of LIFE - you may not be able to "fool" the Angels, JP (lol) but I'm sure you're Entertaining them...

RIP
"YOU Are The MAGIC"

Peace, Love, & Success
alex

www.FB.com/ASAOPEpresentsTUCHT
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Looking out for our own » » Passing of JP Jackson (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL