The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rope, Nut and Knot by Giovani Livera (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Quote:
On 2013-08-29 13:19, Jordanogrady wrote:
I went to BnQ today to try and get some of the same roap, so that (as he mentiones in the DVD) he uses the middle rope for this nut routine.... Yeah the DVD is great and he teaches the routine so well...

Struggling to find a UK source for additional rope tho...

Jordan

I got some from the well known auction site in the UK.

Search for - Timber Sliding Sash Window Nylon Pre-Stretched Sash Cord 6mm - Washing Line/Rope

Hope that helps.
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:
On 2013-08-31 15:38, magicmerlz wrote:
Quote:
I went to BnQ today to try and get some of the same roap, so that (as he mentiones in the DVD) he uses the middle rope for this nut routine.... Yeah the DVD is great and he teaches the routine so well...

Jordan

Search for - Timber Sliding Sash Window Nylon Pre-Stretched Sash Cord 6mm - Washing Line/Rope

Hope that helps.

its thicker than 6mm
magicmerlz
View Profile
Loyal user
221 Posts

Profile of magicmerlz
Quote:
On 2013-08-31 19:13, Jordanogrady wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jordan

Hope that helps.

its thicker than 6mm

OK, so change the 6mm in the search term to whatever dimension you like...there are loads of sizes on there. I use the 6mm for other things so it works for me just fine.
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:
On 2013-09-01 12:08, magicmerlz wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-31 19:13, Jordanogrady wrote:
Quote:
Quote:

Jordan

Hope that helps.

its thicker than 6mm

OK, so change the 6mm in the search term to whatever dimension you like...there are loads of sizes on there. I use the 6mm for other things so it works for me just fine.

I tried mate, no joy. The rope that comes with this is not the same, believe me, its super soft slick, and braided. Its 9mm I believe.
Steven Conner
View Profile
Inner circle
2439 Posts

Profile of Steven Conner
Why not contact Giovanni and ask what he uses specifically and his source.
"The New York Papers," Mark Twain once said,"have long known that no large question is ever really settled until I have been consulted; it is the way they feel about it, and they show it by always sending to me when they get uneasy. "
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:
On 2013-09-01 13:57, Steven Conner wrote:
Why not contact Giovanni and ask what he uses specifically and his source.

it says on the DVD that you can get it in an hardware store, but clearly not in the UK.

He specifically mentions that eventually you'll need more rope, and to get it from a local store.... I'm guessing its something that's easily sourced in america.

They do have similar braided rope here, its just not as soft.

Jordan
TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
Anyone else having a complete nightmare trying to C.P the nut? Mine is a slippery bugger. I can easily palm 4 dollars but this puppy ain't staying put
mtmagic
View Profile
Loyal user
229 Posts

Profile of mtmagic
I have the same problem but have come up with a way to "load" the nut which is working well for me and eliminates carrying the nut around in my pocket. PM me if you want more info.
martysh
View Profile
Elite user
Greenville,SC
455 Posts

Profile of martysh
Am experimenting with third finger curl palm...seems to land on the table quite well with that.

Marty
Sean Giles
View Profile
Inner circle
Cambridge/ UK
3727 Posts

Profile of Sean Giles
Quote:
On 2013-09-03 10:05, TheTrickman wrote:
Anyone else having a complete nightmare trying to C.P the nut? Mine is a slippery bugger. I can easily palm 4 dollars but this puppy ain't staying put

Use a hacksaw to add some reeding (like on the edge of a coin). It will stick to your palm.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1875 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
I put my solution to the CP nut issue down in Secret Sessions...
TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
What is secret sessions? Or is it a secret?
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1875 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
You need 50 posts to access "Secret Sessions".
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
This is a very neat routine and perfect for table hopping! A quick review.......The perfect size nut and rope are supplied along with the instructional DVD, you will have to supply your own deck of cards if you want to perform Giovanni's excellent production at the start.

The routine is very well taught indeed, I already knew the ring and rope moves but the use of the rope and nut supplied really does make everything so much easier to do, especially the Clifton ring move at the end of the routine. At the start of the routine Giovanni not only produces the nut from the card box after removing the deck from the box, he also produces the rope from the empty card box. After the production you are then taught the one handed knot, this is something I did years ago but never really mastered it, well the great new is, with the rope supplied plus Giovanni's brilliant teaching you will get this down after a couple of tries.

We now move on to the nut off rope sequence, the nut is threaded and tied onto the rope where it instantly penetrates the rope. This sequence is again repeated but this time a spectator is holding on to the rope, the props supplied really add to how convincing this looks, and they also make the moves so much easier to do.

Now to the the brilliant climax, the ring is once again clearly shown to be threaded onto the rope (it really is) and the spectator ties the rope around your hand with two knots, the ring vanishes and is found under the card box, this looks stunning. The misdirection for the finale is built into the routine, you really can't go wrong.

Do I recommend this effect, yes very highly. It has a great opening, a near perfect middle, and for me (I love card under box/glass type effects) one of the best possible endings to any close up effect. The effect isn't difficult to do move wise, if you already do a ring and string routine you will most probably already know the moves, you will find that the props supplied will make the moves so much easier to do. Just a little audience management is needed to pull off the ending, everything is so well explained you really can't fail. This is a first class routine which takes up hardly any pocket space, this will replace the ring and string routine I've been doing for the last 15 years, yes it really is that good.

I would just like to add, the quality and the service from Peter Nardi and the Alakazam team is second to none, thanks!

I've just read some of the posts about the rope, I haven't tried yet but I think a couple of the boating shops near me sell this rope, I will check this out for you.

Right, back to getting this routine smooth and slick!!

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:

yeah its just massive!
gjmagic
View Profile
Special user
UK
970 Posts

Profile of gjmagic
Quote:
On 2013-09-03 17:19, Jordanogrady wrote:
Quote:

yeah its just massive!

You don't need to C.P. the nut, a modified F.P. works very well and much easier to do ;-)

Gary Jones.
MIMC Gold Star

www.garyjonesmagic.com

gary@garyjonesmagic.com

DVDs/Effects; The Unknown - iCandy - More iCandy 1 & 2 - Dupes - 52 0n 1 Project - 74% Self Working - Flying Tonight - Pocket This - 6 Pack Coins - 6 Pack Cards - Thought Wave - Noted - Duality - Live Lecture Vol 1 - Pseudo Pickpocket - iContact - Shock Twist - Thought of Cards Across Plus - Touched - Colour Diffusion - Look No Hands Wayne Dobson - Automata - Box Pad - No Frills Lecture Notes 1 & 2 - The Ammo - Double Cross - Initial Here - Automata 2 - Black Market - Trick Soup - Automata 3 - Penguin Live Lecture - Upper Hand - Cartoon Capers - Life's a Beach Vol 1.
VernonOnCoins
View Profile
Inner circle
NYC
1875 Posts

Profile of VernonOnCoins
To those having trouble finding the rope... Amazon is your friend.

The exact type of rope and dimensions are given on the DVD
Jordanogrady
View Profile
Loyal user
255 Posts

Profile of Jordanogrady
Quote:
On 2013-09-03 18:07, VernonOnCoins wrote:
To those having trouble finding the rope... Amazon is your friend.

The exact type of rope and dimensions are given on the DVD

Not amazon UK unfortunately.
emyers99
View Profile
Inner circle
Columbus, Ohio
3749 Posts

Profile of emyers99
As for palming the nut, when it is new, it is quite slippery. As you use it, however, the shiny finish will dull and that is when you can easily palm it. (Not that you need to for the routine). You can shine it with metal polish but I've always preferred the feel of the dull finish even though the chromed look is prettier.
TheTrickman
View Profile
New user
49 Posts

Profile of TheTrickman
I have a good play around with my nut last night (yeah yeah, make up your own jokes) and realised quite quickly that, as Gary Jones said, a C.P isn't at all necessary. A F.P is more than sufficient as there is absolutely no heat on the hand at that point
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Latest and Greatest? » » Rope, Nut and Knot by Giovani Livera (0 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5~6 [Next]
X
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL