The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Combining methods (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

vigi
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of vigi
Hi all,
my lack of memory let me feel very angry in these days.

Can someone help me to recall a book or an author who talks about combining different methods to achieve a certain effect in order to let the spectator (and usually the magicians too) being unable to reconstruct the method used?

Thanks! Smile
cpbartak
View Profile
Special user
Mooresville, NC
941 Posts

Profile of cpbartak
Probably Bob Cassidy's The Logical Disconnect?
Some people hear voices.. Some see invisible people.. Others have no imagination whatsoever.
DrTodd
View Profile
Inner circle
1938 Posts

Profile of DrTodd
Darwin Ortuz Designing Miracles is also good on this.
Javi Noriega
View Profile
New user
Madrid (Spain)
26 Posts

Profile of Javi Noriega
Hi guys,

In my opinion, one of the best books on this topic (if not the best) is Juan Tamariz's 'The Magic Way' ('La Vía Mágica' in Spanish).

The main topic of this book (first published in 1987) is what he calls the 'Theory of False Solutions' ('La Teoría de las Pistas Falsas'). That means to be able to take an effect, eliminate all possible non-magical explanations (rendering potential solutions false) so that the only possible explanation left is that it was done by magic (or mindreading, influence, etc).

Tamariz is one of the living genius in the world of magic and all his works are really top-notch and worth reading and studying.

Best regards,
vigi
View Profile
New user
68 Posts

Profile of vigi
Thanks, guys!

But I mean how to use two or three different techniques togheter to make impossible to the spectator to guess the method...
ajb6864
View Profile
Special user
Europe
611 Posts

Profile of ajb6864
All of the above books will help you do exactly that!
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Combining methods (0 Likes)
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL