The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MAGIC Live goodies? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
Magicalos
View Profile
Veteran user
394 Posts

Profile of Magicalos
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 11:47, magicjoe wrote:
The future cube was called icube.

the future cube that eric jones had is NOT icube....

its futuro cube...as stated earlier.,..

http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/f15a/?srp=2
RSchlutz
View Profile
V.I.P.
483 Posts

Profile of RSchlutz
BMW - Miracles came out at live. I think your friend pulled a fast one on you. Smile I saw someone just posted a review on the forum here.

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......m=218&19

I had a ball meeting everyone that came by the BBM booth. I love performing this material. Magic Live rocks !

For those wondering about Josh Jay inferno it is a very sweet effect.

Basically you hand out a matchbox and some Matches to spectators. They burn a match to eliminate down to a card. Once a card is selected the person open the matchbox to see one card inside. It proves to be the selected card. When you purchase you get the necessary cards and a matchbox even though you can used anyone. Joshes was very open with how he made this and you can tell a lot of thought which into it and the quality of the provided cards will
Last forever.

I really look forward to performing this.

Ryan
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 10:25, Magicalos wrote:
Loki,

I met you at ML ...if that helps you remember me Smile anycase...yes that futaro cube that Eric Jones was playing with can be had on thinkgeeks website for 99$ (i was lucky to spend a lot of time with eric the last day of the con)...im thinking of getting one...they are super cool (and open source coding!)

Hey Magicalos! I do remember you Smile And your monte effect too!

Thank you for clarification on the device, I didn't even get to see it! Lol. I just saw Eric carrying it around a lot. Smile

It sounds like you had a great time at MAGIC Live! That is fantastic!

LokI
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5378 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Garrett Thomas "Imagination Coins" sold out....
Bob_Hummer
View Profile
Special user
831 Posts

Profile of Bob_Hummer
I am not sure if I understand an earlier post.

Does Gaetan Bloom have new DVDs out? Or is it just the INTERCESSOR 2.0 DVD?
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 19:11, Bob_Hummer wrote:
I am not sure if I understand an earlier post.

Does Gaetan Bloom have new DVDs out? Or is it just the INTERCESSOR 2.0 DVD?

Hmm. Maybe I misheard something, or was just privy to a moment.
Intercessor 2.0 definitely.

I do not know any more than that. Sorry if I mislead anyone, I was grabbing from a lot of memories from the dealers room. Smile
LokI
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Wow, wow, wow. That was probably the greatest convention I've ever been to. It was AMAZING to see so many friends and to make so my new ones!!

As a dealer, I NEVER get to see what's going on, lol. Booooo. But I managed to pick up four things which I love:

1) An RNT2 "Alter-Ego" Antique Bronze Chop Cup
http://www.rnt2.com/alter-ego-beaded-cho......vAkpc2zg

2) "Miracles Without Moves" from Ryan Schlutz
http://www.bigblindmedia.com/ProductDeta......de=BBM92

3)"Messado" Rings from Ellusionist
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q_qntoy_LfE

and,

4) "Shot Put" by Kyle Marlett
http://www.nerdincmagic.com/#!product/pr......-marlett

Still exhausted, lol,

jamie
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
takeachance
View Profile
Inner circle
3419 Posts

Profile of takeachance
Garrett Thomas "Imagination Coins" Can anyone give a brief description?
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
It was great to hang out with you and yours Jamie Smile You guys rock! Keep it awesome Smile

takeachance - I would like to know too!
I talked with Garrett, but it was philosophical, (love his thinking!).
He didn't mention it to me.

LokI
David Regal
View Profile
V.I.P.
772 Posts

Profile of David Regal
Rockwall - My son is working on adding Clarity Box to my site, hopefully this weekend. Do you like how I blame him?
Robvs
View Profile
Elite user
470 Posts

Profile of Robvs
I have to be honest...Magic Live didn't impress me. However, the dealer room was absolutely amazing. Watching the actual creators demo their tricks was so much fun (and expensive). However, the presenters and provided entertainment left much to be desired. In all fairness, I'm a tough crowd and I only attended one (expensive) day. But there was a lot of talk...and talk...and talk. And when it's performers for which you have no vested interest, you'd wish that you had stayed in the dealer room. Listening to Gaeton Bloom tell me about his history as a performer and his love of dollar store shopping didn't exactly do it for me. A five minute tutorial on the Zarrow shuffle taught to me while I stand in the background, nearly unable to read the pips on the cards...not so much fun. Another ten minutes spent on an obscure Ackerman move which takes the spectators' skills and quick learning abilities for granted...eh. The facility was a dump, the AV equipment was atrocious. Whose idea was it to mount 52" television monitors/teleprompters to the floor in front of the performers, obstructing the view of half of the audience?

I expected something like this: 1. arrive and go to the showroom to watch 4-5 magicians perform 4-5 tricks from their performances for two hours. 2. Listen to 1/2 hour speech about something charitable. 3. Check out the dealer room 4. Products demoed on stage for an hour. 5. Rotating group lectures 6. Another show. Shows and lectures, not talking and talking.

I got something like this: 1. Arrive and receive standbye tickets to events 2. Listen to 2 hours of speeches about charitable causes and the history of magic (and obscure other magic related stuff, entertaining only to those whose lives are so satiated with magic that a PowerPoint presentation provides comic relief, not for those who want to see some action)- interrupted by three tricks performed by someone I've never heard of. My second row seat, front and center, had an obstructed view. 3. Pay homage to some old time magicians 4. Visit dealer room. 5. Fight for a seat in close up room (dove guy on agenda was unavailable) watch four magicians show one move- rushed and difficult to grasp. 6. Get turned down with standbye ticket 7. Back to the dealer room- having a blast with some pros. 8. Watch 1/2 hr of "comedy magic" which wasn't for everyone

Synopsis: Magic Live was great to put so many people in the same room. There just could have been better planned acts on the day I attended. Everyone in the magic world was there, why not get them on stage if even just to sell something new and cool? Lame agenda guys. Now I know why it was a secret.

But again, the dealer room and opportunity for relationships in the community was astounding.
Jamie D. Grant
View Profile
V.I.P.
as seen in Ripley's Believe It or Not! Twice!
2415 Posts

Profile of Jamie D. Grant
Quote:
On 2013-08-17 11:29, David Regal wrote:
Rockwall - My son is working on adding Clarity Box to my site, hopefully this weekend. Do you like how I blame him?

How could I forget that one!? Having seen it in person, I can tell you that David's got (yet another) hit on his hands.
TRICK OF THE YEAR: Industrial Revelation, BOOK OF THE YEAR: The Approach, The AIP Bottle, and my new book Scenic 52, can all be found over here: SendWonder.com
Kindness takes practice. My TEDx talk
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
606 Posts

Profile of johndevacmaker
Have to agree Robvs
No where near as good as 2 years ago.
Same format but inferior standard.
Most lectures were boring and un imaginative and the stage shows left a lot to be desired
After last times final Gala show Karnival of Wonders which was absolutely brilliant it was always going to be a tough
task to follow and there was a buzz that the illusionists who had a stand in the dealers hall maybe just maybe but no.
The final show was a mish mash of acts and as a magician I have to say the best act was a young and absolutely brilliant juggler
who should have closed the show he brought the house down with a standing ovation
The dealers hall was the best part of the whole thing and had a great buzz
Think I will give the next Magic Live a miss and having second thoughts about the joint Sam/IBM next year now
that was brilliant last time as well so not sure they can equal that...?
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1034 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Have to Agree the Gala show was no way near the excellent Karnival of Wonders from last time,

The illusionists show would have been a Good Choice as the Previous Gala show would have been a very hard act to follow

Must agree that the Juggler should have ended the show as he was superb !
Card-Shark
View Profile
Inner circle
Germany
1749 Posts

Profile of Card-Shark
We definitely rocked with our newest releases Overkill Deck, Tamed Cards by Tommy Wonder and... Inferno by Joshua Jay.

Both Vanishing Inc and Card-Shark sold his newest effect that I am pretty proud of. They sold out while we still have a few left. The DVD just got ready the day before Magic Live started. As Josh wants to change the content on the DVD slightly we did not bring them to the press yet but will have to re-edit as soon as I get the files (waiting impatiently here...)

Only then we will start a BIG launch with Inferno. In the meantime we will be able to sell our "leftovers" at the TAOM Convention in Dallas next week.

All in all it is just an amazing effect: a card trick with only ONE card!!! An imaginary complete deck is burnt down by spectators and one spectator saves a single card at the end. The matchbox is opened by the spectator (no trick box or so) and the only card in the box is the chosen card!

No misindexed card (even if there is an option for that also), so the card could also be handed out and the equivoke even fooled magicians, as it is soooo smooth and awesome. The shortest and cleanest I have ever heard of. All makes sense, no obvious force.

So watch out for this trick!!!
Expert in playing card production for magicians.

The Person Who Says It cannot Be Done Should Not Interrupt The Person Doing It!
Chinese Proverb
Martin.Lester
View Profile
Inner circle
1034 Posts

Profile of Martin.Lester
Quote:
On 2013-08-21 09:42, Card-Shark wrote:
We definitely rocked with our newest releases Overkill Deck, Tamed Cards by Tommy Wonder and... Inferno by Joshua Jay.

Both Vanishing Inc and Card-Shark sold his newest effect that I am pretty proud of. They sold out while we still have a few left. The DVD just got ready the day before Magic Live started. As Josh wants to change the content on the DVD slightly we did not bring them to the press yet but will have to re-edit as soon as I get the files (waiting impatiently here...)

Only then we will start a BIG launch with Inferno. In the meantime we will be able to sell our "leftovers" at the TAOM Convention in Dallas next week.

All in all it is just an amazing effect: a card trick with only ONE card!!! An imaginary complete deck is burnt down by spectators and one spectator saves a single card at the end. The matchbox is opened by the spectator (no trick box or so) and the only card in the box is the chosen card!

No misindexed card (even if there is an option for that also), so the card could also be handed out and the equivoke even fooled magicians, as it is soooo smooth and awesome. The shortest and cleanest I have ever heard of. All makes sense, no obvious force.

So watch out for this trick!!!

While I did pick up the OverKill Deck, I am sorry to say I was not very impressed with Inferno by Joshua Jay.

anyone who already has On The Mark- Mark Elsdon which this effect is based on has a far better effect

http://www.themagiccafe.com/forums/viewt......orum=109

also the equivoke would not fool magicians who have any interest in Mentalism, as they would know that simply the correct procedure is not followed if the spectator picks the wrong outcome from the start,

on Mark’s effect you follow the same path throughout, everything looks a lot cleaner
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
606 Posts

While I am totally in love with Overkill deck the claims for Inferno are misleading
Not in same league as Mark Elsdons On the Mark
Which follows a true equivoque procedure
The matchbox can be opened by the spectator but you cannot let them touch the card(s)
Greg Rostami
View Profile
V.I.P.
Skynet will become self-aware in
2716 Posts

Profile of Greg Rostami
The Wizard Product Review Magic Live special was just posted.

A BIG thank you to both Dave and John for showcasing teleFoto on the show.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRNcG_u7c......&t=9m12s

all the best,
Greg Rostami
NFW
View Profile
Inner circle
UK
1050 Posts

Profile of NFW
Doesn't sound like I missed much..!
johndevacmaker
View Profile
Special user
606 Posts

True !
The only thing you missed was money flying out of your wallet
But I did buy some awesome Magic
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » MAGIC Live goodies? (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.28 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL