The Magic Café
Username:
Password:
[ Lost Password ]
  [ Forgot Username ]
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Death of Poe (0 Likes) Printer Friendly Version

Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
The Death of Poe

I am proud to announce The Death of Poe. A beautiful story telling opportunity that will keep your audiences captivated. The Death of Poe comes complete with all the items pictured above, as well as a full manual with a routine.

For those that pre-ordered I thank you and you will be seeing tracking confirmations in your email this weekend. Unfortunately I will be raising the price on these. There are many pieces involved and it is a time consuming effect. The new price will be $75.00. However for this weekend, I will extend the current price of $55.00.

Thanks!
piyuyu
View Profile
Veteran user
308 Posts

Profile of piyuyu
I finished reading the manual and I really liked this effect a lot. Highly recommended. Get this along with the upcoming Prof BC's Doppleganger and you have a full evening of bizzare entertainment. One more thing, it's self working.
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
Thanks! I did forget to mention that! It is self working.

All open orders on The Death of Poe (including today's orders!) have received a tracking number and will be hitting mailboxes this Monday!
acesover
View Profile
Special user
I believe I have
816 Posts

Profile of acesover
Reading the effect (routine) on the site I can only say I don't get it. What am I missing? Is there a signal from the murder card or another card? Confused?
If I were to agree with you. Then we would both be wrong. As of Apr 5, 2015 10:26 pm I have 880 posts. Used to have over 1,000
Vic Nadata
View Profile
Special user
Charlotte, NC
935 Posts

Profile of Vic Nadata
PM Sent.

It is a very simple effect that allows the spectator a FREE CHOICE on how Mr. Poe died. They have a choice of Murder, Rabies, TB and Cooping. The spectator is never wrong, and it is self working.
steven-gibson
View Profile
Special user
Eastcoastspiritsessions.com
882 Posts

Profile of steven-gibson
Sounds too cool to pass up. Ordered mine.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5209 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
Received my tracking number and can't wait to have this bad boy in my hands. It looks beautiful Vic. Another winner I'm sure.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
espkeith
View Profile
Veteran user
CT, USA
353 Posts

Profile of espkeith
Looking forward to mine rolling in. Love the amount of background info and other thoughts that went into this one.
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
551 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
I have always been fascinated by the Life of Poe.
Looking forward to adding this one to my repertoire.

I am also seeking any additional effects utilizing a Raven Feather.
If anyone has any suggestions to share, it would be much appreciated.

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity,

Eric
Godzilla
View Profile
Inner circle
Tied & Untied Witches on
5318 Posts

Profile of Godzilla
Quote:
On 2013-08-18 23:31, Papasmurf wrote:

I am also seeking any additional effects utilizing a Raven Feather.

Eric

Eric,check out "The Touch of Cain"!
I think it is at,Penguin.
May,be something that you can use! Smile
"If you watch Godzilla backwards, it's about a big ass lizard who helps rebuild a half burnt-down city, then moonwalks back into the ocean"
afinemesh
View Profile
Inner circle
Senseless gibberish that amounts to
2612 Posts

Profile of afinemesh
"I've always been mental, I'm sure of it" Boris Pocus Smile

"Someday we'll look back on this and it will all seem funny". . .Bruce Springsteen
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
551 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
My purchase is in for Touch of Cain, looks great as a side effect.

Many thanks,

Eric
Ed Solomon
View Profile
New user
Ed Solomon
70 Posts

Profile of Ed Solomon
In the book GRANDFATHER STORIES, there is a routine using a black feather that comes as a gift as the results of a conversation with a crow.
Ok, it's not a raven but a first cousin at least. Based on a story from a tribal elder, it is thought provoking.

In another book, EGYPTIAN MAGIC, there is a routine involving a Falcon feather, referred to as the feather of truth or Maat. A spinoff of the moving feather in a bottle.

Larry White produced a feather routine that had the feather quill pen stand up an write.

While none of these relate to Poe or the Raven poem, they do stimulate the imagination.
Ed
I adore Grandfather Stories! The raven effect can be done with other bird feathers or plumes if you use your imagination! If you don't have a copy, you should. This is a very thought provoking book! I also use this book as a "go to" book when I am stuck and cannot come up with a new idea.
Wizard of Oz
View Profile
Inner circle
Most people wish I didn't have
5209 Posts

Profile of Wizard of Oz
They all could easily relate to Poe if one embellishes a bit and states that Poe would often write his initial drafts with a feather pen...a Raven feather.
Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain.
gothicmagic
View Profile
Inner circle
Ubiquitous
1271 Posts

Profile of gothicmagic
Looks like another winner, I haven't gotten anything from Vic that has been a disappointment, and this looks like it's once again sure fire win.
Vlad
Vlad ^0^
One of The Founding Fathers of The East Coast Spirit Sessions
www.Gothicmagic.com
Pomyles
View Profile
New user
Here
73 Posts

Profile of Pomyles
Very nice props. For a Poe lover like me it's a bargain.
Papasmurf
View Profile
Special user
Tell-Tale Shapeshifting
551 Posts

Profile of Papasmurf
Thanks Ed,

I will be looking into these feather effects. Should be easy enough to adapt to a plot of Poe.

Much appreciated,

Eric
viktorbc
View Profile
Special user
Delaware
530 Posts

Profile of viktorbc
I helped initially designed this one for Vic and Gemini Artifacts. Vic has taken my designs to a new level however. I just got the finished product in this past weekend and it is a work of art. Not to brag, but I don't think you can call yourself a bizarre magician without this now that it exists! Also, it get it soon... October is not only "the month of Halloween" but also, the month that Poe died in! Imagine conducting a Poe seance that ends with this illusion!

Vince
http://www.vincewilsonmagic.com/
VINCE WILSON

Bizarrist, Hypnotist and Paranormalist

Profile and more: www.vincewilsonmagic.com
Effects for sale: www.shadowbizarre.com
Van Helmont
View Profile
Elite user
488 Posts

Profile of Van Helmont
Misunderstood lyrics

The Epiphany Before Christmas: this day (12/23/13) I leave the Café for good!
Ed Solomon
View Profile
New user
Ed Solomon
70 Posts

Profile of Ed Solomon
The curious may enjoy this feather adaptation.
.'Taint Poe, but my Egyptian version of the moving feather.

Click here to view attached image.
The Magic Cafe Forum Index » » The spooky, the mysterious...the bizarre! » » The Death of Poe (0 Likes)
 Go to page 1~2~3 [Next]
[ Top of Page ]
All content & postings Copyright © 2001-2020 Steve Brooks. All Rights Reserved.
This page was created in 0.14 seconds requiring 5 database queries.
The views and comments expressed on The Magic Café
are not necessarily those of The Magic Café, Steve Brooks, or Steve Brooks Magic.
> Privacy Statement <

ROTFL Billions and billions served! ROTFL