The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Americans Renouncing Citizenship Jumps Sixfold As Tax Law Looms (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
tommy
View Profile
Eternal Order
Devil’s Island
16230 Posts

Profile of tommy
The United States has accumulated over $70 trillion in unreported debt. 75% tax is not going to pay that off. So the best thing to do is run away to some place that is not in so much trouble, like Greece.
If there is a single truth about Magic, it is that nothing on earth so efficiently evades it.

Tommy
gdw
View Profile
Inner circle
4817 Posts

Profile of gdw
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 23:33, tommy wrote:
The United States has accumulated over $70 trillion in unreported debt. 75% tax is not going to pay that off. So the best thing to do is run away to some place that is not in so much trouble, like Greece.

Lol, nice.
It's amazing, people will criticize you for "biting the hand that feeds you," while they're busy praising the hand that beats them.

"You may say I'm a dreamer, but I'm not the only one."

I won't forget you Robert.
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 00:56, RobertSmith wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-15 21:54, Mr. Mystoffelees wrote:
Man, am I padding my post count...

Not in this section of TMC you're not.

I was just funnin', Robert...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Mr. Mystoffelees
View Profile
Inner circle
I haven't changed anyone's opinion in
3621 Posts

Profile of Mr. Mystoffelees
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 22:25, ed rhodes wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-13 10:12, gdw wrote:

You're putting us on, right?
There certainly are some industries which are much easier to enter than others, but this kind of thinking as an overall view of what it's like to be entrepreneurial in america is a joke:

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kellyphillip......the-u-s/
http://www.heritage.org/index/ranking

No he's not. There are some people in this world who simply don't see the roadblocks that are obvious to the rest of us. These are the people who casually say; "Start your own business" or "Move somewhere where you can get work." when you try to explain why things are difficult for you.

It's hubris, Ed.

I would posit that, in the final analysis, it is all a matter of luck. Certainly some measure of talent or tenacity is helpful, but only a ticket to the lottery. Most "successful" people are encumbered, in the dark of night, with a nagging realization that they have no idea how or why they got so lucky as well as a fear that they could never duplicate their good fortune were it necessary to try again from scratch...
Also known, when doing rope magic, as "Cordini"
Dannydoyle
View Profile
Eternal Order
20552 Posts

Profile of Dannydoyle
That is absurd. NOT ONE successful person I have ever met is worried about that. As a matter of fact the huge majority of them have the confidence that if something did happen it would not be long before they were back at it again.

THE HUGE percentage of successful people I have known know EXACTLY how they got where they are.

Now to be fair those are the people who made it the hard way. Made it through working very hard very long. Those with it thrust upon them suddenly are not successful.
Danny Doyle
<BR>Semper Occultus
<BR>In a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act....George Orwell
ed rhodes
View Profile
Inner circle
Rhode Island
2755 Posts

Profile of ed rhodes
Quote:
On 2013-08-13 20:29, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-13 19:55, Al Angello wrote:
if you think taxes are too high for you here please vote for people who will lower them

Fixed your post for you, Al!

Except they don't generally lower them for you or me. They lower them for people in the "Donald Trump" level of riches.
"There's no time to lose," I heard her say.
"Catch your dreams before they slip away."
"Dying all the time, lose your dreams and you could lose your mind.
Ain't life unkind?"
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » Americans Renouncing Citizenship Jumps Sixfold As Tax Law Looms (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6~7~8~9
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL