The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Did you see this? (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Jerskin
View Profile
Inner circle
2496 Posts

Profile of Jerskin
GrEg oTtO

MUNDUS VULT DECIPI
Scott Soloff
View Profile
Special user
Philadelphia, PA
960 Posts

Profile of Scott Soloff
Now you can see where the money is in this business. Tickets starting at $195.00 a pop.

Personally, I'm not a fan. Still, I'm sure one could learn a great deal from watching Mr. Edward work.
'Curiouser and curiouser."
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
You can pick up a video on eBay of Johnny Magee working and still sleep at night knowing that you money is not going to a fraud. This is not the business of show, it's religion, even if it's done in Vegas.
thirdeye3
View Profile
New user
56 Posts

Profile of thirdeye3
Fraud? I've watched him on tv for years. I thought this was on the up and up. Having never been dead before, I have no reason to think otherwise.
Jon_Thompson
View Profile
Inner circle
Darkest Cheshire
2404 Posts

Profile of Jon_Thompson
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 04:18, thirdeye3 wrote:
Fraud? I've watched him on tv for years. I thought this was on the up and up. Having never been dead before, I have no reason to think otherwise.

On the contrary, you were dead for billions of years.
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 04:18, thirdeye3 wrote:
There are plenty if reasons to think otherwise, even if he had not been caught doing hit reading at least once. JE is a fraud.
MatCult
View Profile
Inner circle
1518 Posts

Profile of MatCult
*** those hit readers!
"Disbelief in magic can force a poor soul into believing in government and business."
george1953
View Profile
Inner circle
Mallorca (Spain)
5943 Posts

Profile of george1953
Just cant believe anyone is taken in by this man, its all about money and no regard for peoples emotions usualy at a difficult time in their lives.
By failing to prepare, we are preparing to fail.
Tom Cutts
View Profile
Staff
Northern CA
5931 Posts

Profile of Tom Cutts
Don't worry... I'm sure Penn and Teller as well as Criss Angel will be protesting out front. You know, saving the gullible from being taken in. Acting in line with their stated morals.

Then again they might just keep their mouths shut; politeness between strip venues and such.

It will be interesting to see. Of all towns Vegas has the names to call out JE.
Todd Robbins
View Profile
V.I.P.
New York
2922 Posts

Profile of Todd Robbins
John Edward and Sylvia Brown have been working Vegas for years.
OnTiltSoon
View Profile
Special user
Barcelona
543 Posts

Profile of OnTiltSoon
$210 per ticket...

I was just curious
- Joaquín Gasa Thomas
davidmag
View Profile
Regular user
195 Posts

Profile of davidmag
Over $200 per ticket? Now that is just insane! Stupidity really has no limits...
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Why do we care?
xxx
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 12:25, Tom Cutts wrote:

Acting in line with their stated morals.

Then again they might just keep their mouths shut; politeness between strip venues and such.
--snip--
I am glad such behavior concerns you. John Edward is acting out of line with his stated morals and relies now on feigned politeness while he preys on the grieving. I will take the imperfect but still honest behavior of P and T every time.
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 16:42, Jay Are wrote:
Why do we care?
Slow news day?
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
Who cares?

JE's work helps a lot of people.

Again -- why do WE CARE?

J
xxx
Garrette
View Profile
Special user
926 Posts

Profile of Garrette
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 16:55, Jay Are wrote:
Who cares?

JE's work helps a lot of people.

Again -- why do WE CARE?

J
Mainly because I think he hurts people as opposed to helping, but if you do not care you needn't participate.
IAIN
View Profile
Eternal Order
england
18807 Posts

Profile of IAIN
I personally do not support this kind of so called mediumship, it is making entertainment out of grief and fear... and if you lose anyone close to you, you have enough life experience and memories of them to know any answer to any question might pose to them, regardless of them being alive or not...its called knowing someone well...

if the people who are greiving and are having trouble getting back to living a healthy life, and accepting that doing so isn't forgetting those that have died, then they need help with kindness and understanding from family and friends - including a gently hard word to get them to go to bereavement counselling if that's what it takes...

you do not need someone on stage, with that inate sense of voyeurism mixed in with hope and vague answers being thrown out - that is not the healthiest of answers...i understand for some that it has worked, and it has helped, however overall, it is not the best answer for them really... and in my view, it makes somewhat of a mockery out of the memory of the person who has died...

I also understand that there's genuine people out there who want to help, and believe that what they are doing is mediumship and a genuine ability they have...as well as wanting to help pass on messages and help people feel better....however that too is ultimately, in my view, not beneficial either... I have some friends that are "into it", a couple that pass on messages or help others make contact, I do not think them as deluded, silly nor evil and manipulative, I just think there's another label and answer to what they believe they do...

if I were there, I would try and arrange a small group to go and hand out business cards for therapy, charities and all that kind of stuff...if you can get through to one person, then that's a good thing...

I do not think mediumship is a healthy thing, and certainly not when its tied in with vegas...
I've asked to be banned
Jay Are
View Profile
Inner circle
4186 Posts

Profile of Jay Are
I'm just not sure what the point of posting this on a forum like this is.

What is the post suppoed to do -- incite a riot? An angry mob?

Seems odd to me.

Why do mentalists always find an axe to grind with someone?

Pity...

J
xxx
aukt
View Profile
Special user
763 Posts

Profile of aukt
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 17:26, Jay Are wrote:
I'm just not sure what the point of posting this on a forum like this is.

What is the post suppoed to do -- incite a riot? An angry mob?

Seems odd to me.

Why do mentalists always find an axe to grind with someone?

Pity...

J

You like what he does?
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Penny for your thoughts » » Did you see this? (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2024 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.03 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL