The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dr. Sanjay Gupta Changes Mind on Weed » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
R.S.
View Profile
Regular user
CT one day I'll have
188 Posts

Profile of R.S.
http://www.usatoday.com/story/news/natio......2636043/

excerpt:
_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________
The haze surrounding Sanjay Gupta's stance on medical marijuana use has cleared. The TV doctor says he just wasn't looking hard enough.

CNN's chief medical correspondent announced his change in heart Aug. 8 in an online op-ed, Why I Changed My Mind on Weed, promoting his special Weed, a documentary premiering tonight at 8 p.m. on CNN.

Gupta says he used to oppose the use of medical marijuana. But after more research, he says he has changed his mind, and has apologized for earlier statements, including his 2009 TIME magazine article Why I Would Vote No on Pot.

"I have apologized for some of the earlier reporting because I think, you know, we've been terribly and systematically misled in this country for some time," Gupta told Piers Morgan on CNN. "And I did part of that misleading."
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Ron
"It is error only, and not truth, that shrinks from inquiry." Thomas Paine
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
Again?
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Tabu subject
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I can't use it anymore because there's something about my brain chemistry that causes it to induce psychosis in me, so I know firsthand it's not for everyone. That said, I'm happy that my state legalized it for recreational use. I hope that the same happens on the Federal level soon. This is one where I support individual rights on it even if it's not for me.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

Profile of foreva.infiniti
This thread has already been started search 4 should weed be legal
Colors are Foreva. Numbers are Infinite. 4 every number there's a color. HEY! Eternity! Lets smoke a beer and drink some loud. But wait! I heard you was a six a plus a 6 ahhhh.
TomBoleware
View Profile
Inner circle
Hattiesburg, Ms
3174 Posts

Profile of TomBoleware
I can remember when regular cigarettes wasn't bad for you. Doctors advertised them on TV.

Now they say if you smoke one, it will kill you and everybody around you.

Tom
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-11 20:39, critter wrote:
I can't use it anymore because there's something about my brain chemistry that causes it to induce psychosis in me, so I know firsthand it's not for everyone. That said, I'm happy that my state legalized it for recreational use. I hope that the same happens on the Federal level soon. This is one where I support individual rights on it even if it's not for me.

"This is one where I support individual rights on it even if it's not for me."

That's the moral position on ALL situations.
"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Chessmann
View Profile
Inner circle
4247 Posts

Profile of Chessmann
Not exactly.
My ex-cat was named "Muffin". "Vomit" would be a better name for her. AKA "The Evil Ball of Fur".
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Yes exactly. It doesn't matter what you want for yourself, you have no right to force that on others.

Re: the main topic, I don't understand why this is even up for debate. I mean, I understand why the morons in office toe their lines, that will simply never change, but why there's any debate amongst people with the slightest sense of reason, it's nothing more than arrogance. .

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
OH lord here we go again. The gospel according to GDW.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2653 Posts

Profile of critter
I rarely commit to absolute statements, Glenn. Let's not do this dance again.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil's Island
16543 Posts

Profile of tommy
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
irossall
View Profile
Special user
Snohomish, Washington
529 Posts

Profile of irossall
Quote:
On 2013-08-11 20:39, critter wrote:
I'm happy that my state legalized it for recreational use. I hope that the same happens on the Federal level soon. This is one where I support individual rights on it even if it's not for me.

Recreational use of Marijuana is NOT legal in the state of Washington. Legalization is still in the works and in my opinion it will not be legal for some decades to come (if it ever gets legal).

Recreational use of Marijuana in the state of Washington is DECRIMINALIZED as long as an adult 21 or over goes by the guidelines. As far as the Feds (DEA) are concerned, use of Marijuana in any state is ILLEGAL.
We just had 4 Medical Marijuana outlet's busted by the DEA under the pretence of completing a 2 year investigation of stepping outside the bounds of legal sales. Not sure if the DEA really had anything on these places but I find the timing questionable. We also had a couple of Medical Marijuana outlet's closed and told they were not following the law because they were within a school zone. If they were within a school zone, why did the state give them a licence. Also, when the news media went to the outlet's, they asked, where is the school? No school was anywhere near the outlet's.

I don't understand why Colorado, which is now operating "Private" clubs where Marijuana is sold and smoked is being left alone. Why dosn't the DEA bust them? These clubs are not for medical use but rather for recreational use. I don't understand the cherry picking the DEA is involved in.
Iven Smile
Give the gift of Life, Be an Organ Donor.
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11045 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
If we decriminalized pot the Mexican cartels would lose their main source of revenue, and we can't have that.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
21263 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That arguement is just not supported by economic data. There are MANY wonderful arguements that can be made which are fairly rational. That is not one of them.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Russell Davidson
View Profile
Inner circle
Hampshire, England
1108 Posts

Profile of Russell Davidson
To all those in opposition - you don't know what you're talking about. End of story, no argument.
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

So the moderators deleted my thread about whether or not weed should be legal but this 1 still stands hmmmmm...
Colors are Foreva. Numbers are Infinite. 4 every number there's a color. HEY! Eternity! Lets smoke a beer and drink some loud. But wait! I heard you was a six a plus a 6 ahhhh.
foreva.infiniti
View Profile
Regular user
6 Posts a + a 6 Posts =
116 Posts

2 times the standard!
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1053 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 08:39, Russell Davidson wrote:
To all those in opposition - you don't know what you're talking about. End of story, no argument.

Oh well. When faced with evidence of this strength, all my questions are answered.

Whew. I thought there may have been methodological or statistical questions unanswered. But this settles it.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4884 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 10:13, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 08:39, Russell Davidson wrote:

Oh well. When faced with evidence of this strength, all my questions are answered.

Whew. I thought there may have been methodological or statistical questions unanswered. But this settles it.

If you want that then you need only look at two things; alcohol prohibition, and Portugal.

The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dr. Sanjay Gupta Changes Mind on Weed » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL