The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dr. Sanjay Gupta Changes Mind on Weed » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 10:22, gdw wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 10:13, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 08:39, Russell Davidson wrote:
To all those in opposition - you don't know what you're talking about. End of story, no argument.

Oh well. When faced with evidence of this strength, all my questions are answered.

Whew. I thought there may have been methodological or statistical questions unanswered. But this settles it.

If you want that then you need only look at two things; alcohol prohibition, and Portugal.

Depends on what the question is, eh?

Gupta's claim is that there is solid scientific evidence for the efficacy of the medical use of marijuana. Prohibition and Portugal are absolutely irrelevant to the discussion.
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Danny
How does it feel to be on the wrong side of history?
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 10:26, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
To all those in opposition - you don't know what you're talking about. End of story, no argument.

Oh well. When faced with evidence of this strength, all my questions are answered.

Whew. I thought there may have been methodological or statistical questions unanswered. But this settles it.

If you want that then you need only look at two things; alcohol prohibition, and Portugal.

Gupta's claim is that there is solid scientific evidence for the efficacy of the medical use of marijuana. Prohibition and Portugal are absolutely irrelevant to the discussion.

Then you already know there is evidence for the medical argument. Portugal and the patently obvious failure, and murderous nature of prohibition, are entirely relevant to the larger discussion; they're also still relevant to the medical discussion as prohibition is why there is still the ongoing insanely ignorant debate on the medical issue.
In america, marijuana is still listed as more dangerous then cocaine, and as having no medical use.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 10:32, Al Angello wrote:
Danny

Same as he has always been. He's gonna pulling a Jenny Mcarthy and dig his heels in deeper.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

Magnus Eisengrim
View Profile
Inner circle
Sulla placed heads on
1064 Posts

Profile of Magnus Eisengrim
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 12:32, gdw wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Then you already know there is evidence for the medical argument. Portugal and the patently obvious failure, and murderous nature of prohibition, are entirely relevant to the larger discussion; they're also still relevant to the medical discussion as prohibition is why there is still the ongoing insanely ignorant debate on the medical issue.
In america, marijuana is still listed as more dangerous then cocaine, and as having no medical use.

I know that there is evidence. I am not competent to evaluate the strength of the evidence nor to comment on its clinical application. I suspect you aren't either. Out of curiosity, where is the official "more dangerous" list ?
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;
The best lack all conviction, while the worst
Are full of passionate intensity.--Yeats
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 06:10, irossall wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-11 20:39, critter wrote:
I'm happy that my state legalized it for recreational use. I hope that the same happens on the Federal level soon. This is one where I support individual rights on it even if it's not for me.

Recreational use of Marijuana is NOT legal in the state of Washington. Legalization is still in the works and in my opinion it will not be legal for some decades to come (if it ever gets legal).

Recreational use of Marijuana in the state of Washington is DECRIMINALIZED as long as an adult 21 or over goes by the guidelines. As far as the Feds (DEA) are concerned, use of Marijuana in any state is ILLEGAL.
We just had 4 Medical Marijuana outlet's busted by the DEA under the pretence of completing a 2 year investigation of stepping outside the bounds of legal sales. Not sure if the DEA really had anything on these places but I find the timing questionable. We also had a couple of Medical Marijuana outlet's closed and told they were not following the law because they were within a school zone. If they were within a school zone, why did the state give them a licence. Also, when the news media went to the outlet's, they asked, where is the school? No school was anywhere near the outlet's.

I don't understand why Colorado, which is now operating "Private" clubs where Marijuana is sold and smoked is being left alone. Why dosn't the DEA bust them? These clubs are not for medical use but rather for recreational use. I don't understand the cherry picking the DEA is involved in.
Iven Smile

Yeah, semantics.

Enforcement probably varies by location then. Watched a guy smoke a stinky joint right next to a cop downtown over the fourth of July weekend. They were just standing there joking around. It was kind of cool to see.

That said, there was a Federal bust a few years ago of a medical marijuana dispensary that came about as close as we come in this town to getting people to riot. It was in the very lovely South Perry neighborhood near the Buddhist Temple and not a remotely seedy (no pun intended) location.
"The fool is one who doesn't know what you have just found out."
~Will Rogers
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
My point, though, was that we in Washington took an important step that I hope the Fed follows so that the state rights on this
will be respected by the Federal authorities.
~Will Rogers
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
Danny

Who are we to disagree with the president?
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 13:18, critter wrote:
I hope the Fed follows so that the state rights on this
will be respected by the Federal authorities.

Oh, man....good luck with that. Aside from Nanny State mentality, acknowledging ant state rights on a health issue opens the door for an abortion re-evaluation. Which us why liberal SCOTUS justices want no part of euthanasia, BTW.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
critter
View Profile
Inner circle
Spokane, WA
2551 Posts

Profile of critter
I can still hope.
~Will Rogers
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 12:33, gdw wrote:
Quote:
Danny

Same as he has always been. He's gonna pulling a Jenny Mcarthy and dig his heels in deeper.

What are the two of you babbling about?

What side of history am I on?

Where did I take a position on POT EVER?

I have said that there are people in the world who probably spend WAY too much time high
Probably a couple on this thread judging from some posts.
I have said it won't put the cartels out of business, and it won't. Show me economic data to the contrary.

I have said you shouldn't show up to kiddie parties after being high and juggling for them. Is THAT the wrong side of history?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Lobo
Why do most of your posts have have some sort of dramatic presidential implications to them?

Are you studying teabonics with Robert Smith?
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Is the President part of the make pot legal crowd?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
You know I think that we should hold Lobo's feet to the fire on his latest teabonics episode.
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
More name calling Al?

Seriously that is all you have?
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1192 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 15:44, Al Angello wrote:
Lobo
Why do most of your posts have have some sort of dramatic presidential implications to them?

Are you studying teabonics with Robert Smith?

I just think it's funny that you have this huge man-crush on Obama, then you call out Danny for being anti-pot.

gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 13:09, Magnus Eisengrim wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-12 12:32, gdw wrote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

I know that there is evidence. I am not competent to evaluate the strength of the evidence nor to comment on its clinical application. I suspect you aren't either. Out of curiosity, where is the official "more dangerous" list ?

"Schedule I

Schedule I drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with no currently accepted medical use and a high potential for abuse. Schedule I drugs are the most dangerous drugs of all the drug schedules with potentially severe psychological or physical dependence. Some examples of Schedule I drugs are:

heroin, lysergic acid diethylamide (LSD), marijuana (cannabis), 3,4-methylenedioxymethamphetamine (ecstasy), methaqualone, and peyote

Schedule II

Schedule II drugs, substances, or chemicals are defined as drugs with a high potential for abuse, less abuse potential than Schedule I drugs, with use potentially leading to severe psychological or physical dependence. These drugs are also considered dangerous. Some examples of Schedule II drugs are:

cocaine, methamphetamine, methadone, hydromorphone (Dilaudid), meperidine (Demerol), oxycodone (OxyContin), fentanyl, Dexedrine, Adderall, and Ritalin"

http://www.justice.gov/dea/druginfo/ds.shtml

Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Don't look for consinstancy out of Al. Never going to happen.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Lobo
You are pulling this horse by the tail, I am a big fan of the United States of America. You are the one who ties the president into every one of your posts.

As far as Danny and I are concerned we have been disagreeing with each other for years, and if he started smoking pot I would probably start dipping snuff, or doing jello shots. LOL
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
Since you only read what supports your opinion you probably missed this from your link.

"Drug Schedules

Drugs, substances, and certain chemicals used to make drugs are classified into five (5) distinct categories or schedules depending upon the drug’s acceptable medical use and the drug’s abuse or dependency potential. The abuse rate is a determinate factor in the scheduling of the drug; for example, Schedule I drugs are considered the most dangerous class of drugs with a high potential for abuse and potentially severe psychological and/or physical dependence. As the drug schedule changes-- Schedule II, Schedule III, etc., so does the abuse potential-- Schedule V drugs represents the least potential for abuse."

Not saying I agree or disagree. Just saying you are disingenuous as per usual.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Dr. Sanjay Gupta Changes Mind on Weed » » TOPIC IS LOCKED (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.27 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL