The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What magician would you be afraid to fight? (1 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
626 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
On yeah- wouldn't want to fight Greg Wilson. Urban Ninja.

And a hell of a nice guy.
LobowolfXXX
View Profile
Inner circle
La Famiglia
1191 Posts

Profile of LobowolfXXX
Jon Dorenbos.
"Torture doesn't work" lol
Guess they forgot to tell Bill Buckley.

"...as we reason and love, we are able to hope. And hope enables us to resist those things that would enslave us."
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 11:12, LobowolfXXX wrote:
Jon Dorenbos.


If you had too now would probably be a good time, he suffered a concussion a few days ago and was carted off the field.
mastermindreader
View Profile
V.I.P.
Seattle, WA
12589 Posts

Profile of mastermindreader
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 01:50, jcrabtree2007 wrote:

...Ali in his prime although I don't think he got into magic till later in life.


If you watch the documentary "When We Were Kings," you can see Ali doing magic for children in Zaire prior to the legendary "Rumble in the Jungle" with George Foreman. I'd say he was still in his prime.

So I guess he qualifies, no surprise, as the greatest magician heavyweight champion of all time.
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3432 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
I stole Ali's watch twice, once at his table at Balboa's Magic Island, and once at a private party. He loves magic. He made me watch him do a color-changing silk, and then explained the whole thing to everyone at the table, showing the little dye tube and everything--he loved to do tricks, but felt his religion required him to not "fool" anybody.

He is a very nice, very kind man. I wouldn't want to fight him:

"If you even dream of beating me you'd better wake up and apologize."

Muhammad Ali
Marlin1894
View Profile
Special user
565 Posts

Profile of Marlin1894
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 12:20, mastermindreader wrote:

So I guess he qualifies, no surprise, as the greatest magician heavyweight champion of all time.


I don't know, Mike Tyson made 400 million dollars disappear without a trace.
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 11:03, jcrabtree2007 wrote:
On yeah- wouldn't want to fight Greg Wilson. Urban Ninja.

And a hell of a nice guy.


I think it's awesome we have a lot bad ass magicians. The best fighters I ever ran across are the nicest people. They never act tough or big and bad and the ones I have ran across in real life are totally and completely under-estimated yet they are vicious vicious in a fight and you wouldn't want to tangle with them! You would never know they were complete bad asses. That's the thing and mistake most people make, is that they under-estimate others.

You get into a fight with somebody you never know what's going to happen or what you are getting yourself into or what you are up against. I would refer to Sun Tzu's rule of win without fighting and if you absolutely had to fight the second rule I would refer to is "know yourself and know your enemy." All too often people get into a fight without knowing themselves or what they are up against. Know what you are up against and their strong and weak points and it's better to outsmart rather than outfight your opponent.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Houdini.

I'd be fighting a ghost. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
MaxfieldsMagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Instead of practicing, I made
3008 Posts

Profile of MaxfieldsMagic
Angela Funovits. Wouldn't mind taking a few slaps from her, though.
Now appearing nightly in my basement.
Pakar Ilusi
View Profile
Inner circle
5715 Posts

Profile of Pakar Ilusi
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 13:08, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Angela Funovits. Wouldn't mind taking a few slaps from her, though.


I'd protect myself from her using grappling techniques. Smile
"Dreams aren't a matter of Chance but a matter of Choice." -DC-
jcrabtree2007
View Profile
Special user
626 Posts

Profile of jcrabtree2007
Ali is the Greatest
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
There is too much fighting in the world. That said, why the fear of Penn?! It's Teller that is the real danger. Smile
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
There is too much fighting in the world.


I agree Vlad. It's like there is this dominant mentality in the world that might is right and something to be admired and worshiped. Might makes right mentality brought a lot of untold un-necessary suffering throughout history and in the end, didn't really solve anything. Ultimately it's the true genuine article of justice that solves problems in the long term and not might itself. It's the sort of mentality that led to the outbreak of World War I and World War II and the lack of justice in the aftermath of World War I assured that their would be a World War II as well. This is just an example of what I am talking about.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
DelMagic
View Profile
Special user
758 Posts

Profile of DelMagic
In his prime, Jonathan Pendragon.

Actually, with the shape I'm in, everyone.
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5316 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 13:08, MaxfieldsMagic wrote:
Angela Funovits. Wouldn't mind taking a few slaps from her, though.



I would take a DIVE,for Angela!
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
Pop Haydn
View Profile
Inner circle
Los Angeles
3432 Posts

Profile of Pop Haydn
Gazzo and Ricki Dunn both boxers.
Vlad_77
View Profile
Inner circle
The Netherlands
5829 Posts

Profile of Vlad_77
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 14:03, General_Magician wrote:
Quote:
There is too much fighting in the world.


I agree Vlad. It's like there is this dominant mentality in the world that might is right and something to be admired and worshiped. Might makes right mentality brought a lot of untold un-necessary suffering throughout history and in the end, didn't really solve anything. Ultimately it's the true genuine article of justice that solves problems in the long term and not might itself. It's the sort of mentality that led to the outbreak of World War I and World War II and the lack of justice in the aftermath of World War I assured that their would be a World War II as well. This is just an example of what I am talking about.


Hi General_Magician,

I am reading a book titled To End All Wars and it is one of the most gripping accounts of the First World War I have read. I think you would like the book. The author's name is Adam Hochschild. I am one of those Americans who seem to be in the minority that has been arguing that America should have a World War I monument. Though America was only involved in war for one year, the casualty rate was very high and a number of sources have asserted that if America had been involved for the whole war, 1914-1918, the casualty rate for Americans would have been as high as British or French - or German.

Hochschild's book is especially amazing because it focuses on a few of the major players in both the pro and anti-war camps. And I agree that the intransigence of the French in refusing to allow an easing of war reparations was a direct cause of the Second World War. I should hasten to add in case anyone should misunderstand that I am not in any way, shape, or form, condoning the actions of Adolf Hitler, Mussolini, and Hirohito.

Best,
Vlad
General_Magician
View Profile
Special user
United States
707 Posts

Profile of General_Magician
Quote:
Hi General_Magician,

I am reading a book titled To End All Wars and it is one of the most gripping accounts of the First World War I have read. I think you would like the book. The author's name is Adam Hochschild. I am one of those Americans who seem to be in the minority that has been arguing that America should have a World War I monument. Though America was only involved in war for one year, the casualty rate was very high and a number of sources have asserted that if America had been involved for the whole war, 1914-1918, the casualty rate for Americans would have been as high as British or French - or German.

Hochschild's book is especially amazing because it focuses on a few of the major players in both the pro and anti-war camps. And I agree that the intransigence of the French in refusing to allow an easing of war reparations was a direct cause of the Second World War. I should hasten to add in case anyone should misunderstand that I am not in any way, shape, or form, condoning the actions of Adolf Hitler, Mussolini, and Hirohito.

Best,
Vlad


Ohh yeah, no doubt. The casualty rate for the European powers in World War I was astronomical and I am sure we would have suffered the same casualty rate had we been involved from the get go. Even for 1 year of war, the casualty rate for our side was staggering but not near what the European powers suffered. Hitler was a mad man but it was the Treaty of Versailles that helped to create the vacuum for somebody like Hitler to come to power. After Hilter exploited some of the genius of one of his Generals, Heinz Guederian, and blitzkrieged through France, he forced France to sign their surrender documents in the same train that France forced Germany to sign their surrender documents at the end of World War I. Hitler then had the train blown up after he forced France to sign their surrender in that same train. But, really, I think World War II could have been prevented, had the aftermath of World War I been handled correctly by the Allies. The US also refused to be part of the Treaty of Versailles as well, but Germany still had to deal with France and Britain.
"Never fear shadows. They simply mean there is a light shining somewhere nearby." -unknown

Company Website
Facebook Business Page
Twitter Business Page
Al Angello
View Profile
Eternal Order
Collegeville, Pa. USA
11047 Posts

Profile of Al Angello
Charlotte Pendragon takes no prisoners. I wouldn't mess with her. Carrie Sue can put a hurting on you too. I would rather step into the ring with King Kong Bundy that either of those two women.
Al Angello The Comic Juggler/Magician
http://www.juggleral.com
http://home.comcast.net/~juggleral/
"Footprints on your ceiling are almost gone"
gaffed
View Profile
Inner circle
So far I've managed to gimmick
1818 Posts

Profile of gaffed
Quote:
On 2013-08-16 07:34, frankvomit wrote:
Quote:
On 2013-08-15 20:11, gaffed wrote:
Sorry, but I just have to ask; this has to do with the Latest and Greatest just how?
Perhaps this should be moved to: Not very magical, still...


Other than that, at my age, I seriously doubt that I would more than likely trip over the ropes while attempting to get into the ring. That, and aside from the fact, that I've admittedly become a total fighting woosss after 1966 & '67. Smile


I think you hit the wrong button this is not very magical still.


Suggest you read my post again.
This thread was at first in The Latest and Greatest, but has since then been moved to: Not very magical, stil…, which is where it should be. Smile
"Half this game is ninety percent mental."
~Yogi Berra~

"To one who has faith, no explanation is necessary. To one without faith, no explanation is possible." ~St. Thomas Aquinas~

Twitter"A means of proving how pathetic and lonely you are in 140 characters or less." ~Anonymous~
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » Not very magical, still... » » What magician would you be afraid to fight? (1 Likes)
 Go to page [Previous]  1~2~3~4~5 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2021 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.18 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL