The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rope, Nut and Knot by Giovani Livera (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
917 Posts

Profile of Martino
This routine looks great. Does anyone know when it will be released?
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
Doug Arden
View Profile
Special user
885 Posts

Profile of Doug Arden
Quote:
On 2013-08-15 14:20, Martino wrote:
This routine looks great. Does anyone know when it will be released?

Friday, August 16th.
paperinick
View Profile
Inner circle
my faro is starting to look nice after
1132 Posts

Profile of paperinick
Very nice.
I do not agree with what you have to say, but I'll defend to the death my right to say "scr*w you" if you persist. [Voltaire Smile]
Steve Hook
View Profile
Inner circle
Raleigh, NC, USA
1262 Posts

Profile of Steve Hook
Like Bonnie Raitt said, "I miss Little Feat more than I miss being 8 years old." Long live Lowell, Richie, and Paul!
MR Effecto
View Profile
Inner circle
2399 Posts

Profile of MR Effecto
Some of the nut and rope routine look the same as the ring and string from Pro-Flite by Nicholas Einhorn.

But it does look really good.
John C
View Profile
Eternal Order
I THINK therefore I wrote
11889 Posts

Profile of John C
Giovanni shows us that if you play your cards right you can rope in all the chicks. It's nuts isn't it?

Great routine.
The ULTIMATE Routine Series: rebirth soon!
Andrew Zuber
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles, CA
2644 Posts

Profile of Andrew Zuber
Looks like another winner. After Salt and Silver, I'll definitely consider anything Giovanni releases.
"I'm sorry - if you were right, I would agree with you." -Robin Williams, Awakenings
magicjoe
View Profile
Special user
759 Posts

Profile of magicjoe
Saw it at MagicLive. It was a lot of fun. Winner!
JosephKerr
View Profile
Veteran user
Los Angeles
380 Posts

Profile of JosephKerr
Put my pre-order in right away. While I doubt this routine fits my performance style theres no way I can pass up an opportunity to see more
From Giovanni. His thoughts and work on misdirection, framing, and blocking are invaluable. Salt & Silver was so beautifully produced and taught
That I'm up for anything else he deems fit to share with the rest of us.
"Challenge Your Reality"
rasmus
View Profile
Inner circle
Switzerland
1690 Posts

Profile of rasmus
The Routine looks wonderful:)

Viva Italia!
A World without Magic is a World without Dreams and Hope:)

Creator of: STEEL (performed by Dynamo), X-RAY, Real Coin Bend (performed by Dynamo), Totally Crazy Bands, Rasmus Haunted Deck, MCF CARDS, Jawbreaker, POLTERGEIST
www.rasmusmagic.ch
whiteoakcanyon
View Profile
Special user
889 Posts

Profile of whiteoakcanyon
I was so impressed with Salt & Silver (both the routine and teaching) that I am sure this will be great!
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
Picked this up at Magic Live and Giovanni was kind enough to give me a few pointers on the one part I am struggling with. (The one handed knot trick which is part of the introduction and not absolutely necessary for the routine itself.) The rest of the routine is easily within the grasp of just about anyone I would say with very good teaching of the smallest details. I already do a ring and string but this looks so much fun and the huge nut is so cool and impossible looking when the rope slips right out of it. Giovanni is such a gentleman and so much fun to watch. His personality is so engaging and friendly. I think perfect for strolling and closeup. As soon as I have it really smooth, I will be using this at the restaurant.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3752 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I learned this from Giovani about 20 yrs ago when he lectured at the magi-Fest. Performed it for several years after that until Ring Leader came out and I switched to a more standard ri g/string routine. Working with the nut is actually easier than working with a finger ring for a lot of the moves. Great routine.
DougNicols
View Profile
Special user
843 Posts

Profile of DougNicols
This routine looks good, however so much other rope material out there it's hard for me to justify the single purchase. For a quick routine like this, I'd prefer it be bundled on a DVD with other effects at about the same price point. IMHO of course.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3752 Posts

Profile of emyers99
The nice thing about this is that he has designed a great beginning, middle and end. So it is a full routine with surprises at the beginning and a surprise at the end. It also takes what is historically a close up trick and makes it more visual for a bigger audience. To be honest, I'm glad he re-released this because it reminded me how much fun I used to have performing it. While I love my current finger ring routine with final load to the Nest of Wallets, I still have my original rope and nut from Giovanni and might have to bust this out again.

ps. what's funny is that when I try to remember highlights from the 20-25 magi fests I've attended, Giovanni's lecture always seems to pop into my head for some reason. So that is just another reminder of how memorable this routine can be.
Daren
View Profile
Inner circle
1846 Posts

Profile of Daren
I too have just ordered this looks great, and something I will definately use, I love the productions at the beginning with the nut and rope, how many phases to this routine are there?
lokikross
View Profile
Special user
An Undying Heart of Chaos; Stabbed with
720 Posts

Profile of lokikross
This was right in front of me at ML staring me in the face, before it hit the floor.
I wish I had chased it down, lol. I didn't see it at the end.

Ran into Giovani at ML. He is a really nice guy!

LokI

(BTW. This looks epic. It is very visual and surprising!)
SShawUK
View Profile
Regular user
151 Posts

Profile of SShawUK
I fell in love with Salt and Silver. I can't wait to get my hands on Rope, Nut and Knot. I'll be reviewing it for my blog for sure, I am a huge fan of Giovanni's work. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that he does a UK lecture tour in the not too distant future!
"When you have eliminated the impossible, whatever remains, however improbable, must be the truth"

www.magicblog.org
Stucky
View Profile
Inner circle
I'm Batman!
1345 Posts

Profile of Stucky
How does a demo video get this far without anyone noticing the spelling error?
Official Thread Killer
Martino
View Profile
Special user
Manchester, UK
917 Posts

Profile of Martino
Clearly, spelling isn't a prime requisite for magic producers (or indeed most people) these days.
"There's a difference between not knowing how something is done and knowing it can't be done!" - Simon Aronson
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rope, Nut and Knot by Giovani Livera (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.09 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL