The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Matrix with only coins? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2
Bill Citino
View Profile
Special user
Doylestown, PA
831 Posts

Profile of Bill Citino
In Knucklebusters Four, Reed has a crazy cool version of Chink a Chink that takes place in your hand, and in the process of waving the opposite hand all the coins assemble. I think that it's really cool, still working on it though lol.

-Bill
CitinoMAGIC: SLEEPLESS NIGHTS eBook - AVAILABLE NOW!
gbooze
View Profile
New user
55 Posts

Profile of gbooze
How about doing the effect with pepperonis on a pizza, assembling all 4 pepperonis on one slice only by waving your hand over and the best thing you could even eat the props before they want to examine everything!!!
Jonathan Townsend
View Profile
Eternal Order
Ossining, NY
27084 Posts

Profile of Jonathan Townsend
Almost makes one wonder about a seperate thread for magic with food.
...to all the coins I've dropped here
David Neighbors
View Profile
V.I.P.
4835 Posts

Profile of David Neighbors
Hi Gang,
Also forgot to say my cardless routine has a complete Reverse Assembly i.e. the 4 coins go back to the 4 corners at the end!

Best David Neighbors
The Coinjurer
David Neighbors

The Coinjurer

www.coinjurer.com
twistedace
View Profile
Inner circle
philadelphia
3772 Posts

Profile of twistedace
My routine also has a very clean reverse in it that happens instantly...it also has a very clean all at once assembly that hasn't been seen before becuase the hands actually move AWAY from the coins that assemble. Plus it can be examined if you guys like that kind of thing. It took a LONG time to come up with the handling the way I wanted it to look...like 3 months non-stop it seemed.
Rob Johnston
View Profile
Inner circle
Utah
2060 Posts

Profile of Rob Johnston
I believe David Roth had a one similar to what you are looking for. I saw something like it on Letterman when he was performing.
"Genius is another word for magic, and the whole point of magic is that it is inexplicable." - Margot Fonteyn
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Ya there's a matrix without any cards, it's called shadow coins.
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
BSutter
View Profile
Special user
Sitting on a pile of
582 Posts

Profile of BSutter
There is a nice no cards matrix in a book by Danny Korem titled "Korem Without Limits". The book is packed with good stuff and well rounded ie: not just coins, or cards. Available for about $35.00 from Ronjo and others.

Click here to view attached image.
Dave V
View Profile
Inner circle
Las Vegas, NV
4825 Posts

Profile of Dave V
How about a Matrix with no cover at all? You visually see the coins slide across the table. It was Jay Sankey who dreamed this up using Chinese coins, but it was impractical at the time. It's published in Sankey Pankey.

Now, with a little help from a modern aramid material from Dupont... Smile
No trees were killed in the making of this message, but a large number of electrons were terribly inconvenienced.
Dan LeFay
View Profile
Inner circle
Holland
1371 Posts

Profile of Dan LeFay
Quote:
On 2003-12-09 22:32, TheGreatDane wrote:
I saw a guy do a version in Tannens once with just his hands on the carpet, fingers spread. You could actually see the coin arrive under his hand before it left from under the other hand. It was friggin awesome. I still wish to someday find him and hogtie him til he teaches me it.

I may be mistaken but if he does what you say, he should constantly hear: hey you use 5 coins! It's a matter of cause and effect. Something has to leave first before it can arrive.

There is a very interesting thread about vanish/reappearance on one of the 2000 3-fly threads in which Bob Kohler and a lot of guys had a genuine technical discussion on the subject.
"Things need not have happened to be true.
Tales and dreams are the shadow-truths,
that will endure when mere facts are dust and ashes,
and forgot."
Neil Gaiman
mattisdx
View Profile
Inner circle
1614 Posts

Profile of mattisdx
Dean dill does some of the best matrix work out there. check out his dvd's called "Extreme Dean Volumes 1 and 2" totally amazing ! Smile
Magicmaven
View Profile
Inner circle
1235 Posts

Profile of Magicmaven
Shadow coins is quite simmilar to a matrix with no cards, and if you DON'T want to use any gaffs, just do a renidition of Dean dills "no extras," it's nice. with the help of a [, it's not that hard to come up with some nice matrix stuff with just ur hands. But if you want to use a Shadow Coins variation, do Michael Ammar's, it's on his Easy to master coin Miracles, volume 2. that's worth learning just so you know some of the princibles of shadow coins. Rmax
rmaxgoodwin.com
https://rmaxgoodwin.com/
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Nothing up my sleeve... » » Matrix with only coins? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.13 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL