The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rope, Nut and Knot by Giovani Livera (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
618 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
This routine looks killer.
rockwall
View Profile
Special user
762 Posts

Profile of rockwall
While at Magic Live I was talking to a 20 something magician who had just watched Giovanni perform Rope, Nut and Knot and stated that he thought it was a good price since it came with the gimmicked nut. The routine seemed so unbelievable that he was convinced the Nut had to be gimmicked! I had to explain to him that it was just a large nut, no gimmick. I think that surprised him even more!
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3743 Posts

Profile of emyers99
It is amazing how much better the standard moves look with the giant nut.
Doctor D
View Profile
Elite user
477 Posts

Profile of Doctor D
Quote:
On 2013-08-23 10:31, emyers99 wrote:
It is amazing how much better the standard moves look with the giant nut.

I noticed the same. Anyone who does any kind of ring & string routine will probably recognise the moves, but the nut just seems to POP off.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3743 Posts

Profile of emyers99
I've performed it a few hundred times and the size definitely makes the handling easier. So if you've ever struggled with a finger ring because of the size, this nut routine is the way to go.
rowland
View Profile
Inner circle
1275 Posts

Profile of rowland
Just bought this and the string is only just over two feet long, he mentions on the dvd that it should be three feet has anyone got a cord that is three feet or are they all smaller than the dvd says.
Apart from that it is a great dvd and routine.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3743 Posts

Profile of emyers99
The rope I bought from him years ago is about 2 feet long. I've always felt it should be a little longer, but it's perfectly doable at 2 feet. Because it's a thicker rope, three feet would be better because the rope would be a little more flexible, but I'm not sure 3 feet would fit into the card box.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Just ordered this as well. This can play pretty large and since I am learning that I need to retool what I do here, this seems like a great addition. For street work it looks like it could really play HUGE and regular walkaround and formal shows seem to be a no-brainer too.

That ending looks KILLER!
Kozmo
View Profile
V.I.P.
5362 Posts

Profile of Kozmo
Gio is the BEST! I wouldnt hesitate on buying anything this guy puts out. He does magic for a living unlike most of the people who are selling product on the market today.
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Ordered mine, hopefully it should arrive soon!
liampower
View Profile
Regular user
australia
187 Posts

Profile of liampower
I've been doing this for about 6 years. Learnt it from my mentor who learned it from Giovanni, highly recommended.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1334 Posts

Profile of barts185
This even looked great during the live performance on WPR from Magic Live.
barts185
View Profile
Inner circle
Can you believe I've been wrong on
1334 Posts

Profile of barts185
For anyone who wants the direct link to the WPR Magic Live interview / demo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DRNcG_u7cT8&t=2m11s
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2436 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
The one handed knot at the beginning is the Will Rogers knot.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
This arrived in the post today, while the moves are nothing really new, the routine is nice!

What I do like is the rope that comes with it, anyone know a decent supplier of this rope? It would go down well in my fibre optics roptine, and because its nylon, it doesn't get bits all over your suit!
Its braided white nylon boat rope (or something)

Jordan
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1536 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I got something like it in a boat shop.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Markymark
View Profile
Inner circle
1536 Posts

Profile of Markymark
I got something like it in a boat shop.
''In memory of a once fluid man,crammed and distorted by the classical mess'' -Bruce Lee
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Yeah he mentions it on the DVD, I'll have to check out the local BnQse what's available.
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
So the rope is a boat rope that can be found in a boat shop that's sells that boat rope that should be nylon boat rope. Just want to make sure. Do you think I could find that kind of rope used on a boat in a regular hard ware store instead of finding a boat store that does not sell boats, right?
rklew64
View Profile
Inner circle
1263 Posts

Profile of rklew64
Has anyone used climbing rope from a climbing shop. it seems that kind of rope seems similar to the boat rope. Could someone help me find this out please. Thanks.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rope, Nut and Knot by Giovani Livera (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.15 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL