The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Matrix with only coins? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2 [Next]
mip
View Profile
New user
60 Posts

Profile of mip
Is there a coin matrix with only a number of coins and your hands - no cards?
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
Check the search engine for shadow coins.

John Born, Dean Dill and many others have routines as do Michael Ammar.

Chink a Chink with sugar cubes,dice or similar object could have been a starting point for the coins and hands only.

Enjoy the magic and the journey.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
majorshaw
View Profile
New user
Randy Shaw
73 Posts

Profile of majorshaw
Dill's is great, you can do it at the check out, at the store Smile
R.Shaw

AIMC with Silver Star
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27084 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
I heard there was one, it uses 10 coins and you need six hands. You start by making a 3x3 array of coins. Then you and a spec and a spec (really an assistant) with an extra coin do something that kind of resembles a game of twister. Never got popular though. Much easier to just do the trick the way Al Schnieder designed it.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
TheGreatDane
View Profile
Regular user
White Plains, NY
183 Posts

Profile of TheGreatDane
I saw a guy do a version in Tannens once with just his hands on the carpet, fingers spread. You could actually see the coin arrive under his hand before it left from under the other hand. It was friggin awesome. I still wish to someday find him and hogtie him til he teaches me it.
"I know nothing with any certainty, but the sight of stars makes me dream." ~Vincent Van Gogh
Paul Sherman
View Profile
Inner circle
Arlington, VA
1511 Posts

Profile of Paul Sherman
Quote:
On 2003-12-09 22:32, TheGreatDane wrote:
I saw a guy do a version in Tannens once with just his hands on the carpet, fingers spread.

Sounds like you saw "shadow coins", Michael Ammar's variation on David Roth's "Chink-a-Chink". It IS a great routine. If you do a search you can find where it's published and then learn it without having to commit battery.

Paul
"The finished card expert considers nothing too trivial that in any way contributes to his success..." Erdnase

some youtube videos
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27084 Posts

There is a guy named Joe Rindfleisch who has a killer version of the trick (really two versions) and he visits Tannens on occasion.

Not so sure anyone is going to do any magic around you though. Not many are into getting hogtied or even annoyed for methods.
harris
View Profile
Inner circle
Harris Deutsch
8694 Posts

Profile of harris
Ditto on the original with 4 cards ala Schnieder.

That is the one I use. Sometimes I do the reverse ending.

I can't remember who to credit on the version I use.

KISS. Keep it simple in life and magic.

Harris
Harris Deutsch aka dr laugh
drlaugh4u@gmail.com
music, magic and marvelous toys
http://magician.org/member/drlaugh4u
Lo-Key
View Profile
Loyal user
Earth
225 Posts

Profile of Lo-Key
My friend Ray Nobel does a very nice martix with coins,and the routine is also origional
Digital Backlot
View Profile
Regular user
So. Cali
115 Posts

Profile of Digital Backlot
Lo-Key

it would help if you gave us a link showing Ray Nobel, don't know how he is. Your post, while appealing, doesn't really help without knowing what you're talking about.
Joel Payne
CEO 3D Filmmakers
www.DigitalBacklot.com
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27084 Posts

One of my friends does a great routine. Which is cool cause he's invisible. You have to wear a hat though. <g> It helps to be a rabbit too.
cperkins
View Profile
Special user
697 Posts

Profile of cperkins
I know this guy who changes a silver coin into a copper with the use of a substitution trunk....which he produces from his pants.
To see a difficult thing lightly handled gives the impression of the impossible.
(Goethe)
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27084 Posts

Is an English copper a 'bobby' or a 'penney'? I wouldn't want to insult one after they make an appearance from those pants. Do they come in both straight legs and pleats?
Lo-Key
View Profile
Loyal user
Earth
225 Posts

Profile of Lo-Key
Ray Nobel is a member of the Café I'm sure you can pm him He would be happy to send you his routine
if you pm me I will send you his e mail address.Thats all I can tell you because Ray might want to market his ideas
unfortunitely there is no link for any one to see this effect.
Close.Up.Dave
View Profile
Inner circle
Behind you!
2914 Posts

Profile of Close.Up.Dave
The ones that I know of are Shadow Coins on the Ammar Series, David Roth's which is what Michael Ammar based his routine off of (it's basically the same except for one key thing), The ones on Dean Dill's Coins 2000 video, and David Stone's on his video Coin Magic vol 2. There's more but those are the ones I've seen so far.
Alex Linian
View Profile
Inner circle
Peru
1278 Posts

Profile of Alex Linian
Ray Kosby has a reverse matrix with no Cards in his "Wow It's Ray Kosby" video. It uses no gimmicks, however, It is pretty complicated.

Smile
James Harrison
View Profile
Special user
Ontario, Canada
762 Posts

Profile of James Harrison
Chink-a-chink by David Roth (The coin version, not the sugar cube version) uses no cards and only your hands.

Michael Ammar came up with Shaodw Coins for those 'in the know' about maybe extra coins.

Dean Dill has a routine called Call Shot, that looks like Shadow Coins on steroids. Beatiful routine.

Ray Kosby has his reverse matrix, which inspired Dean Dill to come up with Explosion. (First with 16 coins, then the true explosion with like 30 coins.)

Not sure about too many other versions out there.

Though I know Scotty York had a chink-a-chink where you ditch the extra help a little sooner than in Roth's version.

And Goshman does it with bottle caps, which I think makes it easier to do, and makes it seem impromptu.

David Williamson has a version where you pick up the coins off the table, which I like using at the restaurant. (No worries about the sliding noise)
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4835 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Mip,
Yes there is! I Have one called Cardless in my Las Vegas notes pg. 24. You can find it at my web site
at http://www.stumagic.com my link is in the middle of the opening page! It looks just A matrix without cards as the hands ase showed empty after each vanish! Thanks!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
I also have a Shadow coins effect with a clean backfire and all at once assebly that is totally different than anything out as far as I know...I've seen Dill's, Born's, and MOST others. Best part is at the end it's examinable...no there will be NO videos put up just in case I do decide to release it someday.
Bill Palmer
View Profile
Eternal Order
Only Jonathan Townsend has more than
24252 Posts

Profile of Bill Palmer
There is a great version using four manhole covers and a pair of Domino's Pizza delivery signs in Superman comic #396. Of course, you have to be Superman to do it. And then there is the problem with lapping that extra manhole cover. ;-)
"The Swatter"

Founder of CODBAMMC

My Chickasaw name is "Throws Money at Cups."

www.cupsandballsmuseum.com
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Matrix with only coins? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.21 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL